Superman Returns Would Parker Posey be a better Lois than Kate Bosworth?

gimmen64

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you think that Parker Posey would have been a better Lois than Kate Bosworth?

Yes. Posey is a vastly more accomplished actor that Bosworth and would have done a better job with the part of Lois. That said, the part was written extremely poorly and even Posey couldn't have give us the Lois that we should have gotten. The Lois is the film was weak (if she really loved Richard, why go on the flight with Superman and if she loved Superman, why string Richard along, etc.), a bad mother (forgot the time to pick up her son, took him into a dangerous place, then let him sit alone and terrified in the galley, what kind of mother doesn't hold her child tightly in that situation) and so on. It was a bad part, unless Lois is supposed to be spineless and a bad mother. Then I suppose it was a decent part.

gimmen64 said:
Do you think that Parker Posey would have been a better Lois than Kate Bosworth?

Now that you mention it, maybe so!!

I thought about that, but as far as I know she is pushing 40, which would be a little too old for Routh. Rachel McAdams would have been best.

Parkey Posey looked better for a Lois Lane than Bosworth did.

she had a better make-up job and wig and costume.

but as an actress would Posey be a better Lois than Bosworth?

[Lex]i dont think so[/Lex]

Actually I think Parker would have made a great Lois . Even though she's 11 years older then Brandon , I've always liked the idea of Lois being an older more expirenced journalist with Kent as a younger Johnny come lately. At least in her eyes.

Plus she has a real resembalance to Margot Kidder. I think he performance would probably be more like Teri Hatcher though . I thought Bosworth did well imo but I think Parker would have been great. Plus Parker's cute:O

YES

blade_trinity_xl_03.jpg

Nope I don't think Parker Posey , for one thing her & brandon didn't have aby Chemistry. Bosworth & Routh have Superb chemistry . Bosworth is a good Lois Lane , leave it at that .

^ see her hair should've been like that . that wing she wore was awful .

I actually went into the picture being the only one in my circle of comic book reading friends who thought Bosworth as Lois would work. I walked out saying the exact words, "Posey would've been a better fit." I didn't buy Kate in the role at all. Although honestly, neither she nor Posey could've satisfied me considering what was written.

No, I liked Bosworth a lot, Parker Posey is quiet good too though.

she woud've made a FUNNER Lois. now that i think of it...even though i think Kate did a good job, acting wise, she didn't really give her a personality. she was almost an 'every woman'.

actually...i wish Parker Posey WAS Lois. she looks beautiful when she's cleaned up...

posey02.jpg

posey01.jpg

posey06.jpg

*sigh* oh well...that's okay, i still like Kate as Lois. just not as much as i probably would've liked Parker Posey as Lois.

I think should would have good comedic chemistry with Routh's Kent .

I liked the chemistry between Superman and Kitty. When she looked at Superman as he saved her it looked like she really liked him. When Lois was with Superman it looked like was looking at her brother. I think Parker Posey is hotter and has more charisma than Kate.

The answer is no (even though I admit Bosworth is quite inconsistent in the role). Parker Posey looks older than Routh and she is simply not a leading lady material. She's fine at supporting roles, though.

ShadowBoxing said:
No, I liked Bosworth a lot, Parker Posey is quiet good too though.

Agreed, I like posey, but I thought Routh and Bosworth had very good chemistry, probably my favorite part of the whole movie is when they first see each other on the plane.

While I thought Bosworth was great, i'm sure she'll be even better in the sequel.

anyone would have been better than bosworth.

I love Parker Posey. She indeed WOULD have been a better Lois. A very risky choice that would have paid off. Bosworth was NO good as lois.

Bosworth seemed so lifeless and lackluster as Lois. I'd say yes to Posey, even though I don't particularly care for her. She has more spark than Bosworth IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"