The Official Thread For: Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix

GothicPowerMix1

Superhero
Reaction score
February 2, 2006

Filming Begins for Harry Potter 5
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Principal photography will commence February 6 at Leavesden Studios on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth film adaptation of J.K. Rowling's beloved "Harry Potter" novel series.

Directed by award winning British filmmaker David Yates (The Girl in the Café, Sex Traffic, State of Play), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is produced by "Harry Potter" film series producer David Heyman and David Barron, from a screenplay by Michael Goldenberg (Where the Wild Things Are, Peter Pan, Contact).

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson reprise their roles as close-knit teen wizards Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. The production also welcomes back production designer Stuart Craig, costume designer Jany Temime, creature effects supervisor Nick Dudman, special effects supervisor John Richardson and visual effects supervisor Tim Burke. The director of photography is Slawomir Idziak (King Arthur, Black Hawk Down) and the editor is Mark Day (The Girl in the Café, State of Play).

Joining the stellar cast are Imelda Staunton (Nanny McPhee, Vera Drake) as Dolores Umbridge, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher; George Harris (The Interpreter, Black Hawk Down) as Kingsley Shacklebolt; Helen McCrory (Casanova, Enduring Love) as Bellatrix Lestrange; Natalia Tena (Mrs. Henderson Presents, About a Boy) as Nymphadora Tonks; Kathryn Hunter (All or Nothing, Orlando) as Mrs. Figg; and 14 year-old newcomer Evanna Lynch, who beat over 15,000 hopefuls at an open casting call to win the role of Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw student who becomes an important ally of Harry, Ron and Hermione's.

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community is in denial about the teenager's recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort, preferring to turn a blind eye to the news that Voldemort has returned. Fearing that Hogwarts' venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort's return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves "Dumbledore's Army," Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in 2007.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13018

Should be the best movie yet, but who knows. It's hard to cram the most recent books into a movie without making it painfully long, thus certainly cutting out stuff that was highly entertaining in the books.

This movie is going to be expensive. All the heavy hitters are in this one!

Sirius Black - Incredible Actor
Remus John Lupin - Incredible Actor
Tom Marvolo Riddle - Incredible Actor
Severus Snape - Incredible Actor

gazi said:

Weren't they in the last one,too?

I hope they get into how tortured Harry is in detention, when his hand is cut open each night by that quill, really makes you hate that wench of a teacher.

I can't wait to see this! The battle at the end is going to rock! Sad ending though. No more Sirius.:(

Morgoth said:
I hope they get into how tortured Harry is in detention, when his hand is cut open each night by that quill, really makes you hate that wench of a teacher.

I can't wait to see this! The battle at the end is going to rock! Sad ending though. No more Sirius.:(
Yeah, that was horrible:o This was by far the darkest book out of the 6, I'm hoping the film will also capture that aspect.

Tonks:
gonetoearth.jpg

Kingsley Shacklebolt:
5_1052_3m6dT72L8K-250x.jpg

Bellatrix Lestrange:
250charles_ii_mccrory.jpg

Luna Lovegood? :
luna-evanna-1.jpg

Dolores Umbridge:
mrssucksby.jpg

gazi said:

Umm... Do you not know their names? And... his name is Voldemort now. :rolleyes:

When I was reading this one I kept on thinking . . . how the heck are they going to show this stuff to kids.

May Dumbledore's Army Reign!

titolo.jpg

Haven't read this one as of yet. Are there any spectacle pieces similar to the dragon in the last one and the basilisk, or is it pretty dialogue driven?

terry78 said:
Haven't read this one as of yet. Are there any spectacle pieces similar to the dragon in the last one and the basilisk, or is it pretty dialogue driven?
The last part of the book is all action. The escape from Hogwarts... the DA versus the Death Eaters...Dumbledore vs. Voldemort...

It's much better than GoF.

he probably would want you to answer without horribly spoiling things:o

Quite surprised with some of the casting for the movie, especially Bellatrix. Although I am looking forward to the movie (as I am with every Harry Potter movie), OOTP is one of my least favourite books, probably the least. So I am not as excited for it.

HQ pic of Luna Lovegood actress (Evanna Lynch):

lunalovegood_lynch.jpg

Amelia Bones (Sian Thomas):

thomas.jpg

Young Lily Evans (Susie Shinner):

susieshinner.jpg

Dawlish (Richard Leaf) :

richard_leaf.jpg

Grawp? (Tony Maudsley):

maudley_2.jpg

Mrs. Figg (Kathryn Hunter):

Kathryn_Hunter.jpg

Young James Potter (Robbie Jarvis):

robbie-jarvis.jpg

Better picture of Tonks (Natalia Tena):

tonks.jpg

Who do you think will be playing the Younger version of Snape? :)

maudley_2.jpg
[/quote]

I think Grawp would be better if he was CGI. IMO anyway I think all the other casting is good.

Imelda Staunton looks almost exactly like I imagined Umbridge when reading OoTP. Natalia Tena and Evanna Lynch are pretty close, too. And I'm looking forward to the scene with Snape's Pensieve. :up:

Yeah, me too, hey? I hope the scene at the Ministry of Magic near the end will be like half of the motion picture lol. I want a 3 1/5 hour HArry Pottter dammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"