Worst Movies of the Year for 2006!

X-Men 3 didnt suck, and it was not the worst film of the year. The reason people say that is mainly because they had high anticipation for it and were eventually let down by it.

Turtle-Man said:
Why the Superman Returns hate? I personally thought it was a great movie. I actually felt as if the original Superman was slow. Superman Returns was a charming way to bring back the character in an exciting manner. The colours were brilliant, and the film drew you in.

The question is, why Superman's fans keep defending a movie so boring that makes people sleep?

primemover said:
I am sorry, but when 1/2, or even 2/3rd Cream of the Crop at Rotten Tomatoes, give the movie a positive review, that is hardly 'Everyone pretty much hated it', if you don't see that that is sad.

You disliked the movie, as some others did, but don't lie by saying everyone did.

first off alot of people are exxagerating on this thread in accordance with there choice for worst movie . and just to end this argument i will say sorry and you are right that i went overboard however when there are people saying that everyone hated superman returns and x-men 3 those are the people who are really going overboard, especially when both are moderately to well liked by critics and many fans. By the way the reason i said the fans hated it is because i went to the miami vice thread and everyone pretty much flames the movie non stop there.

Assassin said:
so we all agree that Clerks 2 and Borat were atleast "good"?

Clerks 2= Good

Borat= A fine piece of cinema that is hillarious and has a pretty deep message if you watch for it.

I don't know what is the WORST film of the year, but for me it's out of;

World Trade Centre
Clerks 2
Miami Vice.

I thought they were all trash. The best would be Borat followed by the Departed(which says alot about the quality of movies this year, because the departed wasn't an amazing film)

That-Guy said:
The New World

Now granted, I'm sure there are many, MANY worse movies that came out this year, but I avoided such crap as Basic Instinct 2 and The Pink Panther.

Aaaaaah! I loved the New World! It is, however, an 'aqquired taste' film. Hardly anyone i know liked it.

I agree about the way to rate worst films. I didn't see that many to be honest, i keep away from spending 10 bucks on Pink Panther or Clicks of this world. But i still can recognise that Miami Vice was ****.

I didn't like Night At The Museum, worst Ben Stiller movie of 2006.

Tojo said:
Aaaaaah! I loved the New World! It is, however, an 'aqquired taste' film. Hardly anyone i know liked it.

I agree about the way to rate worst films. I didn't see that many to be honest, i keep away from spending 10 bucks on Pink Panther or Clicks of this world. But i still can recognise that Miami Vice was ****.

I liked the new world. better than brokeback mountain was :)

Little Man
You Me and Dupree
Superman Returns
Ultraviolet
World Trade Center
Miami Vice

That-Guy said:
Yes, actually I have read other books, and not to get off-topic, I wish someone who thinks that The Da Vinci Code novel was written poorly would have a little more to say than "that book sucked" or "it's horrible" if they really feel the need to rip it apart. Otherwise, don't make assumptions about my intelligence just because I happened to like a book that was an international bestseller. The fact that it sold millions of copies and received a lot of critical praise may not by proof that it is a well-written book, but it certainly proves that I'm not alone in thinking that it was good. If you can justify calling Superman Returns a boring film simply because it made you fall asleep, then I can justify thinking that The Da Vinci Code was a well written book based upon the fact that I literally stayed up until 5 am on a workday just because I couldn't put it down.

I've elaborated at legnth in other Da Vinci Code themed threads, but don't want to throw this off topic.
The book is a horrible piece of writing. Period. If you want to read something in the same style that actually doesn't suck, try reading something by Clive Cussler, James Rollins, or Matt Reilly and then get back to me.
The fact that it sold more than most books is proof of one thing and one thing alone: Most people who read it don't read much else, if they did then lots of books would be selling the same amount of high numbers.
Blown out of proportion controversy got it on the best seller list, and being on the best seller list kept it there.
It's pathetic that good writing takes a backseat to crap like the Da Vinci Code or to childrens' novels like Harry Potter. Unlike movies, the masses don't get through a bunch of books a year. So it's a damn shame that the one time a year someone picks up a book, it's some poorly written crap like DVC. Moreso, when those people think it's a good piece of writing.

Edit:

And finally, don't hit me with that poor attempt at an anology.
"Superman making me sleep = Boring" does not equal "I read it fast= Good."
The best you could pull off would be "I read it fast=exciting" and that can be chalked up to it's writing format, not the merits of the writing itself(of which there are none).

