The Official Thread For: Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix

There is no such thing as luck, only the illusion of such.

you are not a badass "sometimes" you are badass all the time or you are not a badass.

On top of news about the upcoming Order of the Phoenix DVD, DVD Times also has our first look at the "Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset." The completely collection of Potter movies on DVD will be released on December 11th - the same day as the OOTP DVD.

By looking at this picture released by DVD Times, it looks like there will be several bonus items included in the set:

- "Harry Potter Bonus DVD"
- "Harry Potter Interactive DVD Game - Hogwarts Challenge"
- "Bookmark Collection"
- Trading Cards

Also set for release the same day is the Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset which includes Harry Potters Years 1-5, a Harry Potter DVD game Hogwarts Challenge, along with a bonus disc containing over 2 hours of enhanced content, an exclusive "Harry Potter's Bookmark Collection", and collectible trading cards. Retail is $119.97 SRP.

http://media.mugglenet.com/i//dvdboxset.jpg
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65845

I love how each year a potter film comes out they release a huge box set and actually expect people to buy it. Back in '05 they released years 1-4, now they're releasing 1-5 on DVD. What kind of fool would buy that each year. Me, I just buy the barebones editions and will wait until Deathly Hallows is out in DVD in a few years then I'll get the huge uber-special collector's 20 disc edition. No way I'd buy a new set every time a new movie comes out. Anyone who does is pretty much a fool.

On top of news about the upcoming Order of the Phoenix DVD, DVD Times also has our first look at the "Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset." The completely collection of Potter movies on DVD will be released on December 11th - the same day as the OOTP DVD.

By looking at this picture released by DVD Times, it looks like there will be several bonus items included in the set:

- "Harry Potter Bonus DVD"
- "Harry Potter Interactive DVD Game - Hogwarts Challenge"
- "Bookmark Collection"
- Trading Cards

Also set for release the same day is the Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset which includes Harry Potters Years 1-5, a Harry Potter DVD game Hogwarts Challenge, along with a bonus disc containing over 2 hours of enhanced content, an exclusive "Harry Potter's Bookmark Collection", and collectible trading cards. Retail is $119.97 SRP.

http://media.mugglenet.com/i//dvdboxset.jpg
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65845

I love how each year a potter film comes out they release a huge box set and actually expect people to buy it. Back in '05 they released years 1-4, now they're releasing 1-5 on DVD. What kind of fool would buy that each year. Me, I just buy the barebones editions and will wait until Deathly Hallows is out in DVD in a few years then I'll get the huge uber-special collector's 20 disc edition. No way I'd buy a new set every time a new movie comes out. Anyone who does is pretty much a fool.
I'm waiting on the HD versions.

Revised Artwork for the single disc.

It's not revised artwork -- did you guys expect the art from the 2-disc edition to be used for the single-disc? It's not, when Warners initially announced it they didn't post up the single-disc artwork yet because they hadn't finalized it yet. :whatever:

And yeah, the single-disc artwork rocks. Shame neither releases have the theatrical trailer... unless Warners included it and neglected to put it on the press release.

The single disc artwork looks better, but Dan's big blue eyes just ruin the moment.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3233&Itemid=99

Harry Potter Films Become the Biggest Film Franchise Ever!
Monday, 10 September 2007
With the success of “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” Warner Bros. Pictures’ Harry Potter films have now become, worldwide, the top-grossing motion picture franchise in history.

The announcement was made today by Barry Meyer, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer and Alan Horn, President & Chief Operating Officer, Warner Bros.
The combined worldwide box office gross for the five Harry Potter films to date is in excess of $4.47 billion, surpassing the box office totals of all 22 James Bond films and the six “Star Wars” movies.

This impressive record comes even as “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” is still going strong in theatres around the globe, and with two more highly anticipated Harry Potter films—“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”—still in the offing.

In addition to holding the franchise box office record, all five of the Harry Potter films have the distinction of being among the 20 top-grossing box office hits of all time.

