The Amazing Spider-Man Worst, most annoying suggestions you've heard

zeptron

Superhero
Reaction score
I saw this thread over at the Batman boards and it inspired me to make one here.

- Rebooting the franchise. Yes let's reboot a SUCCESSFUL franchise, whose third film is the second highest grossing superhero film behind The Dark Knight. Yeah these people have no logic.

- Suggesting Scar Jo for Black Cat even after it's announced she's playing Black Widow.

- The idea that Carnage will be in this movie without Venom.

- To make the film dark like The Dark Knight when Spider-man is NOT a dark character nor is the Spider-man universe.

I saw this thread over at the Batman boards and it inspired me to make one here.

- To make the film dark like The Dark Knight when Spider-man is NOT a dark character nor is the Spider-man universe.
Probably one of the most annoying & dumb sugestions ever made. Honestly.

Like you said, SM's universe is not a dark universe like Batman's and neither is the character. I have another:

- people wanting Michael Papajohn to return and become a villain (Chameleon, Electro I think I saw..). All I have to say is: :dry: ...

Last edited:
Bringing Doc Ock back. Down the line is cool if they do a Sinister Six. Spider Man 2 was great and all but Spidey has too many other villains to start rehashing already.

Bringing Venom back at all, and Carnage is a huge one. I mean why go to the well twice? It didn't work in Spidey3 let's try to have a really great Spidey movie again please. (Can I also include the idea that Venom may actually have his own movie as an annoyance?)

I will probably get attacked, and just know this is simply my opinion. I really dont want to see Lizard or Kraven as the main villains. They never ever did anything for me in the comics or animated series. I really think with so many other great villain possibilities Spidey has it would be dumb to use them.

So far those are my biggest annoyances.

Pretty much everything everyone has said, even though I don't care too much about the Ock suggestion. But in addition...

-Recasting MJ this late in the franchise. A new face in this role is not what the franchise needs. With the retcons in 3 and possibly even 4, we don't need a face retcon.
(I love that term now. I just made it up. xD)

-Shia LaBeouf as Peter/ Spider-Man (not necessarily in 4, but just at all). I didn't like the idea when smoothbody was around, saying it in every thread, and I don't like it now. I do like Shia, though.

More jokes/quips when Spider-Man fights.

Seriously, bang on about how it's part of the character and how he uses it to build confidence and all that crap, but at the end of the day you're polluting every scene with stupid humor, which is basically the thing that ruined Spider-Man 3. There's no need for it at all. Nobody is going to watch it thinking "hey, what an interesting thing for this superhero to do, cover his flaws with distracting humor! It's brilliant", they're going to think "hurr, spida man said a funny".

Even if they did pack every scene with it, when the backlash came along it would be because "Raimi didn't do it right", or "Raimi just doesn't understand Peter, so he got it wrong".

The only way I'll accept Ock coming back is if they do the Sinister Six. And I don't even want that to happen. Otherwise bringing him back and turning evil again would have made his redemption pointless IMO.

Suggesting Michael Papajon could be a villain of any sorts, or that Doc Ock should return in any form, or that Venom should return, or Carnage should appear when the symbiote was totally destroyed.

Suggesting Michael Papajon could be a villain of any sorts, or that Doc Ock should return in any form, or that Venom should return, or Carnage should appear when the symbiote was totally destroyed.
Connors still has the sample.

MJ's death . It's just not going to happen.

Carnage as a villian . They could do this in the Venom spinoff but the symbiote storyline was a disaster.

Bringing in Black Crappy. Using any kind of symbiote villain. Michael Papajohn as a super villain.

Recasting Tobey, honestly. I also am not crazy about the suggestions of using Carnage for S-M4. Leave Carange for the Venom spin-off, which i'm being optimistic about. I'm very excited for it. Bring in a classic Villian(s) for Spider-Man 4.

I forgot to mention another one which I often read on these boards: bringing Venom back or anything regarding Venom's return is just plain stupid!

suggestions that venom (and worse, carnage) should appear in future SM movies. UGH!

- people wanting Michael Papajohn to return and become a villain (Chameleon, Electro I think I saw..). All I have to say is: :dry: ...

That, and the dreaded R word...Reboot, have been the worst.

suggestions that venom (and worse, carnage) should appear in future SM movies. UGH!
They can appear in the movies when SM will be rebooted and when it will have a director which is competent enough to give them justice!

That, and the dreaded R word...Reboot, have been the worst.
I AGREE. Like alot of franchises, Spider-Man will be rebooted too someday, but in my oppinion it should not take place in the near future. We still have some movies to go (SM4,5....) and I hope these ones will be done the right way. It shouldn't be rebooted now, just because SM3 sucked! Not to mention that I want to see other villains too, I don't want the whole GG story again, it's really too early for a remake.

I forgot to mention another one which I often read on these boards: bringing Venom back or anything regarding Venom's return is just plain stupid!

Agreed!

that sounds just as awful as the idea of a venom spin-off

Morbius to be the villain just because Raimi said he likes the character.

The problem with Sandman was that he made the character so lame. The symbiote being introduced only made it worse, it made him Uncle Ben's real killer so Peter could have another personal connection to the villain while also having a reason to hate him with the symbiote.

Plus, if he had done Sandman and Vulture and Harry as the Goblin, the film would have been so much better.

The problem with Sandman was that he made the character so lame. The symbiote being introduced only made it worse, it made him Uncle Ben's real killer so Peter could have another personal connection to the villain while also having a reason to hate him with the symbiote.

Plus, if he had done Sandman and Vulture and Harry as the Goblin, the film would have been so much better.

agreed, Venom had such an unreal feel, which sucks, cause the first two films were plausible, to the point where it felt real enough that you could connect it with real life, for example, Green Goblin and Ock were two pretty much regular guys (sides the fact their super mega smart inventors) that went insane from their creations, Venom just felt impossible and stupid

agreed, Venom had such an unreal feel, which sucks, cause the first two films were plausible, to the point where it felt real enough that you could connect it with real life, for example, Green Goblin and Ock were two pretty much regular guys (sides the fact their super mega smart inventors) that went insane from their creations, Venom just felt impossible and stupid

While a man make of living sand had a "real" feel to it? :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"