Rez said:
I've elaborated at legnth in other Da Vinci Code themed threads, but don't want to throw this off topic.
The book is a horrible piece of writing. Period. If you want to read something in the same style that actually doesn't suck, try reading something by Clive Cussler, James Rollins, or Matt Reilly and then get back to me.
The fact that it sold more than most books is proof of one thing and one thing alone: Most people who read it don't read much else, if they did then lots of books would be selling the same amount of high numbers.
Blown out of proportion controversy got it on the best seller list, and being on the best seller list kept it there.
It's pathetic that good writing takes a backseat to crap like the Da Vinci Code or to childrens' novels like Harry Potter. Unlike movies, the masses don't get through a bunch of books a year. So it's a damn shame that the one time a year someone picks up a book, it's some poorly written crap like DVC. Moreso, when those people think it's a good piece of writing.

Edit:

And finally, don't hit me with that poor attempt at an anology.
"Superman making me sleep = Boring" does not equal "I read it fast= Good."
The best you could pull off would be "I read it fast=exciting" and that can be chalked up to it's writing format, not the merits of the writing itself(of which there are none).

The DaVinci Code is a great book, I enjoyed it a lot. And I don't give a damn if it was "bad and poorly written", that's b******.

Whoa now. No need to get upset. I don't care if you LIKED it, I like plenty of crappy things, like the American Godzilla movie(first thing that came to mind).
The key is to admit when something is bad, and to draw the line between "what is good" and "what is enjoyable."
And The Da Vinci code is poorly WRITTEN. It's a fact. I could write you an essay why, but I don't feel like wasting my time.
Once again, I will just suggest that you read something by James Rollins or Matthew Reilly- they are those types of books done right.

I actually heard World Trade Center was a good movie. I haven't seen it ye, but what sucked about it?

I think the heat Vice gets is b/c it wasn't an action film. It was a Crime/Drama, and people expected it to be Bad Boys III or something. It's a good movie. Not the greatest film ever, by no means, but it's good.

I'd say if you have HBO, check out DA ALI SHOW......Borat has some stuff happening there, and if you dig it....then you'll probably like the film.

I actually liked the Da Vinci Code. I mean, yeah.....all the hype it got was probably unworthy......and it wasn't exactly exciting for me, but it did feel like the greatest history lesson with ficition thrown in. And What the **** was up with Tom Hanks mullet.....?

When A Stranger Calls was total bull****. I hated the goddamn thing. NOTHING ****ING HAPPENED for the most of the film. Nothing happened til like the last 20 minutes.....and by then I was fed up. And, it didn't make any sense. Who the **** was the dude? What the **** happened at the end? Was she crazy? Did she dream it all? Sigh......I thought the chick did a decent job, but the movie just blew chunks.

I'm pretty sure most would agree that Ultraviolet, Under World Evoultion, Bloodrayne, Little Man, Date Movie all have to be in the running for worst film of 2006.

oh, i forgot about 'when a stranger calls' that was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (you get the idea) BAD

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I actually heard World Trade Center was a good movie. I haven't seen it ye, but what sucked about it?

Way too much reverence, every scene was either laden with images or music that seemed to be there to coax you into feeling bad or moving you to some emotion. Just came across as too manipulative, and this included some cheesy dialog and scenes.

scary movie 4, it was just to stupid to watch again

Worst Movie: Date Movie
Most Disappointing: Superman Returns

primemover said:
Way too much reverence, every scene was either laden with images or music that seemed to be there to coax you into feeling bad or moving you to some emotion. Just came across as too manipulative, and this included some cheesy dialog and scenes.
Yeah. It was a very Hollywood-esque take on the tragedy, milking it for what it's worth. It was very distasteful.

Greengrass knew what he was doing with UNITED 93, though. Simple, dressed-down, understated. It presents events, but doesn't force certain reactions.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I actually liked the Da Vinci Code. I mean, yeah.....all the hype it got was probably unworthy......and it wasn't exactly exciting for me, but it did feel like the greatest history lesson with ficition thrown in. And What the **** was up with Tom Hanks mullet.....?
But there wasn't anything remotely historically accurate about it. It's full of inaccuracies and misunderstandings. It's just a half-brained conspiracy story without much basis. That would all be forgiveable if the movie was exciting, but I was ready to walk out if I hadn't been there with a date.

Agentsands77 said:
Greengrass knew what he was doing with UNITED 93, though. Simple, dressed-down, understated. It presents events, but doesn't force certain reactions.

Definitely, that is the way to make a film about such an event.

My Super Ex Girlfriend (did that come out this year?)

Rez said:
Whoa now. No need to get upset. I don't care if you LIKED it, I like plenty of crappy things, like the American Godzilla movie(first thing that came to mind).
The key is to admit when something is bad, and to draw the line between "what is good" and "what is enjoyable."
And The Da Vinci code is poorly WRITTEN. It's a fact. I could write you an essay why, but I don't feel like wasting my time.
Once again, I will just suggest that you read something by James Rollins or Matthew Reilly- they are those types of books done right.

:woot: ... OH, go on .... write the essay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"