Worst dialogue in a comic book movie

are you serious?

The Evil Dead movies? Big Troulbe in Little China? Wow.

Absolutely. Low-budget crap at it's worst. I did enjoy Army of Darkness for it's comedic value but you said the trilogy, so I didn't could'nt A&D as a stand alone film. I hated Evil Dead 1&2. Probably didn't help that I'd never heard of the series and ended up watching Army of Darkness first.

The actual words aren't so bad, as much as what is actually being said...

THIS is probably the worst exchange in a comic film.

Harry's Butler: "I was there that night. I saw what happened. Peter tried to help your father. I know I should have told you this before you destroyed all of your relationships, terrorized your childhood girlfriend, turned into a disfigured freak, blew up countless buildings in the city, attempted to murder your best friend, dealt with a mentally unstable scientist turned terrorist, kidnapped people, terrorized people, injected yourself with drugs, began the slow process of becoming mentally unhinged, and ruined all of our lives. I love you, Harry".

Harry: "Yeah... it's ok. Thanks for telling me now, I guess".

:wow:

Absolutely. Low-budget crap at it's worst. I did enjoy Army of Darkness for it's comedic value but you said the trilogy, so I didn't could'nt A&D as a stand alone film. I hated Evil Dead 1&2. Probably didn't help that I'd never heard of the series and ended up watching Army of Darkness first.

too bad that you didn't like these WONDERFUL MOVIES

Harry's Butler: "I was there that night. I saw what happened. Peter tried to help your father. I know I should have told you this before you destroyed all of your relationships, terrorized your childhood girlfriend, turned into a disfigured freak, blew up countless buildings in the city, attempted to murder your best friend, dealt with a mentally unstable scientist turned terrorist, kidnapped people, terrorized people, injected yourself with drugs, began the slow process of becoming mentally unhinged, and ruined all of our lives. I love you, Harry".

I just thought it was the most random scene in the movie. The butler just had this exposition..out of no where. They just had him talk to move the story forward. Or at least it seems like the case. But it was weird scene.

:huh:I don't recall that line in any Nolan Batfilm.
I don't know what tell you....maybe you should watch it again?
Its in the parking garage scene (i believe batman says it to one of the impersonators.) and a police officer says it when they're arresting all of Gotham's gangsters.

Just about all the dialogue in Punisher: War Zone.

I liked the part when Frank yells out "Don't die on me" at the dude, even though he has a huge axe sticking out of him.

I don't think so. I think there was the axe, and his torso was shredded. I couldn't stop laughing though.

I don't know what tell you....maybe you should watch it again?
Its in the parking garage scene (i believe batman says it to one of the impersonators.) and a police officer says it when they're arresting all of Gotham's gangsters.

NO it isnt, you should watch it again buddy, Batman never says that in any Nolan movie.

In the garage he says to the impersonator "Dont let find you out here again."

Then ".....I dont need help." Then "I'm not wearing hocket pants."

NOTHING even close to saying have a nice trip.

:facepalm

That scene screamed MAJOR FACE PALM!!!

The actual dialogue itself isn't really that bad out of context. It reads like any dramatic scene in an issue of Spiderman currently :o. however like octoberist said, it came out of nowhere! Its not like Bernard the butler had a lot of character development over the three films. Its not like the audience knew the butler had this knowledge and we've been waiting for him to finally confess. No, instead of the writers having Harry making a difficult choice between right and wrong for himself, they cheated their way out by using the not too important butler character as a plot device.

34qa2jp.jpg

NO it isnt, you should watch it again buddy, Batman never says that in any Nolan movie.

Then ".....I dont need help." Then "I'm not wearing hocket pants."

hmmm...I could have sworn I heard Batman say that line. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me.

Then ".....I dont need help." Then "I'm not wearing hockey pants."

I actually think he said "hockey pads". Don't you?

Jessica Alba's "No, Let's" in Fantastic Four.

I bet the Butler scene in Spider-Man 3 was a last-minute inclusion because it'd be too "dark" to kill off Harry without revealing to him Spider-Man did not killed his father.

I think it'd be way better if Harry *choose* to help Spider-Man and, in the ending, forgave him for Norman's death, without knowing he didn't do it. It'd send a good message about the movie theme: Forgiveness.

robinj.jpg

"I can help you: I can be Robin!"

"What killed dah dinosaurs?....DA ICE AGE!"
I have never heard anyone suggest the ice age killed the dinosaurs, and MR Freeze was supposed to be a friggin scientist! Honestly, even as a kid that line still made no sense to me.

Last edited:
I bet the Butler scene in Spider-Man 3 was a last-minute inclusion because it'd be too "dark" to kill off Harry without revealing to him Spider-Man did not killed his father.

I think it'd be way better if Harry *choose* to help Spider-Man and, in the ending, forgave him for Norman's death, without knowing he didn't do it. It'd send a good message about the movie theme: Forgiveness.

I believe in the motto of 'less is more'. I think that Harry can turn to good without the butler's speech, and we - as the audience - can assume that Harry just made the right choice. Same conclusion, maybe it's a bit more geniune since we're all rooting for Harry to do the right thing in the end. Instaed we got a weird exposition scene with the butler spoon feeding the audience.

Heck, maybe the butler could have just made one comment - a sly remark - that makes Harry think of his choices.

I just imagine the butler as Harry's subconscious :o

The ones I would post have already been said. Particularly some of the dialogue with Peter and MJ in the Spiderman movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"