Wonder Woman 2 box office thread

I would argue that the incredible success of Aquaman proves that there is a considerable demand for DC movies that are even basically good. I predict it will make just around a billion. Yes, it will lose some of the "first time ever" the first one had, but it will benefit from the usual sequel enthusiasm growth.

I would argue that the incredible success of Aquaman proves that there is a considerable demand for DC movies that are even basically good. I predict it will make just around a billion. Yes, it will lose some of the "first time ever" the first one had, but it will benefit from the usual sequel enthusiasm growth.
I think the target would be to maintain a roughly similar number for domestic (maybe more but not massively so) with the novelty advantage gone but replaced by a sequel to well-received first film boost. And then to grow significantly overseas. I see $900m as the base with potential for a fair bit more depending how good it is and how ambitious it is in scale and visuals. $1B would be no surprise at this stage and Aquaman numbers wouldn’t be off the table.

Aquaman has China to thank part of it doing so well. WW most likely wont have that same chance.

As I did with the first movie, I have my concerns regarding its overseas numbers. I don't doubt that the movie can top $400M+ domestic again, but I have my doubts that the movie can really improve a lot on its $409M overseas total. Why? Because I think the 80s setting won't play as well overseas as it will domestically. It will definitely need to improve on its $90M total in China if it wants to reach $1B WW and I just don't see that happening. Even a 20% increase in China from the first film will only get it to $108M in the Middle Kingdom. I'll stick with my $801 million to $900M prediction.

$442M Domestic
$421M Overseas
$863M Worldwide

I am once again expecting its domestic number to be higher than its overseas number.

A billion would be great and should be the goal after Aquaman... but its being released in the middle of the summer. I think 800 million to 900 million would be my guess.

after this year and WB l& our uck, i say: 600-700M

I think it's too early to predict with accuracy (I think we can make better guess after watching the first trailer) though I'm happy that WB is not releasing the movie this year, the whole year has turned out to be underwhelming year for WB.

But I would say that WW84 would make as much (or close to) what the first WW made. so around $800 mil.

Have a feeling it'll be critically well-received but make less than expected at the box office, perhaps due to moviegoers still swooning over the Black Widow movie.

I'm pessimistic when it comes to things that I like.

400M world wide, lowering expectations

400M world wide, lowering expectations
That's the number I had in mind for the first WW movie. This time, my pessimistic estimate is $500 mil. Then again, I thought Shazam was going to make at least $400 mil. but it made only $364 mil.

Box office is so unpredictable when it comes to DCEU movies.

That's the number I had in mind for the first WW movie. This time, my pessimistic estimate is $500 mil. Then again, I thought Shazam was going to make at least $400 mil. but it made only $364 mil.

Box office is so unpredictable when it comes to DCEU movies.

this, i rather be wrong with a low estimate number

Croods 2 doing better Sat (Jan 16) & Sun (Jan 17) box office numbers than WW84 is just embarrassing. That movie is playing in less theaters and has been in theaters for 54 days.

EsGnKTCXcAEx6f-

Croods 2 doing better Sat (Jan 16) & Sun (Jan 17) box office numbers than WW84 is just embarrassing. That movie is playing in less theaters and has been in theaters for 54 days.
Croods 2 is not available on some streaming service, WW1984 has been on HBO Max for almost a month.

Had WB not released WW1984 simultaneously on both HBO Max and Theaters, it would have made more.

Decided to share this here too: HBO Max tops all streaming services in subscriber acquisitions for the 4th quarter of 2020 thanks to Wonder Woman and Warner media's day and date plan. Very excited to hear the numbers from the horses mouth on the 27th.

Decided to share this here too: HBO Max tops all streaming services in subscriber acquisitions for the 4th quarter of 2020 thanks to Wonder Woman and Warner media's day and date plan. Very excited to hear the numbers from the horses mouth on the 27th.

But I thought Wonder Woman was a disaster. That is what I heard from YouTubers and the Wonder Woman thread.

But I thought Wonder Woman was a disaster. That is what I heard from YouTubers and the Wonder Woman thread.

Nothing about that post says anything about the quality of the movie.

You can like the movie and still admit that the movie is divisive. No need to go full shill mode.

Last edited:
Nothing about that post says anything about the quality of the movie.

You can like the movie and still admit that the movie is divisive. No need to go full shill mode.
The movie was divisive because there is a segment of the fan base that want Xena Warrior Princess instead of Wonder Woman. Kind of like Superman and the snap neck. Batman killing people with guns. People hated Batman and Superman as killers but want Wonder Woman taking heads and names. DC can’t get a break.

The movie was divisive because there is a segment of the fan base that want Xena Warrior Princess instead of Wonder Woman. Kind of like Superman and the snap neck. Batman killing people with guns. People hated Batman and Superman as killers but want Wonder Woman taking heads and names. DC can’t get a break.

That must be it. It couldn't have been the bad plot and script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"