Wonder Girl should join Teen Titans!!

He meant that the characters were written to not have names, which is why they only go by their codenames, except for Raven. The fact that Cyborg used the name "Stone" doesn't mean anything, because it was just a play on his actual name from the comics. The. COMICS. The writers could make Cyborg's real name Bobby Richards if they wanted to.

True, but Slack's fanboyism wants the Titans' true names to be hinted at, so Cy will always be (Victor) Stone, Raven as well...Raven, Starfire as Princess Koriander of Tamaran, Robin as Dick Grayson, and BB as the not-yet-mentioned Garfield Mark Logan...

Raven#1 said:
Terra no...she's had her chance and blew it. As for Kid Flash, he will appear in the eppy Lightspeed, but he only joined because he, like Dick, was manipulated by Raven...

Raven#1 it's safe to say that most of us are sick of hearing you state your opinions as facts, I for one am pretty close to that point. Terra is a team member of the Titans weather you like it or not. I don't give a *beep* how much you hate her but don't go around telling others facts based on your opinion. Robin made her an honorary Teen Titan, they even ingraved it on her freaken statue that she was! Reading:

TERRA
A TEEN TITAN
A TRUE FRIEND

If you come up with an excuse just to explain other wise.. your just pathetic.

Actually, if you look at titanstower.com Marv Wolfman and George Perez themselves state openly that Terra WAS NOT A TITAN...

Raven#1 said:
Actually, if you look at titanstower.com Marv Wolfman and George Perez themselves state openly that Terra WAS NOT A TITAN...

F**k Titanstower.com. Terra is honored by the Teen Titans by not only having a statute of her in the Hall of the Fallen. But also she is in a portrait of the original Teen Titans with Robin/Nightwing, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, Aqualad, Starfire, Cyborg, Changeling, Raven, and Jericho

SHE IS A TITAN

Hall of the Fallen, as in, people who've died? And George and Marv made the comics and they said she is NOT a Titan...

And which Terra were they talking about, exactly? TV or comic?

Well, they were meaning comic-wise, considering theirs was more...messed up in the head. However, TV Terra, though misunderstood, didn't stray far from her comic backstory (betraying the Titans and teaming with Slade; thought to be turned back to good, only to be 'stone dead'--until she is revived that is...).

First off, Wolfman and Perez werent the first or the last to write the Titans. They were just the most popular. If another writer says something, its canon. And if Slack is such a ****ing fanboy, the stories would be alot more decent instead of a bunch of filler episodes that never happened in the comics. If this team is sooooo full of fanboys, Titans would have had an origin or at the very least REAL NAMES. Plus it lacks an incredible amount of logic that 5 people living together dont know each others real names. Hell where do they even get the money to live in a giant T building? Fanboy my ass.

One, they can't just openly state the Titans' real name, because though everyone knows them (Robin/Dick, Raven, Star/Kori, Cy/Vic, BB/Gar, etc.), there are people who disagree like Rowen for instance, who thinks Robin is Tim.

Hints are given at their real names (ex: for Robin: Fractured, How Long is Forever, Haunted), but they will probably never be truly given (I might be wrong), because the creators want people to know them as heroes and not the people behind said heroes.

As for the money, comic wise, it is said that Cy's father before he died, gave Cy the money to purchase/build a house and Cy had the Tower constructed. Either that or Bruce funds the whole thing, BB spent his hidden fortune on it, or the citizens of Jump gave to the Titans free of charge. However, it happened is irrelevant, especially considering all the inconsietancies with this show.

But, we know full well that Slack does follow the comics somewhat (ex: Season 4, Terror of Trigon; Season 2: Judas Contract), but just not fully, because he wants the show to be all his own...

Raven#1 said:
One, they can't just openly state the Titans' real name, because though everyone knows them (Robin/Dick, Raven, Star/Kori, Cy/Vic, BB/Gar, etc.), there are people who disagree like Rowen for instance, who thinks Robin is Tim.

That's bull$h!t. Slack or anyone else wouldn't give a **** if a fan thought that Robin was Tim. They've stated so themselves that they know people care, but they don't. If they wanted to say Robin was Dick, then they would've had him say so.

Raven#1 said:
As for the money, comic wise, it is said that Cy's father before he died, gave Cy the money to purchase/build a house and Cy had the Tower constructed. Either that or Bruce funds the whole thing, BB spent his hidden fortune on it, or the citizens of Jump gave to the Titans free of charge. However, it happened is irrelevant, especially considering all the inconsietancies with this show.

