Wonder Woman's powers [movie spoilers]

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman' started by Captain Shazam, Jun 4, 2017.

1. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Basically, she's a flying speedster brick, but there are lots of those in the DCU. Its hardly her being a Superman clone.

2. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Wonder Woman doesn't even wear a cape in the DCEU.

3. Blitzkrieg Registered

Diana's Spider kick with the lasso was kick ass. I dig all the action scenes with the Lasso. They were very well done.

4. MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

The TV show made me hate a lot of her gadgets, the tiara lasso and especially that darn jet; but I agree that Patty and co made it work.

BTW how does WW do her slides?

#54 MydnightPhoenix, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I didn't like how Wonder Woman taking off her belt made her lose her powers. Or that she could be knocked out with chloroform. And that she only seemed to have powers when in costume.
    It just seemed like because they didn't have a version of kryptonite for her, they had to find some reason to de-power Wonder Woman for plot convenience.

6. Willi Berg On The Run

It was funny the way they had her tied up as Diana Prince without powers and she would have to find a way to spin to become WW and be able to escape. So she would sometimes transform by rolling down a hill, spinning in a chair, or falling out a window.

7. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I've been watching Wonder Woman on MeTV and in one that was on recently she was chained to a wall with a long chain, so she spun around by wrapping
    the chain around her. So that by the time she reached the wall she was Wonder Woman, and then easily broke the chain.

8. Willi Berg On The Run

:awesome:

What about this one:

[YT]PCSNNxYT5PA[/YT]

9. elgaz Registered

I thought Wonder Woman came across as plenty powerful in this film, but I'll admit to not having much background knowledge as I never really read her stories in the comics - so I assumed wrongly that she was always on a par with Superman, like a female near-version of him.