Wonder Girl should join Teen Titans!!

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
As with the Justice League, the Teen Titans needs new blood. Not as many as Unlimited, but afew additions to the group would be nice. I would love to see Wonder Girl join the group. She would add some additional spark to the Starfire/Robin relationship as well as add some more "muscle" to the group.

I have often wondered, why did Supergirl join the Justice League Unlimited when her age and statis really qualifies her for membership in the Titans? I thought they existed in the same Universe - how about a crossover??

Here is an image of a perfect Wonder Girl to join Teen Titans!!

cartoonwondergirl3ev.jpg

Supergirl is chillin with Superman, she is where she belongs. But I agree, a few new characters would be nice.

Plus, Supergirl could take out Slade a bit to easily, they would be overpowered.

Besides, though the comics has all the DC characters connected (i.e. the Titans and the League), the show do not, as they are made by different people and there are copyright issues to wade through when obtaining a character. Besides, there are already enough new members with the returns of Hotspot, Wilderbeest, Tram, Titans East, as well as new arrivals like Kid Flash (Wally West), Jericho (Joseph Wilson), Kole, and numerous others, not to mention the possible return of a certain backstabbing blond who's currently a statue...

Terra rules. :cool:

As for Wonder Girl and Superboy.. Sam Register has stated that they were sort of out of the picture because those are different licenses within DC Comics. So with Teen Titans – which is Robin essentially – they had access to the Batman universe. But they would have to pay a bigger licensing fee to get those "other" characters in because other creators are connected to those.

But who knows he also stated that Kid Flash would never happen but now he's on board for season 5, which makes me wonder if they actually had to put down big bucks for it to happen.. hhmmmm.

Terra is not comeing back she's dead dead as a doornob dead.

You don't know that. Titanstower did say she could come back "in an interesting way". This was while they covered the new members (Kid Flash, Jericho, etc.) and the returns (the Honorary Titans, Tram, and Titans East). However, to the one who said, "Terra rules", that is your opinion. I, on the other hand, connect all the Titans with their comic selves, and thusly, I hate Terra and always will, no matter that the TV show creators decided to change her up a bit (make her seem misunderstood and lost, instead of the true caniving, cold-hearted, [bleep]-stick her comic backstory foretold).

Then shouldnt you hate Raven for ruining Dick and Starfires wedding? Anyways its already been stated all the Timm shows (BTAS, STAS, TNBA,Gotham Girls, Batman Beyond, Zeta, JL, Static Shock, JLU) are not connected to any other tv show with DC characters in it such as Teen Titans, The Batman, Krypto the Superdog and obviously, Smallville. Theres also an embargo to consider. While there isnt one on Wonder Woman and her characters, one has to mention the high cost it would be take to liscense the character. Personally, I'd love to see the character on Titans because its appearant they arent going to use the character on Justice League and it would totally kick ass to see all of the original members of TT (comics wise of course, since in the show the founders are Raven, Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Starfire). I mean seeing Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Robin and Speedy in one episode would be a real treat.

But, you could see most of them, save Wonder Girl...I mean, the 60's Titans (the TV Titans; drawn like the 80's "Superfriends") had them all, save Robin who was still with Bats.

Terra no...she's had her chance and blew it. As for Kid Flash, he will appear in the eppy Lightspeed, but he only joined because he, like Dick, was manipulated by Raven...

That's only in the comics. Just because it happened in the comics doesn't mean it'll happen in the show. There was no need to state that that was the reason hej oined the team.

Well, if they are close to their comic selves and they do an origin episode, then they ought to retell the origins correctly, including how the members joined...

No, not really. Slack or whoever is writing the origins story can do whatever they want. They make Starfire an embassador to Earth, make Cyborg someone who got into a car accident, make Beast Boy some kid who escaped from a government organization, and Raven somebody they found in a cafe.
I don't think they're gonna even go into their backgrounds, just how they met up. And that doesn't mean that it'll happen like in the comics.

They hinted at their backgrounds before, so it's best that the origin episode ties all the loose ends on the backstories, as well as how the team was assembled.

True, team Slack can change it to how they want it, but comic purists wouldn't like that way. I might not know much about the comics, but I want them to stay as true to the comics as much as a kids show can get.

Obviously, they are gonna axe the more mature parts, but with the hints of who is who in certain episodes (ex: Cy, for example, in Deception and that quick comment made by Evil Cyborg in The End pt.2), the creators will eventually have to finally admit who's who (Cy is Victor Stone, for example) and the best way to do that is in an origin episode.

No, I'm pretty sure the origins story might just be about how they formed as a team, leaving out each characters specific backgrounds. Who cares if cmic purists don't like it? Slack and others have done well not following the comics to a fault so far, so why change it up?
In the show, this team of Titans were the first team to have been made, not the second, and it's worked so far. No complaints at all. If they can have Raven still be in her blue cloak after defeating her father when it was supposed to stay white, then they can have the Titans just meet up and decide to be a team of heroes.

Your an idiot because comic purist already hate this show and have from day one. The writers dont cater to comic fans at all. If they did, the show would be incredibly dark, Slade would be Deathstroke, he would work for the Hive, Gizmo would be a middle aged man and Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Robin, Aqualad and Speedy would be the original Titans.

No, because there's copyright issues with each character and the show is a kid's show, hence words like death and stroke cannot be used...

Tell that to the FCC and soccer moms that watch over popular programs, such as TT is currently. In fact, there's a site out there called obession.com that urges parents to watch over what their kids watch, even when the parents themselves watched the same stuff when they were kids (i.e. superhero shows like old-school Superman and Batman). The programs are trying to abide by the FFC's "kid friendly" rules, which why explains why TT was nixed from Kid's WB, after the second season (with Terra's demise), because the execs at Kid's WB, felt that TT was no longer safe for "wholesome" children...

Thats bs because theres Brother Blood who debuted long after "Slade," besides all my other points were valid and you know it.

jaydawg said:
Your an idiot because comic purist already hate this show and have from day one. The writers dont cater to comic fans at all. If they did, the show would be incredibly dark, Slade would be Deathstroke, he would work for the Hive, Gizmo would be a middle aged man and Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Robin, Aqualad and Speedy would be the original Titans.

For a second I thought you were talking to me.

Raven#1 said:
No, because there's copyright issues with each character and the show is a kid's show, hence words like death and stroke cannot be used...

But if the show was meant for "comic purists", then it wouldn't BE a kid aimed show, genius.

I know that, but because the show IS geared towards kids, the characters, their origins, and everything else has been modified to fit a "kiddie" level, save maybe Raven's...

They dont even have origins. Or names for that matter.

Yes they do. Cy for example, told Starfire that his human hologram was at one time "the original version" and his alias was Stone, which was ironic because his real name was Victor Stone. As for Robin, aka Dick, we already know his origin, but his real name was noted by demension-hopping Larry in Fractured, his future self (Nightwing) was seen in How Long is Forever, and his parents infamous plunge and him becoming Bat's ward was seen by Raven in Haunted. Star's Tamaranian name was uttered by Galfore in Bethrothed, the same episode where we learn of Star's noble heritage as a princess. Raven's past/destiny was noted numerous times, but mostly in Season 4. The only one lacking hints at his real name or his true origin is BB, but with his former teachers, the Doom Patrol, appearing this coming season, that might change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"