Worst dialogue in a comic book movie

They're not?:huh:

Both seemed pretty bad to me. I do agree that cheesy can be...er, well not good exactly, but it can be overlooked if it is delivered well and if it fits the scene it's in equally well also.

are you serious?

The Evil Dead movies? Big Troulbe in Little China? Wow.

Yea what the hell?!?! Anyone who doesn't like Big Trouble in Little China has no soul.

"I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice"

Not a bad line or poor dialogue on it's own, but considering there was no indication that any of that was true, I class it as bad.

And how is "Look what the cat dragged in" bad dialogue? It's a commonly used phrase in real life. Movies need more of that sorta stuff.

Last edited:
Peter Parker:

Dig on this.

:( Why, Raimi? Why?!

Ahhh dig on this. Appalling. Especially because it closed in on McGuire's weird mouth.

Everything the Hulk didn't say in TIH.

Last edited:
Peter is full of weird dialogue throughout the SM movies, then again I guess they need him to look awkward

That's a nice excuse.

Edit: No, actually, it isn't. :o

Dunst at the end of Spider-man 1

when she confesses her love to Peter its cringworthy in my opinion.

Yea what the hell?!?! Anyone who doesn't like Big Trouble in Little China has no soul.

Not a bad line or poor dialogue on it's own, but considering there was no indication that any of that was true, I class it as bad.

And how is "Look what the cat dragged in" bad dialogue? It's a commonly used phrase in real life. Movies need more of that sorta stuff.

It's cliche' and cliche's should generally be avoided. I think cliche' is french for the absence of cleverness.

It's not cliche, it is a real world phrase. So real world phrases like that, that absolutely 100% work in context with the situation, are bad?

If that was a real moment in real life it wouldn't surprise me what-so-ever if that phrase was used.

That's a nice excuse.

Edit: No, actually, it isn't. :o
:huh: Ok?

Edit: No, actually, Peter shouldn't be timid and shy. I mean, why would anyone want to see that? The everyman crap is just lame and should be forgotten. Let's make him cooler!

Last edited:
Dunst at the end of Spider-man 1

when she confesses her love to Peter its cringworthy in my opinion.

Agreed. Not not as cringeworthy as the way Peter confesses his love to Mary Jane at the hospital.

:huh: Ok?

Edit: No, actually, Peter shouldn't be timid and shy. I mean, why would anyone want to see that? The everyman crap is just lame and should be forgotten. Let's make him cooler!

WTF has 'timid' and 'shy' got to do with him dancing in a jazz club and saying 'Dig on this'? It has nothing to do with it. I'm not wanting them to completely change his character; I'm wanting them to give him so good dialogue.

Agreed. Not not as cringeworthy as the way Peter confesses his love to Mary Jane at the hospital.

now that i think about it, their interactions with each other are really really awkward

The actual words aren't so bad, as much as what is actually being said...

THIS is probably the worst exchange in a comic film.

Harry's Butler: "I was there that night. I saw what happened. Peter tried to help your father. I know I should have told you this before you destroyed all of your relationships, terrorized your childhood girlfriend, turned into a disfigured freak, blew up countless buildings in the city, attempted to murder your best friend, dealt with a mentally unstable scientist turned terrorist, kidnapped people, terrorized people, injected yourself with drugs, began the slow process of becoming mentally unhinged, and ruined all of our lives. I love you, Harry".

Harry: "Yeah... it's ok. Thanks for telling me now, I guess".

:wow:

They only way that scene could of worked was if harry threw the butler out the window at the end of it.

WTF has 'timid' and 'shy' got to do with him dancing in a jazz club and saying 'Dig on this'? It has nothing to do with it. I'm not wanting them to completely change his character; I'm wanting them to give him so good dialogue.

Do not make me post the "so good" gif from SM3...

^Oh, please do. I've not seen it.

exactly how i felt about this line in the movie. i was sitting there was like..."you are? what is it you do?" i mean from what i saw, wade wilson was the best there was at what they all did.

exactly how i felt about this line in the movie. i was sitting there was like..."you are? what is it you do?" i mean from what i saw, wade wilson was the best there was at what they all did.

agreed anyone capable of getting into a ex girlfriends wedding packing duel katana's is clearly above anyone else :woot:

what about:

Batman: And you are...?
Batgirl: Batgirl.
Batman: That's not very PC. What about Batwoman, or Batperson?
Batgirl: Bruce, it's me, Barbara. I found the Batcave.
Robin: We gotta get those locks changed.
Batman: She knows who we are.
Robin: I guess we'll just have to kill her.
Batman: Yep, we'll kill her later, we've got work to do.

It comes off as cheap, out-of-place and mainly ******ED!
Hell, I thought that Batman was supposed to be a friggin genius level detective.
He can't even ****in figure out who she is???!!!

Oh and don't even get me started on:

'Never leave the cave without it'

"Go to hell.... Diablo"

"Ok... but you first"

I actually liked Daredevil (the DC at least), but WHAT was that.

What dialogue exactly?

A lot of what Lex said in that movie sucks, makes him look like a really lame villain, someone who is akin to Dick Dastardly:

Lex Luthor: Krrrrryptonite!

Lex Luthor: Bring it on!

Lex Luthor: See anything familiar?
Superman: I see an old man's sick joke.
Lex Luthor: Really? Because I see my new apartment. And a place for Kitty. One for my friends. And the place over there, I'll rent out. But, you know, maybe you're right. You know, maybe it - It is a little cold. It's, uh - Uh - What's the word I'm searching for? It's a little... alien. It lacks that human touch.

Lines like these establish Lex as a one dimensional Sat morning cartoon villain, when since 1986, Lex has been calm, cool and collected, heck some Sat morning cartoon villains are better written then that, STAS Lex had more menace then the goofball we saw in Superman returns.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"