Worst Performance EVER in a Comic Book Film?

Agreed. I think Ioan has some talent somewhere, but off the top of my head, the only role I’ve ever seen him in where I liked him was as a guy who pees on people in Horrible Bosses. Jessica Alba has never been good in ANYTHING. She’s gorgeous, sure. But that girl CAN’T act.

IMO Jessica Alba is not a particularly good actress but not a terrible one either. As Sue Storm she was just kind of there.

For a really unconvincing performance by a hot chick as a scientist see Denise Richards in The World is Not Enough. She's okay in light comedy or Action flicks.

IMO Jessica Alba is not a particularly good actress but not a terrible one either. As Sue Storm she was just kind of there.

For a really unconvincing performance by a hot chick as a scientist see Denise Richards in The World is Not Enough. She's okay in light comedy or Action flicks.

Haha yeah Denise Richards is the WORST Bond girl of all time. How ANYONE thought she could believably play a nuclear physicist is beyond me. As for Alba though, I would agree that she's just kinda "there" in F4, and that's the problem. She's just "there" in everything. I've never seen her elevate any material she's been given. She just shows up for work.

After hearing talk of Armie Hammer as the new Batman, I just remembered he played a role in Iron Man 2. Can't for the life of me remember his character's name in the film, but man was he irritating in that movie.

After hearing talk of Armie Hammer as the new Batman, I just remembered he played a role in Iron Man 2. Can't for the life of me remember his character's name in the film, but man was he irritating in that movie.

giphy.gif

Ok, Justin Hammer was his character's name. Idk, I just found him really annoying in that movie.

Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor is up there. Can’t remember the last time a villain irritated me that much. “Because that is paradoxical!!...ahammm, ah no wait, what was I saying?”

I mean what the hell kind of characterization is this?

Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor is up there. Can’t remember the last time a villain irritated me that much. “Because that is paradoxical!!...ahammm, ah no wait, what was I saying?”

I mean what the hell kind of characterization is this?

Completely agree. I don't know about worst, but he was God awful

Ok, Justin Hammer was his character's name. Idk, I just found him really annoying in that movie.

That was Sam Rockwell.

And he was supposed to be annoying. He was a wannabe Tony Stark who masked his insecurities with flamboyance. He was great.

Yeah, I loved Rockwell in Iron Man 2. I wasn't crazy about Rourke, but Rockwell was a great (incompetent) villain.

Rockwell was solid in Iron Man 2. I wouldn't mind seeing him again, but finding out when/where would be tricky.

They probably should have had a Russian connection thing with Vanko and Widow. That could have been interesting. I just wish they didn't rush Iron Man 2. I enjoyed it before but after watching it again last year, it really isn't that good.

IM2 is such a mixed bag. Loved Rockwell, but Rourke was underwhelming. Widow barely has any lines and does nothing of significance except beat some guys up. The end action sequence is spectacular but the fight with Whiplash is over too fast.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta had some of the worst line readings I've ever heard. I don't know if that was a direction problem because I quite like him. He was one of the only good things in Baywatch. But my god he was bad in Aquaman. But not as bad as teenage Arthur. No idea who cast that guy, but man. That guy needs to go to more than one acting class.

As for Rockwell as Justin Hammer. I liked him quite a bit in that role. Would be nice to see him again. I think he could've fit well in place of Sonny Burch in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Probably would've made that part of the film slightly more interesting. I really don't like Walter Goggins

Last edited:
I rewatched Iron Man 2 recently and it re-affirmed that Rockwell is still easily one of my favorite villains in the MCU. His performance was perfectly insufferable.

Sam Rockwell is awesome, so by extension Justin Hammer gets some awesomness.

0tP953J.gif
I rewatched Iron Man 2 recently and it re-affirmed that Rockwell is still easily one of my favorite villains in the MCU. His performance was perfectly insufferable.
We deserve/deserved more from him as Hammer

Happy he got his Oscar though. He's been on my list of most underrated for a long time

Yeah, I'd love to see Hammer make a return. It would be funny if he popped up in Endgame, trying to capitalize on Stark's absence and launch his own nanotech but it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"