The petty continuities thread

I don't know about 8 months for Rogue, although it is a little bit.

Storm asks Rogue after class how long she's been on her own, and Rogue says 8 months.

X2 doesn't take place that long after X-Men. The story picks up immediately where the first one left off, and it doesn't take THAT LONG at all for someone to travel. It took place at worst a few weeks.

Singer says in the DVD Wolverine was on the road for 2 months.

X-Men: The Last Stand is definitely not a few years. Even Kinberg and Penn stated it was just a few months.

The president of X2 was far from being done with his term. In X3 the president is a "new" president.

That's a minimum of 2 years.

The president thing is a mistake, Peter. If you look closely, there's a different one in each movie.

I don't remember the prez from X1.

He's starting a discurse when Magneto's machine is activated. He's older and balder than president McKenna.

i may be drunk, but i remember in X3 someone saying something like "Its been a month since jean's death"

I don't remember the prez from X1.

Yeah, Protocida is right - there was a president in X1

The very forgettable David Black

davidblack.jpg

i may be drunk, but i remember in X3 someone saying something like "Its been a month since jean's death"

That was never said in X3.

X3 happens 1 - 2 years after X2, and there's alot of things to support that:

-Jean's hair is now down to her lower back, that would take minimum two years to grow.
-The children from X2 are all teenagers now.
-There's a new president, so if the last one began months after the one from X1, then X3 would actually take place more than 2 years after X2.
*Bobby and Rogue are hitting rock bottom, that's standard procedure for 2 years of no sex. :oldrazz:

I actually would like it if they made a very Weapon X-style twist on the original X-intros.

The Fox logo being made by adamantium.

Stryker maybe giving the voice over instead of Professor X.

The Weapon X doors closing instead of the Cerebro doors. And maybe having claw marks go through them.

I wouldn't mind a more somber touch like McCabe said, but I think it would be an interesting touch.

This.

I don't see how the Cerebro doors would work unless it or the school has a lot to do with the plot...which I don't think it does.

That was never said in X3.

X3 happens 1 - 2 years after X2, and there's alot of things to support that:

-Jean's hair is now down to her lower back, that would take minimum two years to grow.
-The children from X2 are all teenagers now.
-There's a new president, so if the last one began months after the one from X1, then X3 would actually take place more than 2 years after X2.
*Bobby and Rogue are hitting rock bottom, that's standard procedure for 2 years of no sex. :oldrazz:

The biggest support against that is that Kinberg himself said it takes place just a few months later.

As far as the president goes - Alkali Lake was snowy in X2, and green in X-Men: The Last Stand. I don't know Alaskan weather, but just knowing standard weather, there could have been snow as early as September or October, and the green could be anywhere between March and September.

Presidential elections happen in November, and the new President doesn't take over until January. It could very likely have been a newly elected President - either the old one didn't win re-election, or he wasn't eligible for re-election, but either way, the new President continued his stance towards mutants by creating the Department of Mutant Affairs (McKenna in X2 never seemed anti-mutant at any point in the film).

Or, more likely, it would have just been a casting inconsistency, like 2 Beasts, 2 Pyro's, and 3 Kitty Pryde's.

Also, Jean's death is still fresh on everyone's mind. It's still bothering Cyclops (I highly doubt he would have enduring 2 years of hearing her contact him psychically before being driven mad like he was), and it was still a relevant topic of discussion between Storm and Xavier. Logan and Scott's interaction also indicates it's not something they've been dealing with for years, but rather a couple months or so.

Jean's hair was also a cosmetic change that had nothing to do with time what so ever.

Technically, if we want to get that specific, if Jean was underwater for 2 years, her fingernails would also have been rather long as well, and she would have been DEAD from the fact that she hadn't eaten anything in 2 years.

Also, the younger X-Men were still in training, and "not ready yet", despite having gotten their first taste of action in X2 (Colossus cameo helping the students escape the mansion, Rogue and Iceman both getting uniforms at the end, becoming members, and Xavier's mention of "I know a little girl who can walk through walls" implies that Xavier now has Kitty Pryde doing work for the team as well).

They would have been a lot more seasoned if they had been training for 2 years. But they were raw, and were promoted obviously due to their contributions in X2 (Iceman and Rogue due to what they went through at the mansion and at Alkali Lake, Colossus for what he did at the mansion, and Kitty Pryde for what she was said to have done prior to the X-Men's trip to Washington).

I could buy 2 months between X-Men and X2, but there is no way that X-Men: The Last Stand takes place more than a few months after X2 (I think the 8 months that Kinberg cited is rather accurate).

IIRC, they wanted to cast the same actor for President McKenna but he had to opt out as he had prior commitment (might have been a TV show). So they ended up casting a new (inferior, IMO) actor and a new character altogether.

IIRC, they wanted to cast the same actor for President McKenna but he had to opt out as he had prior commitment (might have been a TV show). So they ended up casting a new (inferior, IMO) actor and a new character altogether.

You do know that "inferior" actor has been doing films since 1971's Dirty Harry, right?

Josef Sommer is a way better actor than Eliza Dushku's dad from Tru Calling, IMO.

You do know that "inferior" actor has been doing films since 1971's Dirty Harry, right?

Josef Sommer is a way better actor than Eliza Dushku's dad from Tru Calling, IMO.

Neither were anything to write home about, but at least X2's president didn't have the worst written lines in all of history.

Neither were anything to write home about, but at least X2's president didn't have the worst written lines in all of history.

Yea, you're right. President McKenna didn't bust out with the Joss Whedon classic "Do you know what happens to a Toad when it's struck by lightning?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"