If Slack was such a fanboy, then he would've stated so, genius.

Raven#1 said:
But, we know full well that Slack does follow the comics somewhat (ex: Season 4, Terror of Trigon; Season 2: Judas Contract), but just not fully, because he wants the show to be all his own...

What happened to him being a fanboy? :rolleyes

You can be a fanboy and still try to make something your own you know...

Thats bull**** and you know it. Can't state they're names? Thats the dumbest **** I've ever heard. What better way to care for a hero then to know they're life inside and out of costume? Why do you think Spider-man was such a revolution to the comic industry?

I heard you. But, that's why I think team Slack is a bunch of newbies. They, obviously don't know this, and want to keep secret identities, well, secret.

What do you mean "they don't know this"? Puh-leeze. You're just trying to find a reason to justify your opinion. If you think that they're "newbies", just say so and leave it at that. Or better yet, just keep it to yourself 'cause the majority of the people here are gonna pretty much go on you for saying stuff like that.

Fine. I'm just gonna shut up...There's only a few people who actually have good conversations with me without harping on my ass...

Well, if you'd stop harping on Terra's ass (and learn to seperate continuities like Comics vs TV vs Earth-2) then we could be reall good friends :)

Wondergilr is yet ANOTHER flying superstrong character... not only does she overlap with Starfire in powers AND personality, but she brings nothing new to the team... in the comics in the 70s, sure she was great, thing were different, but in a show centered around five kids with distinct powers and personalities, Wondergirl just doesn't fit... sorry...

And Marv Woflman's outdated... Terra is a Teen Titan... and she's coming back... albeit in an 'interesting way' (meaning she's probably not "REALLY" coming back and definitely not staying on the team)... but I'll get to see that black tee in action again and boy... is that gonna be cool...

alright, time for corvus peacmaker to say her peace.

jaydawg, just because raven#1 doesn't put "well, this is what i think but i could be wrong" on every post, it doesn't take a genius to guess that's his personal opinion and therefore not necessarily the truth. and he has every right to defend his ideas, whether you agree or not.
and don't think i'm defending raven#1 for the hell of it, out of all the arguments i've read between you guys, it's always raven having an opinion and you nitpicking the hell out of it. it's fine to disagree but for the love of god try being mature and stating your thoughts in a more appropriate manner.

And to GL, it is Wolfman's comics Slack gets his stuff from, so his opinion is not outdated. And people can lie, you know. Yes kiddies, superheroes can lie. I still think Terra is not a Titan, because aside from the episodes surrounding her, we never saw her officially as a Titan, the flashbacks in Aftershock pt.2 notwithstanding, because they never officially took place on-camera when Terra was with the Titans.

corvus_luna said:
alright, time for corvus peacmaker to say her peace.

jaydawg, just because raven#1 doesn't put "well, this is what i think but i could be wrong" on every post, it doesn't take a genius to guess that's his personal opinion and therefore not necessarily the truth. and he has every right to defend his ideas, whether you agree or not.
and don't think i'm defending raven#1 for the hell of it, out of all the arguments i've read between you guys, it's always raven having an opinion and you nitpicking the hell out of it. it's fine to disagree but for the love of god try being mature and stating your thoughts in a more appropriate manner.

We yell at Raven#1 because:

1. She states her opinions as fact and it gets quite annoying
2. Her facts are 90% wrong
3. She acts like she knows about the comics but knows jack $#!t about them

I am A GUY!! And I never say my opinion as fact. I simply try to find sources to back up my opinion and then you shoot them down.

Raven#1 said:
I am A GUY!! And I never say my opinion as fact. I simply try to find sources to back up my opinion and then you shoot them down.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
:eek:

i understand why you fight with him, i just think your reasons are immature. like i said, he may state his opions as fact, but in my opinion, i believe it's just his way of posting. and if his facts are 90% wrong, that doesn't mean you need to scream and b****, theres no law saying you can't politely correct ppl.
finally, again, on reason #3, opinion. it is allowed in this country. as is yours, but being civilized about it isn't going to kill you.

Raven#1 said:
Hall of the Fallen, as in, people who've died? And George and Marv made the comics and they said she is NOT a Titan...

Terra joined the Teen Titans in New Teen Titans #30 by Marv Wolfman

And Marv himself plainly stated his Terra was NOT a Titan. Check titanstower.com for more info on the Titans, period...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"