Wonder Woman Thread Reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a the Justice League as a wrestling league? Clark Steelman, Diana Danger, and Bruce Knight make up the Big Three.

Even if there are runs on WW where she was more like a crime-fighter vigilante - and she had a version where she didn´t have any powers or costume as well, the infamous mod WW - , I feel like, if you´re gonna translate the character to a mass media, you have to use the most recognizable, archetypical, iconic version of the character, much like the STV movie did, and that´s not an executive/vigilante.

Smallville, IMO, ultimately lasted way longer than its premise should have allowed, but when it started, it captured a moment in Clark´s life, it didn´t have suit or flying, but it was still a very iconic, recognizable Clark Kent, growing up in a farm with Pa and Ma Kent, as he developed his superpowers.

I'm no expert on US TV but isn't NBC like stone motherless last when it comes to ratings?
The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS--our equivalent of the BBC) holds that title. Which is a shame because they have better programming than NBC these days.

Seriously, though, yes. NBC used to be top of the pack through the mid-90s ("Must See TV" and all that) and then the now-departed management came aboard and drove the place into the ground. If they didn't have "Chuck," I'd never watch them at all.

Last edited:
You know what I'm talking about. I even said some things were changed. But you know that stuff was rooted in the comics. The show didn't start off trying to reinvent Clark Kent into something else that was completely different.

You're still exaggerating. A closer comparison would be to Buffy. Because the freak of the week and hero stuff was always a big focus on the show. It wasn't some relationship drama with a small dash of Superman elements.

Those are some pretty big changes...unless they say that she's the WW that everyone knows, who's just been around so long that she built up an identity as a corporate exec. In which case they should just do Wonder Woman.

Imagine a new series about a guy named Kalvin Clark, a damn good lawyer who has to balance the difficulties of his job with other aspects of his life. Who as it turns out is actually Superman many years after he outlasted his Clark Kent identity. You would never see anything like that with Superman. Just like you would never see a male model in the midst of taking acting lessons being cast as Superman in a big budget movie.

We do, however, see Wonder Woman have to endure such stupid things. It's so blatantly clear that the WB has no respect for the character.

Wasn't Clark a news reporter at one point?

My point about the straight from the comics line was that it wasn't. The concept was old bthe background for led was modern. It's always mix matched. How do we know she's mpt working for Ares Buchanan to sabotage is company or use his resources to help people he's trying to hurt?

Wasn't Clark

The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS--our equivalent of the BBC) holds that title. Which is a shame because they have better programming than NBC these days.

Seriously, though, yes. NBC used to be top of the pack through the mid-90s ("Must See TV" and all that) and then the now-departed management came aboard and drove the place into the ground. If they didn't have "Chuck," I'd never watch them at all.

It´s a shame, they used to have mega-hits like Seinfeld, Friends, ER, The West Wing... I watch Chuck too, The Office used to be a big show, and I like COmmunity too, but their programming in general sucks.

The same that happened to Charmed might happen to this series. The male producer demolishes the female power and decides to bring in Alpha-Males, make the main female lead become a love-struck hormonal freak. And so on...

Sorry, i kind of skipped over your point when i replied to you earlier, I admitted to watching Ally McBeal, and tbh, tbcompletely honest, I basically watched the lot of Charmed, but stopped watching the final series as it was not as good, lower budget and all that, they should have finished it with the ep where their identities were exposed, that was a v good one. I kind of dismissed it, but I was not being honest there, I enjoyed a lot of the eps, and got a laugh out of the daft ones, like the Leprechaun ep. I have actually defended Charmed on another forum before and it became quite a lenghy argument, i don't know why i skimmed over that part of my past so quickly there.
But, I did miss the eps where Cole was introduced, those were the eps i meant when i said i missed some(Cole is DrDoom to the Charmed uninitiated, you can blame Charmed for his casting in FF, i actually thought it was a good casting choice, but they changed the character too much for FF).
So i guess you are talking about Phoebe and Cole, and tbh(again), i don't think i was smart enough or attuned enough to that dynamic to pick up on that, it was not just a case of missing eps, as i did see most of the Cole eps.
anyway, i felt i should be honest and get that off my chest, and you are right, they need to be careful with that kind of thing , esp if it is a guy writing it, as we still have captain caveman genes and need to check ourselves when it comes to caveman poilitics.

Basically it will be Xena in modern times.

Sounds great.

TPTB didn't do enough with that concept in "Send in the Clones" in season 6. At the very least, they could have shown us Xena breaking Gabrielle out of the police station before they battled Alti in the junk yard and then drove off in a taxi drinking champagne.

I'm no expert on US TV but isn't NBC like stone motherless last when it comes to ratings?

When it comes to comedies, no. ABC would honestly be the better place for this show, but since Disney owns them.....

All I know is that 30 Rock is on NBC.

The last couple of weeks in December, NBC had the top raitings for primetime, but it wasn't for comedy. It was Sunday Night Football that put them over the top. They are not just a network known for comedy. They do sports quite well too. As far as ABC goes, that was the the home of the Original Wonder Woman TV series. Although that is the case, you also had "Heroes" on NBC and I am sure that they are looking for another series like that, which would explain theme picking up Wonder Woman.

Everyone should stop freaking out about this. All NBC has done is order a pilot. They haven't given the series a green light. All it means is that Kelley gets to make his pilot episode and screen it for WB/NBC/DC Entertainment executives. And if Geoff Johns is doing his job, he'll do everything in his power to kill it if the pilot turns out to be garbage.

Lots of pilots never get a series pickup order for lots of reasons, so this is not a done deal.

True, very true. Remember Mercy Reef? The pilot was a POS and that show died in the screening room. If it sucks, it will probably just end up on the internet like with MR. I don't really believe NBC's standards are high enough to turn anything down these days, but if WB and DC hate it chances are they will pull the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"