BvS Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Wrote some new stuff for WF, inspired by the recent football game shoots. Enjoy!

EXT. METRO FIELD – DAY

WIDE: The crowd of TWENTY-THOUSAND-PLUS FANS ROARS as the Metropolis State University Falcons, in red jerseys and silver helmets, allow a first down for the Gotham City University Knights, in yellow-trimmed black jerseys and black-and-gold helmets.

CUT TO Clark Kent and Lois Lane in the thick of a RAUCOUS group of fans. One spills beer on Kent’s smartphone – and shirt.

DRUNK FAN
(slurred shouting)
God dammit, man, I’m sorry—​

The crowd ROARS AGAIN, this time ERUPTING in cheers as the Falcons intercept the ball.

DRUNK FAN
GO METRO!!!
Lois can barely contain her laughter.

KENT
(indignant)
Isn’t this usually Lombard’s thing?

LANE
He’s covering the pro game in Gotham today. Besides, Perry still has you on “stringer” duty. Just keep pulling your weight.

KENT
(smirks)
Well I’m glad to see you’re enjoying yourself.

LANE
Don’t say that just yet, we’re still down three.

KENT
Not what I was referring to.​

CUT TO:

CONTINUOUS – WAYNE’S SKYBOX

Bruce Wayne sits in a leather-backed chair, his eyes fixed on the game. Alfred, as always, is in a chair further back by a table holding a small buffet of food and coffee. The butler’s eyes flit between the game and the smartphone he is deftly thumbing, his lips muttering.

On the HD SCOREBOARDS above the field a PHOTO OF BRUCE WAYNE stares out over the fans.

ANNOUNCER (OC)
The City of Metropolis would like to thank Bruce Wayne for his generous contributions to the reconstruction efforts of Downtown Metropolis.

The image shifts to a LIVE CAMERA, and Wayne stands and steps forward to wave to the crowd, which respectfully cheers.

As Wayne turns back to retake his seat, the phone in Alfred’s hands BUZZES.

ALFRED
Sir, you have an incoming call.
Alfred turns the phone around so Wayne can see the screen:

LUCIUS Fox​

Wayne nods and pulls a BLUETOOTH out of his pocket and fastens it to his ear.

WAYNE
News?

Fox (OC)
I did some digging into S.T.A.R.S.’s recent files. Luthor retrieved some quote-“debris”-unquote from the Indian Ocean--​

WAYNE
The alien general’s world engine.

Fox
Exactly. Before he was sucked into that singularity, Emil Hammond stated that the world engine was expelling “particulates”. Luthor found that these particulates were irradiated.

WAYNE
How does this add up, Fox? I’m on a timetable here.

Fox
That chunk of jade isn’t a chunk of jade. It’s an irradiated fragment of Krypton. Post-implosion. Some fragments must’ve latched on to Zod’s ship and fell off here. The point is, even if they'd succeeded, they would've died from radiation poisoning anyway. Under our sunlight and in our atmosphere, this stuff reacts adversely to their biology.
(beat)
It’s a way to weaken him.

WAYNE
Ok. Got it. Good work, Lucius.​

Wayne removes the Bluetooth. Alfred sets the phone down.

ALFRED
Do you think it’s wise to risk exposing yourself now, sir?

WAYNE
What do you mean?

ALFRED
I thought you had intended to right the wrongs in Gotham, not meddle in things like this. It’s far easier to maintain an urban legend, sir.

WAYNE
(sighs)
Well, this is a game-changer, Alfred. And I need a contingency.​

I want a scene where Batman grudgingly asks Superman for a lift.

I like that Lone. Or perhaps he could ask for some help lifting something, and Superman does it with one hand while looking bored.

I want a scene where Bruce and Clark talk about how their parents died.

Bruce tells his story, Clark gets sad and puts his hand on Bruce's shoulder to comfort him.

Clark tells his story, Bruce lols.

I want a scene where Bruce and Clark talk about how their parents died.

Bruce tells his story, Clark gets sad and puts his hand on Bruce's shoulder to comfort him.

Clark tells his story, Bruce lols.

Something like this? :oldrazz:

tumblr_mph32ubsrp1qk5pejo1_1280.jpg

Yes, something like that.

And I want Clark to demonstrate to Bruce Pa Kent's facial expression and hand gesture that made Clark think "no, im not gonna save that dude".

I'd like there to be a couple of scenes were they show how Batman cant fight Superman on an 'even' battlefield but then if they can have a scene (maybe via red lamps) where Clark is de-powered and they show how when Clark and Bruce are both at a human power level, Clark is just as helpless as Batman was when he is at his 'God-like' power level.

