William Fitchner IS The Shredder

Between the "few stages in his existence" comment and him dodging the question of being Japanese, I'm inclined to think they're going with a reincarnation route like in the IDW comics. If Splinter and the turtles are Hamato Yoshi and his sons, then I'm actually willing to buy this version of Shredder.

Or, they could've just decided to keep the idea of a militarized foot.

People keep forgetting that option.

Militarized Foot does not equal Colonel Schrader version of The Foot and Shredder, nor does it equal a bastardization of the original character.

I'm not forgetting it. In fact I'm almost positive that is exactly the route they're going down in regards to The Foot.

Of course if The Foot are a military branch then surely that would make Sachs as their leader a colonel or general. Surely that's simple logic to follow and that's very much in keeping with the leaked script.

Like I said there were a lot of suggestions of how Fitchner could still be Japanese such as having his face be scarred or always wearing his mask but now it's established he's definitely not we're getting a lot of complex suggestions on how he could still be a badass ninja and connected to Yoshi such as having him be adopted or travelling to Japan to study ninjitsu before returning to NY to enroll in the military and make an alliance with Krang and so on. Ignoring what seems to be the simpler route that he wont be a ninja at all and that his connection to the turtles is via that ancient prophecy.

Between the "few stages in his existence" comment and him dodging the question of being Japanese, I'm inclined to think they're going with a reincarnation route like in the IDW comics. If Splinter and the turtles are Hamato Yoshi and his sons, then I'm actually willing to buy this version of Shredder.

Could be interesting. At least far more interesting than a military Foot and Shredder.

"They call me..The Shred-Dude!" - Eric Sachs, 2014

Last edited:
Sachs, huh?

May have just as well gone with the Schrader name to be perfectly honest.

The reincarnation route, similar to IDW's version, could very well be the route taken with this, and it does have some interesting possibilities.

Yes, embrace HAMILTON YOTSKI!

I'M surprised that the Turtles aren't named Leonard, Donald, Michael, and Ralph since their original names are too ethnic and un 'Merican. I KID, I KID.

"COW-A-THAT'S-JUST-SPLENDID!"

Last edited:
So far the only casting choices I actually like are Mos Def as Stockman and Will Arnett as Vernon. And I really don't care at all about Vernon. So they could have cast pretty much anyone in it. Anyway, I'm mentally preparing myself now for Colonel Schraeder.
Wtf? Most Def was cast as Stockman?

When was this?

Yea, I'm almost certain we're going to see a sort of Bruce Wayne westerner coming out of ninja world type of deal with him.
I think kids today would be really open to something new of this sort.

This. Also, they may have him be like TDKR Bane who, like Shredder in this new movie, was quite different from their comic counterpart.

Like Bane in TDKR, he'd definitely a character with asian roots/of asian ethnicity, but is nonetheless played by a (mostly masked) white guy. Trained in "the way of the Ninja" but later adopts guerrilla warfare style military tactics and incorporates it into his style of running the foot, like Bane did with the League of Shadows; an organization rooted in traditional martial arts and ninja tactics converted into a militant, guerrilla warfare type organization.

it could provide a great contrast to the traditional style the turtles use, just like Bane's style contrasted with Ra's Al Ghul's and Batman's.

Last edited:
IF they do that, that would be okay with me. IF...IFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Given how much this director is going on about "The Raid" choreo...
I'm sure there will be martial arts from both sides.

It wasn't. It was a made up story by a website that does joke news articles and some people posted it around believing it.

Yeah, the only good news were actually fake news. How sad is that?

This. Also, they may have him be like TDKR Bane who, like Shredder in this new movie, was quite different from their comic counterpart.

Like Bane in TDKR, he'd definitely a character with asian roots/of asian ethnicity, but is nonetheless played by a (mostly masked) white guy. Trained in "the way of the Ninja" but later adopts guerrilla warfare style military tactics and incorporates it into his style of running the foot, like Bane did with the League of Shadows; an organization rooted in traditional martial arts and ninja tactics converted into a militant, guerrilla warfare type organization.

it could provide a great contrast to the traditional style the turtles use, just like Bane's style contrasted with Ra's Al Ghul's and Batman's.

That'd be an interesting route to go down but I somehow doubt it. I cerainly don't think Fitchner is going to spend the majority of the movie masked (nor should he). Bare in mind he's also likely to have some connection to Krang that's an awful lot to cram into a characters backstory.

Fitchner's latest comments could be intepreted in a number of ways but I can't help but think the "change" he talks about is a vague reference to his transformation into his true form from that much talked about script. I'm still laying odds that's the route they are going.

Given how much this director is going on about "The Raid" choreo...
I'm sure there will be martial arts from both sides.

I don't think Jonathan Leibesman has ever said that himself but rather Kevin Eastman.

Now I like the guy but he has a habit dating back years of putting a 'spin' on things to explain things in a way he knows they want to hear.

I love how Eastman promised this movie was going to be the Turtles movie the fans all wanted yet more fans are up in arms about it than singing high praises for it.

I mean I respect the new IDW Comics run but he sold his soul to Bay and Liebsman on this movie.

“Turtles is coming together very, very cool,” Fichtner said. “There is a whole interesting dynamic that happens in the world of Turtles and all I can really say about it at this point while working on it is that the Turtle film, it’s not like anything that I remember about the Turtles before. I feel like this Michael Bay-produced movie is just gonna really be something else. I’m pretty excited.”

WOW They even admit it themselves.

One very different thing? The Shredder will not be Japanese (obviously)–and will be named onscreen. Because of that, his traditional name will not be used, presumably since it would seem out of place on the actor.

So instead of changing the actor's ethnicity, the geniuses behind this crap thought let's change the actual character's roots. :doh:

“I actually play a guy named Eric Sachs [Sounds like Sachs? Hard to understand] in the movie. And then he goes through a few stages in his existence,” Fichtner said.
Presuming the quote is right, that sounds an awful lot like a whitewashed/Americanized version of “Oroku Saki,” the character’s original name. Let the fan rage begin…

This has got to be the most butchered childhood franchise Hollywood has ever done. :barf:. Jesus where to start? Bay is not getting my money this time like Bayformers 1 and 2.

I think Shredder should be called Goldman Sachs.

He walks around in a business suits and defeats the alien turtles using a ponzi scheme.

They call him shredder because he shreds documents.

I think Shredder should be called Goldman Sachs.

He walks around in a business suits and defeats the alien turtles using a ponzi scheme.

They call him shredder because he shreds documents.

HAHAHAHAHA!

that actually sounds better than what we are getting in the final product

HAHAHAHAHA!

that actually sounds better than what we are getting in the final product

And you know what we're getting in the final product? You seen the movie?

Stop acting like an ass for no reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"