In making the announcement, Alan Horn said, “It would be an understatement to say we are proud of the success of the Harry Potter films. We also want to congratulate all of the extraordinary actors, filmmakers and artists who have shared this remarkable cinematic journey with us.”

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution, said, “It is a thrill to see the Harry Potter franchise reach this unparalleled mark, and, with two movies yet to come, it is amazing to think what heights the franchise could reach by the end of the decade.

Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, Warner Bros. Pictures President of International Distribution, added, “This worldwide box office record once again proves that the appeal of the Harry Potter movies knows no border, no age limit, and no language barrier. Each of the five films has captured the hearts and sparked the imagination of audiences everywhere.”

The next Harry Potter film, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” will open on November 21, 2008. The seventh and final film, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” is planned for a 2010 release.

:wow:

One word comes to mind... INFLATION. :cwink:

What I really want to see is what it all comes down to when they are all put on the same and equal level. No 70 cents tickets equals a 6 - 8 dollar ticket mind game.

Inflation isn't really an accurate assesment anyway, if ticket prices were just as much then as they are now, alot of people would've stayed home; not to mention that the market was far less competetive back then.

Inflation isn't really an accurate assesment anyway, if ticket prices were just as much then as they are now, alot of people would've stayed home; not to mention that the market was far less competetive back then.

Excuses, excuses... :whatever:

Fine I'll allow you to believe whatever you want, fact is I know the truth- that INFLATION does matter and does show where these franchises ACTUALLY stand. I have statistics you just have hypotheticals. Oh and btw, there's a government program that was named 'Star Wars' after the SW franchise let's see Potter get something along similar lines as well- shall we? LMAOL.

Excuses, excuses... :whatever:

Fine I'll allow you to believe whatever you want, fact is I know the truth- that INFLATION does matter and does show where these franchises ACTUALLY stand. I have statistics you just have hypotheticals. Oh and btw, there's a government program that was named 'Star Wars' after the SW franchise let's see Potter get something along similar lines as well- shall we? LMAOL.

No it doesn't, except for people that use inflation as an excuse.;)

The fact of the matter is it's false to assume just as many people would've went to movies years or decades ago if prices are as expensive as they are now, and that films back then would've gotten just as many viewers if there were as many films competing for them then as there are now. We're talking about a far less competetive market with far cheaper prices, of course there were more tickets sold.

Inflation may be fun for fanboys and cinema buffs to discuss, but that's about it, it doesn't give an accurate assessment of where they stand.

Oh and btw, I'm aware of how obscenely overrated SW is, and there are films that have made barely any money that are better than both of them..:)

Voldemort>Vader? Maybe in the books...but movie wise, voldemort has a total of 10 minutes of screen time...all weakly portrayed until OOTP...which wasnt too strong...

Comparing Voldy to Vader is ******ed. wait til the series is complete for that argument...

i do however agree by the end of Deahtly Hollows, Voldy will rival, if not be better then Vader... but as of now....Vader owns his ass.

Half Blood Prince and DH has alot more Voldy tho :)

eh and star wars IS overrated...but still great...your overrating HP and Voldy though. thats coming from a huge HP fan.

Actually, imo, Potter is OVERLY OVERRATED. It's just the same exact story again over and over again. I see them once and only once, because frankly that's enough. So 'over rated' is all a matter of opinion. You hate SW, well frankly Potter sucks. So to each his own. Hey, you're speaking your mind about SW don't get about my doing the same for Potter. :up:

And blatantly ignoring inflation doesn't give you a clear idea of where they stand either because then you are using hypotheticals. "Well, sir he may have been the killer if he did this and that, but he didn't so he did this and that- but on the other hand if you look at this and this" 'NEXT.' :up:

We may never know where these actually stand but looking at inflation presents a bigger picture than blatantly ignoring inflation all together. Inflation is stats. Blatantly ignoring it is hypotheticals. And stats is the CONCRETE evidence. At least both ways of looking at it are balanced leading to the result that we may never TRULY know- but that's all it could ever come out to.

