Why doesn't the black suit in 3 look like the black suit in the comics?

I see a lot of snowflakes in your posts and very little coherency.

Grow up, you’re the biggest baby of them all. If you can’t respect the opinions of others & discuss the reasons why in a meaningful & respectful manner. Then sit on your finger you’ll feel better. Good day. I said GOOD DAY!!!

The Infernal said:
They don't need a new costume for that. They already have stupid merchandise like that.

Just A little sarcasm. Look it up

It might have been on that thing we're not allowed to talk about or something else (there's been so much said about this film already), but I rember somebody saying that the original look lacked definition on camera - hence the webbing.

:venom:

Visionary said:
Great point, maybe because they are Nolanites.:)

Oh, and Bats' costume in gray and blue in the comics, well, at least most of the time.:O

Batman's current costume is grey and black. The "blue" parts are actually meant to be highlights in the black portion of the costume. See also Superman's "blue" hair and Venom's "blue" muscle tone for an example of how comics colorists use blue to show highlights in black.

Personally, I prefer Pete's first costume color combination- Red & Black. I wish he'd go back to that, and drop the blue.

Just so long as we never see the yellow & red "Iron Spider" design in a movie!!!

Although I love black a lot I don't like spiderman's black outfit....he looks depressing.

Decay said:
Although I love black a lot I don't like spiderman's black outfit....he looks depressing.

I think he looks sleek and streamlined :o

Well he would if it didn't look so crap :(

Costume changes are necessary. Some are good [Ock], some are bad [Green Goblin 1&2].

But the black costume is a lazy design. It doesn't look crap. It's just nothing special. It's just the Spider-Man costume, except it's black.

That's it.

Raimi might be a great director but he really should fire his costume designer. Whoever it is, they are not doing their job properly. Also I can't believe Raimi okayed all these costume disasters. Shame on Raim

Raimi might be a great director but he really should fire his costume designer. Whoever it is, they are not doing their job properly. Also I can't believe Raimi okayed all these costume disasters. Shame on Raim

Yeah, shame on Raimi

Doctor Octopus said:
Costume changes are necessary. Some are good [Ock], some are bad [Green Goblin 1&2].

But the black costume is a lazy design. It doesn't look crap. It's just nothing special. It's just the Spider-Man costume, except it's black.

That's it.
They changed the spider emblem. So it's more than just a change to black.

TheVileOne said:

Wow the end of the legs fold in a little. That's a really big change :eek:

Oh by the way that was sarcasm :o

The black spider man costume in this movie looks way better than what the comic costume would of looked like,it's an improvement.

wolfsfang said:
Wow the end of the legs fold in a little. That's a really big change :eek:

Oh by the way that was sarcasm :o
They still changed more than just the color :p .

GoldGoblin said:
The black spider man costume in this movie looks way better than what the comic costume would of looked like,it's an improvement.

You can't say that with 100% certainty cuz we have never seen the comic version on the big screen so we have no idea how well it would have translated. And now because of Sam (Rubbish Costume) Raimi and his dedicated team of Outfit Destroyers we will probably never get to see it. :mad:

I dont mind the black movie costume as a costume by itself. What I dont like is that it's not a symbiote costume, really, considering the symbiote goo basically just latches onto his old costume and dyes it black.

I was kinda hoping for a complete symbiote costume and not just sentient dying-gel.

Vile said:
I dont mind the black movie costume as a costume by itself. What I dont like is that it's not a symbiote costume, really, considering the symbiote goo basically just latches onto his old costume and dyes it black.

I was kinda hoping for a complete symbiote costume and not just sentient dying-gel.

Exactly. The symbiote did not have to dye his costume black (and change the logo a tiny bit)...THE SYMBIOTE IS A COSTUME!!!

Seriously is that so hard for they guys making the film to understand. It never ever died the costume he was wearing, it became his bloody costume.

So, lets see...

Harry goes insane and follows in his father's footsteps by becoming the Rocket Racer.

The "Symbiote" is just sentient dying gel that turns Pete Emo/Evil in an extremely lame plot device.

Venom is Venom because...he has 10 minutes of screen time. No, I dont think so.

Well...atleast Raimi got Sandman right...oh wait, he killed Uncle Ben.

Dammit.

What i don't get is why on the spiderman 2 dvd the costume guy was explaining/complaining about the raised webbing and getting it right. The origanal black costume would have been a lot simpler to make yet they opt for the one we have now.

TheVileOne said:

What, folding the little legs in??

Oh my stars and garters what a dramatic change. Bet it was the first thing everyone notice too ;)

It's a lazy design. Simple as that.

Doctor Octopus said:
What, folding the little legs in??

Oh my stars and garters what a dramatic change. Bet it was the first thing everyone notice too ;)

It's a lazy design. Simple as that.

That's exactly what I said.

Spider-Man might be a great comic-book movie franchise but damn they do love to ruin the costumes. :mad:

How did they ruin the costume??? It looks great. Fans just like to nitpick. IMO the costume is great!!!! The black is looks great too.

i would've preffered to see the black costume with the giant white spider, and without the webbing... like that manip that showed up after the first teaser of the costume, but, the way they're doing it does make much more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"