Wolverine Origins Clarifications?

Don't you guys know? Wolverine's healing factor applies to his clothes. You can see another example of this in X2, after his wifebeater heals when he got spiked by that one mutant in the gut.

:p

1. Yeah that's a a mistake. Also, his metal skull should have a hole in it in the X-Movies if the bullet went through the metal. And Lady Deathstrike would have made quite the tearing apart of his skeleton, ssince she has Adamantium claws.

2. I find it hard to believe you would recognize the voice of a man you heard for 3 seconds, 15 years later. Come on.
As for the professor, it's not like he has this database of every single person he's ever seen. He needs Cerebro to enhance his powers. So maybe he only wanted Scott, and had no idea about Wolverine at the time.

3. Sabertooth seems to know him in X1. That's why he keeps the dogtags. He's just become dumb, but he still knows Wolverine.

4. I think Logan is his surname?

5. Oh come on. That's nitpicking.

Stryker has been rounding up and experimenting on mutants for at least two years. When they escape, Prof X is there to meet them but why doesn't he do something to help sooner?

How does Scott know which way to go?

Stryker has been rounding up and experimenting on mutants for at least two years. When they escape, Prof X is there to meet them but why doesn't he do something to help sooner?

I'm assuming Professor X was just starting his school. He probably wanted Scott as his first student, that's why he decided to help them.

Professor X guided him, the same way he guided Logan in X1 inside the mansion.

My question is:

Why wasn't there any more Gambit in it??!!! Damn it!! :p

Professor X telepathically guided Scott. How do people keep missing this? You can hear Patrick Stewart whisper "left" right before Scott says it.

It was more, your reaction, to Celestials reaction, all combined. :D

1. Yeah that's a a mistake. Also, his metal skull should have a hole in it in the X-Movies if the bullet went through the metal. And Lady Deathstrike would have made quite the tearing apart of his skeleton, ssince she has Adamantium claws.

But Deathstrike never hitted with the force of a speeding bullet...

Bone claws as a matter of his mutation makes much more sense, IMO. Otherwise, Weapon X wouldn't just need to implant artificial claws, but the necessary extra muscles, nervous system parts and such to make them work. And they would need to do this all w/o Logan's super healing ability rejecting those changes. Plus I enjoyed the Origin comic, it's much, much, much better than what we get in the movie.

You do realize that Wolverine's healing factor is constantly trying to reject the adamantium that is laced within his skeleton. In fact, the only reason why Wolverine was chosen for and able to survive the whole adamantium process was because of his healing factor.

The healing factor is the only thing saving Wolverine from adamantium poisoning.

Honestly, I was never keen on the idea of the claws being a mutation or bone.

I mean think about it. Remember when the High Evolutionary made all mutants HUMAN in the late 90's? Wolverine still had the adamantium claws and all. But his healing factor and enhanced senses are gone. Once again, High Evolutionary made everyone human, but Wolverine still had his claws.

That story sounds terrible. I'll keep the Origin story that made it to print, thanks.

I prefer a story where Wolverine is turned into a weapon later on in his life instead of being born a weapon. Like the upcoming movie, Wolverine was living a peaceful normal life before his accident and the Weapon X program.

Well Zack Snyder was slated to direct initially and he wanted an R rating to tell the Wolverine story properly but Fox (Donner too) didn't like the idea and Jackman also didn't like the idea either so Snyder just decided to proceed with Watchmen instead.

And we all saw how well that turned out at the box office.:yay:

In the comics Logan can totally swim. He's killed sharks and fought sea-mutants and the whole mess. So comic-book wise, at least, he's a swimmer, even with the extra weight.

This is very true. I should also point out that with his adamantium skeleton, Wolverine's weighs (according to the Marvel Handbook) around a 195 pounds. And the last time I checked, a 195 pound person can definitely swim.

The healing factor is the only thing saving Wolverine from adamantium poisoning.

Honestly, I was never keen on the idea of the claws being a mutation or bone.

I mean think about it. Remember when the High Evolutionary made all mutants HUMAN in the late 90's? Wolverine still had the adamantium claws and all. But his healing factor and enhanced senses are gone. Once again, High Evolutionary made everyone human, but Wolverine still had his claws.

Yeah, I remember that story. There were also stories that showed Wolverine before the Weapon X program where he did not have bone claws.

And we all saw how well that turned out at the box office.:yay:

So you judge a film's quality by how much it makes in the box office? This film will definitely do better than Watchmen, but so did Spider-Man 3, X3, MiB 2, Batman Forever, FF, 1 and 2, Ghost Rider, and Batman and Robin. Get the picture?

So you judge a film's quality by how much it makes in the box office? This film will definitely do better than Watchmen, but so did Spider-Man 3, X3, MiB 2, Batman Forever, FF, 1 and 2, Ghost Rider, and Batman and Robin. Get the picture?

I think he was speaking from the point of view of a studio, not his own.

True, but at least Warner Bros. let Zack make a 3 hour film and kept Dr. Manhattan's penis in. Could you see Fox allowing that?

5. Oh come on. That's nitpicking.

As I said, I don't mean to make a big fuss over minor things. I don't mean to nitpick. But, it's still one of those things I wonder about! I mean, is there an actually valid explanation out there or is it just something you shouldn't think about too hard? :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"