Will "SPIDER-MAN 3" be an epic?

well, that's great. I'm really excited for this movie.

the point I was trying to make was that I really don't care if Spider-man 3 will be epic. As long as it is a good movie, like the first 2, then I will be happy.

well, that's great. I'm really excited for this movie.

the point I was trying to make was that I really don't care if Spider-man 3 will be epic. As long as it is a good movie, like the first 2, then I will be happy.
i will be happy even if the movie is not epic but i highly think that it will be:yay:.

Actually I made this thread because I honestly believe that Spider-Man 3 will have the BEST chance of becoming an epic! I just wanna see an even more mature spidey film, which I hope to recieve from spidey 3!... Of course there should be humor, but at the right places -at the right time.

I hope (hence -I hope!) the film will be a deep, emotional, heartfelt drama, with the most explosive-mindblowing-unbelivable action sequences ever created! I want the charming humor and wit that I've only seen in the spider-man films, of course; But it should only be in the first half of the film. I want it to evolve just like EPISODE III did. It got darker and darker as the movie progressed, that was great!

Spidey 3 really looks to become the most badass movie experience of 2007! I even got that from the trailer, that the action will be unbelievably realistic looking, concidering the facts! It really does look so freaken real now, it's absolutely amazing that it can be done! Agreed?

An epic shot in Spidey 3 could be Spiderman on top of the empire state building looking down at NY in the rain at night, while basking in his new power that the black suit has given him. That would be amazing visually and would be an epic shot. A lot like this spiderman 2 poster, but at night
spider_man_two_ver5.jpg

i think that Spider-Man 3 has a chance to be an epic but i could guarentee u that Spider-Man 3 will be the Best Superhero Movie of the Year or maybe even the Best Superhero Movie Ever!

Well, IMO, SM3 will definitely have an epic feel to it, but the movie won't be necessarily epic. I'm not saying that the movie won't be any good, but the story and conflict that Raimi is presenting in the films are mostly personal and not as huge as other stories that are considered to be epic.

The previous two Spider-Man films had an epic FEEL to it due to how it told the story of Peter Parker. It followed the basic rules of Joseph Campbell's "The Hero's Story" and it made me think in the sense that I was watching some sort of modern day myth. All of that seems very epic IN TONE, but the reason I believe that the SM films aren't epic is because the conflict in the world of the movies ONLY affects the main characters in the film and the inhabitants of New York.

Unlike in Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings, the conflict in those stories effect the ENTIRE world that it exists in. The heroes in Star Wars are trying to save the ENTIRE galaxy from evil. The heroes in LOTR are trying to save the ENTIRE Middle Earth from Sauron and the evil ring of power. Plus to that you add the overwhelming backstory and mythology to those stories have thus creating what I consider something that is truly EPIC.

The Spider-Man mythology is rich and exciting, and the films are definitely modern-day movie classics, but the films are far from gaining epic status (unless Raimi and Sony by some unexplained miracle obtains the rights to all of the characters in the Marvel universe, and garner the enough funds to actually do a Civil War movie =D)

Yah it was good...I like Spider-man 2 better, batman begins is my second favourite super hero flick though.

Well, IMO, SM3 will definitely have an epic feel to it, but the movie won't be necessarily epic. I'm not saying that the movie won't be any good, but the story and conflict that Raimi is presenting in the films are mostly personal and not as huge as other stories that are considered to be epic.

The previous two Spider-Man films had an epic FEEL to it due to how it told the story of Peter Parker. It followed the basic rules of Joseph Campbell's "The Hero's Story" and it made me think in the sense that I was watching some sort of modern day myth. All of that seems very epic IN TONE, but the reason I believe that the SM films aren't epic is because the conflict in the world of the movies ONLY affects the main characters in the film and the inhabitants of New York.

Unlike in Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings, the conflict in those stories effect the ENTIRE world that it exists in. The heroes in Star Wars are trying to save the ENTIRE galaxy from evil. The heroes in LOTR are trying to save the ENTIRE Middle Earth from Sauron and the evil ring of power. Plus to that you add the overwhelming backstory and mythology to those stories have thus creating what I consider something that is truly EPIC.

The Spider-Man mythology is rich and exciting, and the films are definitely modern-day movie classics, but the films are far from gaining epic status (unless Raimi and Sony by some unexplained miracle obtains the rights to all of the characters in the Marvel universe, and garner the enough funds to actually do a Civil War movie =D)

Exactly, peopel are getting "epic" and "epic feel" tottaly mixed up.

the spider-man movies have always had an epic feel to them. we have seen spider-man web-swinging and in the background seeing the empire state building and parts of nyc. in spidey3 when symbiote spidey has his head down (in the first ever spidey3 photo of black costume spider-man). that is epic.

if the symbiote comes from a meteore and we see the meteore come to earth then we would see it from space which would make the movie epic.

It looks epic, but the movie will most likely not be EPIC in a literal sense. As I said earlier, there's a huge huge difference between something that totally LOOKS epic and something that is EPIC entirely.

BTW, I thought Singer's "Superman in Love" (c'mon that's what the title should have been :oldrazz:) was somewhat EPIC since it dealt with a global situation, but IMO the sappy love story and the predictable super-tyke thing totally kept the movie from being truly EPIC.

I'd really love to see the symbiote taking Peter for a little nightswing without Peter even knowing it (because he'll be sleeping!)... and then he wakes up on top of Empire state building:)

I'd really love to see the symbiote taking Peter for a little nightswing without Peter even knowing it (because he'll be sleeping!)... and then he wakes up on top of Empire state building:)

Why not have it take him out to pick up a hooker, and he wakes up next to the hooker with a really pissed off MJ standing over the bed?!:wow: :woot:

yeah that would be cool.

The reason that the SPIDER-MAN films will never be epic is not a bad thing, and it is not an insult to Spider-man as a character. The reason that they are not epic is the fact that the scope of the films is small. They are based entirely in Manhattan, New York. Yeah, it's a big city, but it is not exactly epic. BATMAN BEGINS took the audience all over the world. From Gotham City to the Himalayas to India, to Africa, back to Gotham. SUPERMAN RETURNS, and SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE take us from space, to Krypton, to Earth to Smallville, to Metropolis and so on and so forth. The scope of these movies is huge, Spider-man lends himself to a more compact story involving just Peter, MJ, Harry, and the villain in New York.

-R

:up: :up:

Though I respect your thoughts Naite I some what disagree. Now Batman Begins is one of the greatest movies ever *along side Spidey 1 and 2* Chris Nolan is one of my fav directors, yet his film was by no means Epic, no matter what you think, I agree with some one above, it had a more independent feel to it.

Superman Returns was epic, but I did not think it was good, epic does not make a movie any better or worse, most of my fav movies are not *epics* Epic is thrown around a lot. Star Wars, LOTR, yes those are epics, movies with an entire universe in danger or risk, not just a personal battle.

Will Spidey 3 be epic, in certian aspects just like the the first 2, I think the Spidey films have always been epic in emotion and character development, as of scope no of course not.

Just be careful how you use the word Epic, but like said above. Epic by no means what so ever means good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"