Will Marc Webb return?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Picard Sisko, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Will Marc Webb return for TASM2?

1. Definitely

2. Maybe

3. Nah, not at all.

4. Depends on the success of TASM

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

2. awesome232 Racktastic!!!

I don't know...Marc Webb talks about the sequels at time as though he is directing. But I don't know...maybe Josh Trank would be a good choice. He did excellent with Chronicle!

3. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

I feel like it would be a bad decision career wise. Then again, its probably so much stress for him to make these big budget movies, he may not be able to handle it, and could end up making another Spider-Man 3 or Green Lantern.

4. El Payaso Registered

Isn't this what every single superhero movie director says after wrapping their first movie in a superhero franchise? Before they start making the sequel I mean?

5. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Only lately to be honest. I suppose as more and more companies get lesser known, more arthouse directors, some people find they can't cope with that responsibility.

I hope Marc comes back though. I want to see him develop in confidence.

6. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

I feel like when a director stays, he starts to get to know the cast a lot better, and everyone gets more comfortable. You know that this one person has had a say for all the movies and it feels a bit more personal (like with Nolan). With a new director, the franchise could go in a totally different direction, which can be either good or bad.

7. Da Games Elite Registered

He seems to be invested in telling this multi-film story arc about the parents and what have you. If he isn't directing, he'll be involved creatively in some way. I think he'll direct, but I don't want to say he WILL direct.

8. Gabe99 Registered

From The Playlist:
    Is Director Marc Webb Going To Return For 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2?'
    From B.A.D.:
    TRANSFORMERS Writers To Pen AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel

9. PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

We've heard about the involvement of Orci and Kurtzman for a while. I'm hoping they bring it like they did for Star Trek and not like Transformers 2.

10. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

He should return but if not, I wouldn't be so disappointed. I love (500) Days of Summer but I wasn't impressed with The Amazing Spider-Man.

11. bullets bang bang

I'm sure he'll return.

12. The Villain Registered

I hope he returns to see how he handles Mysterio hopefully. The Jackal or Chameleon second hopefulls.

13. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I don't think he really got Spider-man. He needed a bit more energy. To be honest, it wasn't fair setting him up for this. It's way too big a film. It's like getting someone who has run a small general shop in a rural area for three months and making them CEO of News Limited or something.

I almost wonder if they could bury the hatchett with Raimi and ask him back. Even if he was just producing. It would be enough just to give it more energy and have someone who doesn't just want to make Batman but with Spider-man.

14. Nathan Registered

What do you mean he didn't get Spider-Man? He got him more than Raimi throughout 3 Movies.

15. ©KAW Registered

What, you don't like a ******ed mute playing Spider-Man?

Hell NO! I will kill a mockingbird before that happens! :mad:

16. bapi Registered

I think he won't return.

17. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

I agree. I would love him to but I think he'll leave. Sony better get a big name if it happens. Just for the optics alone.

#17 SoNicRaDiATioN, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  18. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Now, now. No need for name calling.

19. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

This is not a surprise. Webb dropped hints in previous interviews and now Belgrad is just laying the groundwork with this Fox smoke screen. The first film started principal photography 19 months prior to it's release. If we do the math and equte that to the sequel, then October 2012 is when you would think shooting will start on the sequel. That's only 3 months from now.

If Webb doesn't return I would be very concerned. My biggest worries are A) That Sony settles for some paint by numbers genre hack instead of going after a major talent. Unless this (potential) turnover was in the works for months, they are on such a tight schedule to find a suitable replacement that they might have to settle for less. And B) That big time talents wouldn't want this job because the only option given by Sony is to pick up the pieces to Webb's vision instead of given the opportunity to fully realize their own.

So the next couple of months will be very interesting and extremely important to say the least.

#21 SoNicRaDiATioN, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  20. Manic4Love Registered

He MUST EFFING RETURN! Or I do not plan to see the sequel. EFF YOU. It's cause of him the reason why the relationship between Parker and Gwen was so great. GWEN NEEDS TO BE KILLED PERFECTLY.

21. Oscorp Registered

We need a good Spider-Man trilogy and for that, we need Marc Webb right now. I don't know who else would be a good fit for what Webb started.

I don't want mindless films where the only thing that matters is cool looking action scenes.

Unfortunately I have a feeling Marc Webb will leave. And with that, I don't have high hopes for the sequels :(

22. NewYorkSpider EndGame

If Webb can't return, I would like to see David Fincher take the helm.

23. Gabe99 Registered

From Deadline:
    Andrew Garfield And Marc Webb Sign On For Spidey Sequel

From Variety:
    Marc Webb to direct 'Spider-Man 2' - Sony sequel to start production next year