First Avenger Wings or no Wings on Cap?

I'd like to see the wings, myself. If they're sticking with the helmet look we've seen this far, They should definately go for the Hitch 'Cap Reborn' stenciled on look. For the more traditional style, I would have them be smaller and sleeker, metallic (matching his shield) and pressed on the sides of his head. (almost reminiscent of the way McNiven draws Cap, but maybe have them just a little bit closer to his head.) I always liked the way caps wings looked in those early comics, but I agree they would look silly on film if they portruded straight out to the sides (so you get a full view of both wings while he looks straight on at you.) Gun or no gun... Old argument, easy compromise: WWII Cap: yes. Dethawed Cap: no gun. All in all, movie seems to be shaping up well, the wings aren't really a deal breaker. (But should Johnston decide to throw us a bone, and put 'em in, I wouldn't complain)

I would definitely like to see Wings. However, just like anything else they have to try different styles painted and ones that stick out to see what will work better on camera. Personally, I think painted would work better, but they should try everything to make sure they choose something that will not look hooky in the long run. I think that the wings on Captain America's head strongly related to the image people (especially fans) perceive as Captain America, and without it he loses a very important identifiable characteristic. So, hopefully they will have something.

Surfer

Even if theres no wings during WW2 I hope we will get them at the end of the movie.

Even if theres no wings during WW2 I hope we will get them at the end of the movie.

didn't you hear? At the end of the film in modern day, Cap dawns the wings and flys off into the sunset.

I read somewhere that Namor will not have wings in the movie, so maybe he donates them to Cap and then Cap will have his wings.

I read somewhere that Namor will not have wings in the movie, so maybe he donates them to Cap and then Cap will have his wings.
Joe Johnston hates those wings. He's the one that said no wings on Namor.

Joe Johnston hates those wings. He's the one that said no wings on Namor.
What does Joe Johnston have to do with the Namor movie?
His he also going to direct it?

But, i agree.
The wings look great on the comics, but they don´t make much sense (if any) if we think about it.

As for Cap....wings...please.

I think Namor & the Invaders are going to be in Cap. Read link.

http://www.nerdsociety.com/namor-captain-america-movie-shield-sdcc/
Well, the article states that Namor will indeed be in the movie (no word of the Invaders)......and i really hate it.
Namor should not be on the Captain America movie, as neither should the Invaders.
It´s true that Namor was the one responsible for Cap "return" to the world of the living (or the unfrozen), but, if you look at it, it´s basically irrelevant for him to do so, so, he should have no place in the movie.
As for the Invaders, i like the idea of their existance, but they shouldn´t be on the movie as well (nor Thor on the Nazi side, that´s just stupid).
If Marvel wants, make a movie about the Invaders, but don´t put them in a Captain America movie.
Cap movie should be a Saving Private Ryan / Flags of Our Fathers kind of movie but with a superhero in the mix, so, more superheroes in the mix is a big no in my book.

Well, so far, Namor and the Invaders, the subtitle: The First Avenger and ending the movie on modern days are the thing i really don´t like about the movie.
More things to come i´m sure :(

Marvel needs a way to introduce its other heros. So get use to these cameos. They are even thinking about doing 10 min film features of some of the other lesser known characters.

I´m all for cameos, but they need to make sense and not ruin the movie.
To introduce characters in the wrong moment and movie is not just stupid, is laziness to come up with better ideas.
Want a much better way to introduce Namor in movie, in the Fantastic Four.
That´s exactly how it happend in the comics, that´s how he was "reborn" in the comics during the Silver Age.
And he would not be only a cameo, but a important character, with the all love triangle with Susan Storm Richards and war on the surface.

Namor was in a Cap book in the 1940s.

Namor was in a Cap Comic book in the 1940s.

I think Namor & the Invaders are going to be in Cap. Read link.

http://www.nerdsociety.com/namor-captain-america-movie-shield-sdcc/

I'm still a bit skeptical as to whether or not Namor will be in the flick. I saw the interview where he was posed that question, and Johnston's reaction seemed to straddle confusion. Had he said," no, Namor will not have wings on his feet", then I'd be more convinced. To me, it seemed like he was caught off guard by the phrase 'wings on his feet/ankles', that he thought to just answer that none of the characters in his film have avian feet. I'd LOVE to be wrong about this. Heck, the kid in me wants to see all the Classic Invaders in the movie. Hopefully we can get more solid confirmation.

Does anyone know if nerdsociety is a trustworthy source for confirming information? I would like to see Namor in the movie for a cameo provided it's done correctly, but I just hope that they don't throw so much into the movie that it misses the point that this is a movie about Captain America. It also seems that nerdsociety is confirming that Captain America will not have wings on his helmet. Sure hope that part is not true.

Surfer

Yeah, that article is what started much of the wing debating besides of course the Captain America concept art. Some people believe that Joe was just caught off guard with the question regarding Namor, and that he could have meant that Namor has no wings because he is not in the movie. While others interpret it to mean that Namor will appear in the movie and have no wings. Also, the article at the top suggests that Joe has dewinged another superhero, and while concept art has been released without any sign of wings, we do have knowledge that Captain America will be wearing a few different costumes during the filming. In addition we do not know if the 2 concept art pieces released, show the same or different Captain America costumes. The poll on the hype here suggests that most people believe it is for 2 different costumes (WWII Cap and Modern Day Cap), but nothing has been confirmed. So, even the wings on Captain America's head is somewhat speculative at the moment.

Surfer

Of course wings!!

...we're talking about tampons, right?

ghostpoet, I think you mean pads, as far as I know tampons don't have wings :)

Surfer

I miss the wings. Hopefully, he'll get them at the end of the film or something.

I'll bet that the USO costume will have wings.

Well hopefully they will give us something.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"