Superman Returns Would Parker Posey be a better Lois than Kate Bosworth?

McAdams. Period.

rachel_mcadams2.jpg

McAdams could play just about any female comic book character. She has that look.

Parker Posey would've made a great Lois Lane. She has the mannerisms and look.

when she's not making goofy faces...she really is pretty...

parkerposeyout.jpg

Stewie Griffin said:
McAdams. Period.

rachel_mcadams2.jpg

If it's a decision between Bosworth and McAdams, I'll choose McAdams, hands down. McAdams is one of my favorite actresses right now and she has the beauty and the acting chops to pull just about any role off imo.

Yes, maybe McAdams might of been a good choice as well. She could be a good Lois from her prescence but who knows.

Someone might be a good actor or actress but some just aren't meant for a role and better for another beacuse of how they look and/or their prescence they emcompass.
Parker Posey is pretty but that doesn't mean they are right for the role, but who knows exactly until they actually play it.
But from my opinion, I don't think she would make a good Lois Lane.

Chemistry between Kitty and Superman? LOL... It's kinda like Miss Tesmaucher and Reeve's Superman but a bit more distant and awkward, but if you call that chemistry, thats your opinion.

Mainly only thing about Bosworth is that she is a bit too young overall, but for how old Superman looks in the movie, she matches the age for Superman.

JBElliott said:
Yes. Posey is a vastly more accomplished actor that Bosworth and would have done a better job with the part of Lois. That said, the part was written extremely poorly and even Posey couldn't have give us the Lois that we should have gotten. The Lois is the film was weak (if she really loved Richard, why go on the flight with Superman and if she loved Superman, why string Richard along, etc.), a bad mother (forgot the time to pick up her son, took him into a dangerous place, then let him sit alone and terrified in the galley, what kind of mother doesn't hold her child tightly in that situation) and so on. It was a bad part, unless Lois is supposed to be spineless and a bad mother. Then I suppose it was a decent part.

lOL

Just about anyone would have been better than Bosworth.

DorkyFresh said:
when she's not making goofy faces...she really is pretty...

parkerposeyout.jpg

wow shes actually very pretty here...:)

she didnt look to bad in Dazed and Confused either..... AIR RAID!!!!!!!

Any chance for a remake of SR with her as Lois Lane. :D

That other girl who plays Lois Lane looks like Superman is hitting on younger Girls then him. :confused:

He's 35 and she looks 24

screw mcadams, shes a piece of crap.

With out a doubt yes. The Lois part was badly written, so it is could never have been saved (yes Lois has her own stupid way of seeking out danger, but bringing her son with her? Please... And making her the half ****ty - considering adultery type?)

Singer is exceptionally good at casting the right people in the male roles(Spacey for "Usual suspects" and SR, Jackman for Wolverine, Stewart for Xavier, Routh for Superman and Mckellan for Magneto), but not in the female ones (Halle Berry as Storm, Bosworth for Lane). Maybe the problem is that he just don't get how to make interesting ladies on the big screen, though I liked Parker Poseys character (but that was a copycat of Superman I)

Thats good, I don't want McAdams in this crappy film anyway.

Dotten said:
With out a doubt yes. The Lois part was badly written, so it is could never have been saved (yes Lois has her own stupid way of seeking out danger, but bringing her son with her? Please... And making her the half ****ty - considering adultery type?)

Singer is exceptionally good at casting the right people in the male roles(Spacey for "Usual suspects" and SR, Jackman for Wolverine, Stewart for Xavier, Routh for Superman and Mckellan for Magneto), but not in the female ones (Halle Berry as Storm, Bosworth for Lane). Maybe the problem is that he just don't get how to make interesting ladies on the big screen, though I liked Parker Poseys character (but that was a copycat of Superman I)

You bring up a very interesting point. Perhaps that's why Usual Suspects is so good, it's a sausagefest. I mean, not to poke fun or any other type of slander at his sexuality, but Singer IS gay. It would only seem natural that he directs men better than women.

Parker Posey was great in Boston Legal this year. It was very close to Kidder's Lane. She would have worked, but wouldn't have been close enough in age to match Routh. McAdams can do anything, she would have been perfect.

Dotten said:

I like Janssen as Jean Grey.

Yes! I remember thinking that when i first heard about the castings. I thought it should have been reversed -- Parker as Lois and Bosworth as Lex's squeeze. Parker has the talent and the same kind of quirkiness Kidder had in order to play Lois. And since Singer was trying so hard to pay homage to the Donner films, it would have made sense.

Ironically I think Routh and Posey were the best part of SR. I've always thought Parker was cute ever since I saw her in Scream 3 .

Bosworth as Lex's squeeze may have worked considering she played Sandra Dee to his Bobby Darrin in Beyond the Sea

i was thinking posey would of made a better lois, i saw chemistry there more so than between bosworth and routh. i felt bosworth didnt match what kidder did as lois when she was with clark. seems likes bosworth was avoiding eye contact with clark the entire time, it felt a bit awkard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"