You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thread

the masks of the Foot remind me of the Immortals from 300 lol

I just want a regular, highly trained, Oroku Saki. No enhancements. Neither cybernetic, nor Ooze related. Just a simple, badass, ass kicker like in the first Movie.

Not that it matters(cause I'm just one person with my own tastes and it's not like I'm paying for this movie, nor is my childhood enjoyment the reason for it's success), but I want, the best possible direction. What that is, who knows.

If someone wanted the new Wolverine movie to be about "a simple badass ass kicker" that want's the hero dead, people would objectively say? um wouldn't it be cooler if Logan fought someone with some sort of enhancement?
It's a simple question of, is what came before the best choice, more over there's that little issue of it's been done.
Producers need to make good forward thinking level headed decisions here, that doesn't mean they should simply chase the money and go with current trends but it also doesn't mean they should consult the fan boy check list.

The best choice.

If you change someone iconic like Oroku Saki, why even bother to stay faithful with the Turtles? Why not just go ahead and change it all? Oh, wait. They were going to, until the outrage over the script forced them to do a rewrite. Although, how much actually changed, remains to be seen.

If you change someone iconic like Oroku Saki, why even bother to stay faithful with the Turtles? Why not just go ahead and change it all? Oh, wait. They were going to, until the outrage over the script forced them to do a rewrite. Although, how much actually changed, remains to be seen.

So you think there was a re write?

(and Oroku Saki has been changed in the past, iconic or no)

I hope for their sake. But who knows, trash like Transformers 2 and 3 made tons of money.

And he was always Oroku Saki. Even with the twist that revealed him to be an Utrom at the end of the season of the 2003. He started out as Oroku Saki. Japanese and the Leader of the Foot Clan. And up until the twist, the best interpretation of Shredder to date. Although that could have changed, haven't read all of the IDW comics.

I hope for their sake. But who knows, trash like Transformers 2 and 3 made tons of money.
I only ask cause in one breath, you will say something like the production thought the script so poor and fan outrage so strong that they had to change things.
Yet in another breath, you may say things like "they didn't change ****, it's still crap and the col. is still there...etc"

Just curious what you actually think happened.

And he was always Oroku Saki. Even with the twist that revealed him to be an Utrom at the end of the season of the 2003. He started out as Oroku Saki. Japanese and the Leader of the Foot Clan. And up until the twist, the best interpretation of Shredder to date. Although that could have changed, haven't read all of the IDW comics.

hmm, Originally you said,
I just want a regular, highly trained, Oroku Saki. No enhancements. Neither cybernetic, nor Ooze related. Just a simple, badass, ass kicker like in the first Movie.
Which is it?

Ask a dozen 13 year olds about the TF movies and I'm curious how many of them will use the word "Trash".
I'm curious what the young adults of the 80's thought about the original transformers series. I know what the kids thought.

hmm, Originally you said,

Which is it?

I prefer him to be human. But I can live with other changes as long as he is still Oroku Saki, the Shredder and the leader of the Foot, which are Ninjas. There might have been origin changes to the characters in the past, but the core aspects of the character always remained. Just like there are at least 3 different origins to Splinter, but in the end he's still a rat that knows Ninjitsu and teaches 4 Turtles.

Sigh... so simple, yet so many levels of badass.

CgJGrgN.jpg

I hope that this is a one time deal and that it's not going to influence any other incarnations of Shredder.

h0njhmn.jpg

I can't get over the fact they even gave him blades on his cape. They took the name Shredder way too literally.

I can't get over the fact they even gave him blades on his cape. They took the name Shredder way too literally.

Shhhh watch out I said the same thing in another thread and things got ugly.

I like the cape...makes it more dangerous. It's not like Shredder is going to grab the cape with his bare hands....he's not stupid

I'm already looking forward to the inevitable reboot in the next 10 or 20 years. When we go from this...

AEvW3qE.gif
KGsCxY6.gif

back to this.

63V5YT5.jpg

I'm already looking forward to the inevitable reboot in the next 10 or 20 years. When we go...

back to this.

You mean back to this, seeing as it's actually happened and is live action.
ANtwK8q.jpg

Or rather this, seeing as it was more recent.
Shreddernm.png

NinjaTurtlesTheNextMutation_Volume1_Stills_1.jpg
works both ways:whatever:

Weren't the original comics done as a satire on the edgy comics trend of the 80's?

Perhaps the same is true for Shredder's costume here. Intentionally OTT on the part of the designers.

I'm pretty sure the rewrite in question is in reference to to Blue Door script. Eric Sachs doesn't appear in that, so he's obviously been changed since then.

Found this nice piece I thought I should share.

o4fo3o2.jpg

I just finished reading IDW's History of the Foot Clan. Did anyone else read it? I'll keep it in spoilers for those that haven't. We all know that the IDW comics are one of the best things that happened to the TMNT Franchise, and that 4 issue comic didn't change that.

I loved finding out how Shredder came to be in present time New York. I really enjoyed the discovery that he was once the warrior Takeshi Tatsuo, before he was slain and reborn as Oroku Saki, son to the man that killed him, Oroku Maji.

I love how the books manage to carefully balance the use of science and mysticism. Using science as a means to prolong Tatsuo's/Saki's life, but we still deal with actual reincarnation, and until otherwise proven, actual magic shape shifters.

And this Shredder seems to be basically what TMNT 2k3's Shredder would have been, had they actually made him an immortal, instead of the Utrom Ch'rell. IDW's Shredder is the real deal. No imposter alien. Not a man reincarnated as a white guy, going by the name Eric Sachs. He is the one and true Shredder. Made immortal, his soul bound to his body, he broke free of the cycle of reincarnation, and until otherwise proven, he is eternal.

There is just so much fantastic stuff. The more I read, the less I feel like this Movie will hold a candle to what IDW is doing.

That's the way it goes with all comicbook/game to movie adaptations. Even the literal ones like Watchmen.

It even works that way with novel to film adaptations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"