I think a scene like that would help them both develop respect for each other. Clark about what it is to be human and how much of a threat they could be to him potentially and It would show Bruce how much restraint it takes Clark not to abuse his power (a common question about Batman is if he goes too far or abuses his own power).

-EXT. AFGHANISTAN DESERT

AERIAL SHOT of a US MILITARY BASE with a helicopter approaching.

ANGLE ON HELICOPTER LANDING.

GENERAL SWANWICK is on the helicopter, a WOMAN beside him, exotic and dangerous looking. This is TALIA HEAD, LEXCORP's 2nd in command.

-CUT TO:

A shot of a RADIATION METER going berserk. Camera PANS OUT. We are UNDERGROUND. This is no ordinary military base. Its a dig site with a mobile lab; it is sealed and SWANWICK'S commitive watches from behind a glass. The equipment bears LEXCORP and WAYNE ENTEPRISES' logos, with scientists in nuclear protection gear testing the radiation levels on a mysterious GREEN AND RED ROCK. The levels are off the charts. SWANWICK and TALIA look to each other in disbelief.

You do realize the Bruce Wayne he's writing is the playboy version?

Not going to lie, my first stuff I wrote had Garret Hedlund playing Bruce Wayne and channeling a slightly more refined Dude in his mannerisms. Someone Luthor would immediately underestimate more out of an actual personality clash as opposed to just seeming like an idiot.

Plus, I like the idea of Bruce being a bit of a troll.

Whenever I read a Batman comic or script like here, I always have Kevin Conroy's voice in my mind, it seemed out of place for him.

Oh, I was still thinking of Conroy's delivery and tone in Batman. I was just thinking of Bruce Wayne sounding vastly different.

Basically, my idea was that Bruce Wayne is the type of persona that people mock for being incredibly stupid as opposed to Bale's hedonistic portrayal. And then Batman is this stoic, somewhat sarcastic but always super serious and intimidating many man in his manner and tone.

Not to hijack the speculation thread as my post is something I wouldn't mind seeing as the plot of the film, and this was the most applicable thread (I think)..

Open the film with Wayne and Luthor in talks of co-funding a program to developed means of neutralising beings like Superman. Wayne understands the need but is cautious of Luthor.

As a sign of goodwill, Luthor shows him another Kryptonian ship and a possible lifeform he has discovered. They have synthesised an element that should react to the alien Superman as well.

Batman investigates Superman and meets him. He's highly suspicious of him and goads him to test him, to which Superman is wise to and says he only has to prove himself to the public, not some crazy vigilante.

Wayne discovers that Luthor is dirty after finding out about the robotising of humans in the Metallo program and pulls his funding. Luthor turns to the Govt, but because of Swannick they don't jump on board like Luthor needs. He creates a scenario that results in a soldier's 'death' (Corben) who he has turned into Metallo.

Govt backs Luthor who unleashes Metallo on Superman 'in the public interest, but by now Batman who has thoroughly investigated Luthor backs Superman and assists in taking Metallo down. It's still obvious Batman doesn't trust Superman but facts point to him being innocent so he helps.

While the public is unsure or plain terrified of them, Wayne gives Kent some information that backs up his story he's been working on about Lexcorp who is convinced by Perry to take to the govt (Swannick) rather than the press because at this point getting the govt on their side is more important for Superman (he knows he is Kent).

Swannick convinces his superiors to halt funding Lexcorp pending a full investigation.
Luthor releases the lifeform he found who rampages and in a short brutal fight dies while 'killing' Superman.

Both public and world leaders acknowledge Superman is the real hero deal and have a public funeral.

Luthor smirks that the govt doesn't like him now, but money and power always buys rich and influential friends.

End the film in the Batcave where Superman is lying unconscious in a room with concentrated uv/infrared.

Ends with Batman saying to Robin, "Luthor was right about one thing, we do need protection from beings like him.... And he's It."

Last edited:
Wrote some new stuff for WF, inspired by the recent football game shoots. Enjoy!

EXT. METRO FIELD – DAY

WIDE: The crowd of TWENTY-THOUSAND-PLUS FANS ROARS as the Metropolis State University Falcons, in red jerseys and silver helmets, allow a first down for the Gotham City University Knights, in yellow-trimmed black jerseys and black-and-gold helmets.

