Wizard Showdown Part II: Gandalf Vs Dumbledore

Who the **** cares about a hat when you have a staff as big as his?

Let the staff/wand innuendo commence!!!

Balrog > Effeminite noseless guy

And the Balrog isn't even LOTR's Big Bad.

Their worlds are not comparable. Gandalf could sneeze away Dumbledore's most potent magic.

people voting for Dumbledore forgetting Gandalf can come back to life? and that he has insane magic but he chooses not to use it throughout LOTR. His role is to be a "counsellor" or sorts, hes not supposed to go wipe out the badguys on his own, which he practically can

To be fair, when he came back, he didn't even have a generic wizard hat. This makes it a much less impressive feat.

First off, Dumbledore doesn't even have a good hat. It looks like something you'd wear to bed. Second, Gandolf came back from the dead. Dumbledore got owned by an effeminate potions teacher.

Besides... all those caps are easily recognizable as dunce-caps... so I'm thinking that the TRUE Wizards are the guys smart enough NOT to put them on...

Besides... all those caps are easily recognizable as dunce-caps... so I'm thinking that the TRUE Wizards are the guys smart enough NOT to put them on...

But then how do they create internet memes in sex chat rooms?

Please, Dumbledore's hat is clearly the wizard equivilant to a pimp hat.

First off, Dumbledore doesn't even have a good hat. It looks like something you'd wear to bed. Second, Gandolf came back from the dead. Dumbledore got owned by an effeminate potions teacher.

I mean, if Gandalf had rocked the fez, we wouldn't be arguing. The kufi cap is stylish, but it cannot compete with such fashionable attire as the beefeater or the brilliant fez. Sadly, the big G can only muster a generic pointy hat... and most of the time has no hat at all. Any hat is better than no hat, and just about any other hat beats a pointy hat. :(

We must agree to disagree here, as I feel that no hat easily beats any hat... I simply do not consider them stylish.

Of course I am sitting in Oklahoma where hat = cap and well... yeah, I'm surrounded by idiots...

Why are people getting so carried away with hats? How is a stylish hat supposed to give you more magical powers as a wizard?

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain

zona2_apm23.jpg

Seriously, Gandalf's hat is cliche and he only wore it as Gandalf the grey. Dumbledore's tassel cap was very pimp.

49490-main.jpg

hpephatadt.jpg

Seriously, Gandalf's hat is cliche and he only wore it as Gandalf the grey. Dumbledore's tassel cap was very pimp.

49490-main.jpg

hpephatadt.jpg

Dumbledore had style to spare. But what's that gonna do for him when there's an angry Gandalf starin him down, ready to unleash the fury?

49490-main.jpg

hpephatadt.jpg

Gandalf's hat is cliche because Gandalf MADE it the cliche, seeing as how he's one of the most iconic wizards.

Also, Gandalf's subtle magic implies he's more powerful than he let's on.

Gandalf's hat is cliche because Gandalf MADE it the cliche, seeing as how he's one of the most iconic wizards.

Also, Gandalf's subtle magic implies he's more powerful than he let's on.

Uh... no. The Wicked Witch of the West made that hat a cliche. Obviously this means Gandalf was into musical theater. This makes sense for reasons already mentioned. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"