Superman Returns Would Superman Returns be suitable for the average movie goer?

I wasnt addresing you anyway " fatboy " so your cpmments really dont effect me in anyway go to the aquaman boards.

tabLengle said:
Man seriously, this is a good thread, dont ruin it. You guys ruin everything.
How's this for ruining things.....you have had one name banned (we let people come back under another name and see how they act the second time)....so this one is treading on thin ice (as well as the other names you have made)......how many of them do you want banned?

SolidSnakeMGS said:
So you're the self-designated bubble-burster? You like to rain on people's parades maybe?
I like to balance out perception.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
What kind of activist groups?
I'd rather not name names of organizations I am affiliated with. However, I can tell you what we work for. One deals with descendants of Japenese Internment families. Another deals with 3rd world working conditions for American companies. Another is with farm workers in the US. Another deals with foreign immigrants who fought for the US in different times of war and were promised equal benefits to American soldiers and immigration to the US for their families. Once they got here, those benefits were denied them although they served on US bases for the US military. Those are just a few that I've been involved with off and on.

C. Lee said:
How's this for ruining things.....you have had one name banned (we let people come back under another name and see how they act the second time)....so this one is treading on thin ice (as well as the other names you have made)......how many of them do you want banned?

Interesting...very interesting indeed.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
you thinking what I'm thinking.

It's not Saph,Saph is from the UK,this guy is clearly an American

Stepping through the revisionist history and ridiculous chest beating(Might i remind the "leave the US ppl that it is the land of freedom not subservience so an opinion is allowed) I think SR will have no problem being understood by the general audience

BTW shame on no one putting over the awesome double barreled "Formula" line from Oldguy

hunter rider said:
It's not Saph,Saph is from the UK,this guy is clearly an American

Stepping through the revisionist history and ridiculous chest beating(Might i remind the "leave the US ppl that it is the land of freedom not subservience so an opinion is allowed) I think SR will have no problem being understood by the general audience

BTW shame on no one putting over the awesome double barreled "Formula" line from Oldguy

I know HR... is was just a quick thought.

Love the avvy dude. :up:

Saw the title of the thread: thought, only someone extremely stupid, or extremely young and naive would ask a question like this.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST THREAD EVER.

Let me explain: here's a rhetorical question, why would anyone make a movie that is Not suitable for the average movie goer? WHY?

the answer: NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER DO THAT. This is because regardless of what is being sold, the primary purpose of a movie is to make $$$$$$$$. Why spend 300 million on making a movie that is only appealing to a minority demographic? WHY?

so, of course this movie is going to be accessible by the average movie goer. Not to do so would be ******ed. WB may be evil, and short sighted, but they are not stupid enough to make a movie with a budget as gigantic as Superman Returns', and only market the movie to fans who have seen the first movie.

the real question is: where has the common sense of some of the posters on this board gone? I mean come on people, it's not that complicated

skruloos said:
And I think that it's just ridiculous, close-minded, and plain ignorant to praise a country for cases of good leadership. It's not just people that have good times in their life.

The US does have its problems. Many of them. It's not the perfect place some people seem to think it to be. Is it better than a lot of places in the world? Sure. But that's not saying much.

LMAO
wow just wow where are you from so we can start bashing the country you live in for only the bad things ignoring any good it may have done because we only see the bad....
Kinda like what you are doing to the USA....:down

Seriously the bashing USA crap need to disappear from this forum its not the place this is the SR forum not the anti American forum....

skruloos said:
Ceaseless bashing? No. I only bring up the faults of the US when others are bragging about the US, such as what tabLengle was doing.

And who says that I don't? You assume that my political activities are relegated to message boards? I happen to volunteer for different activist groups.

Also, it's always funny to me that people who have problems with people criticizing the US recommend that I move.

LMAO
You wonder why people want you out of a country that you live in and bash....
The word hyprocite comes to mind try living in say china and bashing ther government yep go for it sparky....

That'll teach you Skru for daring to have an opinion that doesn't involve having your head buried in the sand:o

This thread is for discussing whether or not todays public can accept both the stereotypical "Boyscout" goodness of a superhero along with the apparent social/familial updates of the peritherial characters.......

.......not about who's government or leaders are best/worst or who does/doesn't get respect around the world. Political rants can go to community.

hunter rider said:
That'll teach you Skru for daring to have an opinion that doesn't involve having your head buried in the sand:o

Yes just because we are not bashing the country we live in we must have our heads buried in the sand right Moron....

NateGray said:
Yes just because we are not bashing the country we live in we must have our heads buried in the sand right Moron....
Actually your the moron telling Skru he basically has no right to question his governemnt,that is burying your head in the sand

C. Lee said:
This thread is for discussing whether or not todays public can accept both the stereotypical "Boyscout" goodness of a superhero along with the apparent social/familial updates of the peritherial characters.......

.......not about who's government or leaders are best/worst or who does/doesn't get respect around the world. Political rants can go to community.
This was an interesting post.

C. Lee said:
This was an interesting post.
Sorry about that C
I hope someone starts a thread on this "US love it or leave it" train of thought in community though

hunter rider said:
Actually your the moron telling Skru he basically has no right to question his governemnt,that is burying your head in the sand

Look Dipshxt....much as your pea brain cannot grasp this my head is not buried in the sand about the good or bad things the government does.
I had had enough of his bashing just for the sake of bashing even when presented with argumnents showing it is not entirely evil as he would have everyone believe.

why is this thread still here....didn't the Mod just say they would delete it well delete away kktnx....

NateGray said:
Look Dipshxt....much as your pea brain cannot grasp this my head is not buried in the sand about the good or bad things the government does.
I had had enough of his bashing just for the sake of bashing even when presented with argumnents showing it is not entirely evil as he would have everyone believe.

why is this thread still here....didn't the Mod just say they would delete it well delete away kktnx....

LOL you just proved why ppl have a view that America is full of arrogant ignorant rednecks,congrats child:up:

I don't think the thread needs to be deleted just needs to get back on track. Skruloos has brought very good points to the post to support his opinion and others have brought up very good points to support theirs.

hunter rider said:
LOL you just proved why ppl have a view that America is full of arrogant ignorant rednecks,congrats child:up:

but you see with Moron boy here insulting people it will never get back on track right ass....
So now I am a redneck right dipshxt....
not even close but I know what you are a pansy punk ass biotch who likes to bash things from the comfort of there own home and without having to fight for things you believe in because pansy's like yuy do not believe in fighting right BOY...
delete the thread

NateGray said:

Please post one more post like this in this thread....then I can put you on probation and meet my quota for the day for probating hardheaded jingnostic loudmouths.

I SAID STOP IT TWICE BEFORE....THE NEXT TIME IT'S DEFINATELY OVER WITH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"