• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

If this does worse than Tenet I think WW3 in general is toast

All I see is a lack of enthusiasm and anger in Patty's tweet. Wouldn't be shocked to see her not return for a 3rd film. WB's treatment of this film has been utterly embarrassing.

I read on Twitter WW84 will release on December 16 theatrically in international markets. Haven't seen an official article yet.

I remember seeing the trailer on the big screen, which was seriously epic. I’ll still watch it if it’s available in Canada, but I am seriously bummed out!!!!!

:csad:

If WB is willing to spend close to $100million for Snyder to finish his film, this releasing on HBO Max shouldnt put a damper on a third film. They'll have to adjust what will prove this as a success (which will likely be subscribers and how many times its viewed).

But with them keep pushing it back and spending money to promote it, it makes sense to do what they are doing. Disney has acted as if Black Widow doesnt exist (smart, since they can push it hard when they have a new release date) but WB hasnt done the same for WW.

I know what ill be doing on Xmas though. Rewatch after rewatch after rewatch.

If this does worse than Tenet I think WW3 in general is toast

No way, the world changed under their feet. If this movie underperforms, it's not the fault of the film or the filmmakers and I'm sure WB knows that.

Pray that a cinema is open come release (and risk getting a severe illness)...

OR

WB will charge you up to £30 to RENT the movie digitally for 48 hours with only ONE viewing. While the US gets unlimited viewing for free.

Oh yeah, they did something similar with BoP, I think.

They just should have released it to cinemas and digital/home media simultaneously, both in the US and internationally.

It would reduce piracy and maximise profits, wherever they come from.

I was wondering what this decision was going to be, but still am surprised they didn't move to summer. I would much rather check it out in a theater, but there was no chance in hell of opting for that next month. I'm even more surprised that it isn't coming at a premium for subscribers, but definitely not mad at that.

Pandemic notwithstanding, it'll be interesting to see if this acts as a domino. Talk of home viewing as a same (or near) time option to the big screen has been out there for a minute.

I honestly think this is a mistake.

Guess I'll be waiting for the Blu-ray on this one, but I have no doubt this movie will now lose WB alot of money.

Can't believe they willingly took a kick to the balls twice this year.

This was going to lose a lot of money either way. Holding back a film close to 2 years after already getting people excited was never going to help. So much promotional material has already come out, the book has come out, they have to keep bringing back the team to promote it. Now they can try to build back the momentum they had earlier in hyping up fans.

All I see is a lack of enthusiasm and anger in Patty's tweet. Wouldn't be shocked to see her not return for a 3rd film. WB's treatment of this film has been utterly embarrassing.

I think she knows that their hands were practically tied, and with her wanting a trilogy, if they give it to her no reason to turn it down. She better still get her Amazon movie.

Guess I'l trhy the 7 day trial for HBO. I mean, I could go to an autocinema, but the ones in here have screens the size of an ipod nano, and are so close to the city the light contamination suks.

The film will only be available on HBO Max for a month according to the press release.
Today, Warner Bros. Pictures announced that its highly anticipated superhero tentpole film WONDER WOMAN 1984 will be released simultaneously in theaters and on the HBO Max streaming platform in the U.S. on December 25, while debuting theatrically in international markets a week earlier starting on December 16. The film will be available for a month on HBO Max in the U.S. included at no additional cost to subscribers.
Warner Bros. Pictures’ WONDER WOMAN 1984 Flies To Historic Simultaneous Release In Theaters And On HBO Max In The U.S. On Christmas Day

I remember seeing the trailer on the big screen, which was seriously epic. I’ll still watch it if it’s available in Canada, but I am seriously bummed out!!!!!

:csad:
Montreal is in lockdown so I won't be able to go see it. Too bad, because we have a legit IMAX screen and the film did use IMAX 70mm cameras...

-edit-

Last edited:
To clarify, HBO Max subscribers arent gonna pay a premium to watch it like that failed Mulan experiment right?

Wonder Woman 1984 will be available on HBO Max for a month, then the film will leave the service and continue to play in theaters. After that, the film will become available for purchase via video on demand, etc.

Yea the WM press release says it'll be free of charge for the first month of release

And I think any talk of Patty not coming back for 3 over this is just ridiculous. I get we are all upset about this but that is quite the overreaction. They moved this around for her, they are doing the dual rollout because she wants it in the theaters. (as do we all) Only Nolan got more pretzel bending than she did.

All of these studios are going to take hits on their films and they are all just going to write off some of it. The only ones who really should be annoyed is us and I doubt half the people care and as long as they can see it they dont much care how or when. It isnt like we cant see it in theaters we just have other options. (which I know my friends with kids will like a lot)

Sadly this is just the first domino to fall...just wait until after the first of the year if things arent actually rounding the corner...

The reality is theres no good options here people. Its a crappy situation. Its not WB’s fault this pandemic is raging on like it is. They cant keep punting this expensive movie down the field a whole other year. They need to start making something off of it, and im sure theres all sorts of merchandise and licensing deals in place that are waiting to be launched too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"