Voldemort>Vader? Maybe in the books...but movie wise, voldemort has a total of 10 minutes of screen time...all weakly portrayed until OOTP...which wasnt too strong...

Comparing Voldy to Vader is ******ed. wait til the series is complete for that argument...

It was just a bit of sarcasm.;)

I'd disagree about his OOTP screen time being poorly portrayed though, I think his duel with Dumbledore and especially his mind games with Harry were extremely powerful; and I've never been much of a SW fan anyway.

Actually, imo, Potter is OVERLY OVERRATED. It's just the same exact story again over and over again. I see them once and only once, because frankly that's enough. So 'over rated' is all a matter of opinion. You hate SW, well frankly Potter sucks. So to each his own. Hey, you're speaking your mind about SW don't get about my doing the same for Potter. :up:

And blatantly ignoring inflation doesn't give you a clear idea of where they stand either because then you are using hypotheticals. "Well, sir he may have been the killer if he did this and that, but he didn't so he did this and that- but on the other hand if you look at this and this" 'NEXT.' :up:

We may never know where these actually stand but looking at inflation presents a bigger picture than blatantly ignoring inflation all together. Inflation is stats. Blatantly ignoring it is hypotheticals. At least both ways of looking at it are balanced leading to the result that we may never TRULY know- but that's all it could ever come out to.

You can go by inflation if you want, but the factors I pointed out negate it as an accurate assesment of how much a film would've made on an even playing field. Inflation is not an even playing field at all.

Each to his own, (I haven't read the Potter books yet btw), but I think the Potter films do a great job of getting darker and better as they go along, and they're a great coming of age story that draw me in more emotionally each time.

I never cared for SW. I wasn't invested in the characters, I think the action is weak and remarkably redundant, and most of the acting is horribly wooden.

I think OOTP has one of the best ensamble casts ever, the performances are infinitely superior to SW. The only place I'd say SW rivals it is with the music.

It was just a bit of sarcasm.;)

I'd disagree about his OOTP screen time being poorly portrayed though, I think his duel with Dumbledore and especially his mind games with Harry were extremely powerful; and I've never been much of a SW fan anyway.

yea yea i know, im just arguing out of boredom.

his OOTP screen time was good, but shoulda been more. im just sick of him only being on screen for a couple of minutes.

We may never know where these actually stand but looking at inflation presents a bigger picture than blatantly ignoring inflation all together. Inflation is stats. Blatantly ignoring it is hypotheticals. And stats is the CONCRETE evidence. At least both ways of looking at it are balanced leading to the result that we may never TRULY know- but that's all it could ever come out to.

well it makes it more difficult when one franchise is 6 and one in 7, and the order they go on, SW 4-6, then 1-3, where as HP is 1-7 straight.

however, inflation or no, HP6 has potential for a billion, and HP7, IMO, is a shoe in for a billion...maybe even taking 2nd place, above ROTK.

As said to each his own, the ONLY great cast member they killed off! Gary Oldman. Who, imo, is the best actor out there today and I consider a sin he hasn't won an academy award yet. Other than that one aspect, I find HP to be the same story over and over again, sometimes boring and tedious to watch. But- to each his own.

And as said before blatantly disregarding is just as bad, imo worse, than looking at the stats as they are presented with in inflation. So the only thing that I think you will agree on is that we will never know the TRUE standing due to various obstacles in the way.

Gary Oldman is probably the single most talented (he's one of the greatest actors that's ever lived), but I think Feinnes, Rickman, Carter, Isaac, Gleeson...are all fantastic, and it has a host of terrific young actors.

You can look at inflation if you want, it can make for good discussion, I'm just saying looking at the numbers and saying "well this made more with inflation" doesn't really make it a bigger hit, there are alot of other factors that have to be considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"