Wizard Showdown Part II: Gandalf Vs Dumbledore

Dumbledore had style to spare. But what's that gonna do for him when there's an angry Gandalf starin him down, ready to unleash the fury?

Am I to assume that both are wearing their respective hats in this thought experiment?

Uh... no. The Wicked Witch of the West made that hat a cliche. Obviously this means Gandalf was into musical theater. This makes sense for reasons already mentioned. :o

He could have at least dressed better instead of wearing raggedy grey table cloths.

gandalf.jpg

Dumbledore.jpg

Dumbledore can also pull off the scary pimp look that would have Gandalf shaking in his boots.

dumbledorezo7.jpg

^ Physically, they look very much alike.

Gandlaf would win easily, though I am biased towards my namesake.

He is a millenia-old archangel-type spirit however, whereas Dumbledore is some old guy with a good memory for magic tricks :p

One word....

* Gandalf

Gandalf didn't do much magic because he didn't have much magic. He's a magically pitiful wizard from a magically pitiful world.

Simple really anything Pottor is like swimming in the kiddie pool, small time with parlor-show level magic. One uses a pansy wand, the other uses a fricking kick-ass staff and a sword, it is not even close. Dumbledorf would wet his pants if he faced a Balrog.

Gandalf is kicking Dumbledore's ass in the polls! WTG Gandalf!

Gandalf - The real deal for over half a century.
BumbleBore - a 2-Bit, poor man's rip-off, a dying fad.

Stephen f***in' Strange would just come in and own them both
dr_strange_the_oath_1.jpg

who is gandalf? dumbledore is the old guy from harry potter right?

Gandalf is kicking Dumbledore's ass in the polls! WTG Gandalf!

You do realize this is an internet poll over which fictional character would win in a fictional fight, correct? :cwink:

Gandalf was killed due to injuries sustained from an ancient demon from a battle that lasted two days and nights...killing the demon in the process.

He then proceeded to come back to life and kick everyone's ass.

Dumbledore was killed by a dude named Snape...and stayed dead.

Gandalf was killed due to injuries sustained from an ancient demon from a battle that lasted two days and nights...killing the demon in the process.

Excellent post. People need to state reasoning, not just step in and step in and say Dumbledore/Gandalf FTW!

You do realize this is an internet poll over which fictional character would win in a fictional fight, correct? :cwink:

Oh I didn't realize that. Thanks Matt. :up:

Yep.

balrog_high.jpg

snape18.jpg

hmmmmm....

:o

Let's not forget that Dumbledore had a heck of a time countering Voldemort's magic! I alway's imagined him to be able to take Voldemort easily.

Did you read the books? Dumbledore soundly handed Voldemort his ass. Dumbledore had no desire to come back and saw death as "the next great adventure". Dumbledore allowed himself to be killed. He wasn't "murdered by a guy named Snape." He planned his death out a year in advance. You guys are assuming waaay too much about Gandalf's power that he does not show. Maybe he didn't show it, because he doesn't have it. Just sayin'. Sometimes the easiest answer is the right one.

Oh bloody hell, now I've been dragged into it. :cmad:

Plus, the Balrog of Khazad-dûm sounds more badass than Snape of Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"