CUT TO Clark Kent and Lois Lane in the thick of a RAUCOUS group of fans. One spills beer on Kent’s smartphone – and shirt.

DRUNK FAN
(slurred shouting)

The crowd ROARS AGAIN, this time ERUPTING in cheers as the Falcons intercept the ball.

DRUNK FAN
GO METRO!!!

KENT
(indignant)

LANE
He’s covering the pro game in Gotham today. Besides, Perry still has you on “stringer” duty. Just keep pulling your weight.

KENT
(smirks)

LANE

KENT

CUT TO:

Bruce Wayne sits in a leather-backed chair, his eyes fixed on the game. Alfred, as always, is in a chair further back by a table holding a small buffet of food and coffee. The butler’s eyes flit between the game and the smartphone he is deftly thumbing, his lips muttering.

On the HD SCOREBOARDS above the field a PHOTO OF BRUCE WAYNE stares out over the fans.

ANNOUNCER (OC)
The City of Metropolis would like to thank Bruce Wayne for his generous contributions to the reconstruction efforts of Downtown Metropolis.

The image shifts to a LIVE CAMERA, and Wayne stands and steps forward to wave to the crowd, which respectfully cheers.

ALFRED

LUCIUS Fox​

WAYNE
News?

Fox (OC)
I did some digging into S.T.A.R.S.’s recent files. Luthor retrieved some quote-“debris”-unquote from the Indian Ocean--​

WAYNE

Fox
Exactly. Before he was sucked into that singularity, Emil Hammond stated that the world engine was expelling “particulates”. Luthor found that these particulates were irradiated.

WAYNE

Fox
That chunk of jade isn’t a chunk of jade. It’s an irradiated fragment of Krypton. Post-implosion. Some fragments must’ve latched on to Zod’s ship and fell off here. The point is, even if they'd succeeded, they would've died from radiation poisoning anyway. Under our sunlight and in our atmosphere, this stuff reacts adversely to their biology.
(beat)

WAYNE

ALFRED

WAYNE
What do you mean?

ALFRED
I thought you had intended to right the wrongs in Gotham, not meddle in things like this. It’s far easier to maintain an urban legend, sir.

WAYNE
(sighs)

This is downright amazing.

I want to see a fight scene with Batman going on an all out offense while Superman just sticks to defense. I want to watch Superman go into "this ends NOW" mode and end the fight immediately when he's had enough of Batman's bull-****.

EXT. METRO FIELD – DAY

DRUNK FAN
(slurred shouting)

DRUNK FAN
GO METRO!!!

KENT
(indignant)

LANE

KENT
(smirks)

LANE

KENT

CUT TO:

ANNOUNCER (OC)

ALFRED

LUCIUS Fox​

WAYNE
News?

Fox (OC)

WAYNE

Fox

WAYNE

Fox
(beat)

WAYNE

ALFRED

WAYNE
What do you mean?

ALFRED

WAYNE
(sighs)

This is really really great.

It was really good, but I want Lucius to stay far away from this movie. Everything Fox told Bruce in that scene should've been discovered by Bruce. He's the world's greatest detective.

It was really good, but I want Lucius to stay far away from this movie. Everything Fox told Bruce in that scene should've been discovered by Bruce. He's the world's greatest detective.

Ha, see I'm actually on the other side. I love the idea of Lucius Fox, however for this go-round I thought he'd be more useful as a hacker/experimental engineer than a Q.

But dammit if you're not right, Power. I think I'll change up the ending of the Bruce/Lucius dialogue so that Bruce comes to the conclusion that it could weaken him before Lucius finishes :hehe:

But thank all of you for the compliments!! :woot:

I think I'll just start writing the major scenes for the plot points I envision happening in the story.

The Joker: "Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light?"

Batfleck: "Actually...... Yeah"

The Joker: "................ Really?"

Batfleck: "Yeah............. I was in Dogma"

The Joker: "..................:doh:"

New (and some improved) stuff!! Enjoy! :awesome:

Bruce Wayne sits in a leather-backed chair, his eyes fixed on the game.

Alfred, as always, sits in a chair further back by a table holding a small buffet and bar. The butler’s eyes flit between the game and the smartphone he is deftly thumbing, his lips muttering.

ANNOUNCER (OC)
The City of Metropolis would like to thank Wayne Enterprises and its CEO Bruce Wayne for his generous contributions to the reconstruction efforts of Downtown Metropolis.

The image shifts to a LIVE CAMERA. Wayne puts on a fake smile, stands and steps forward to wave to the crowd, which respectfully cheers.

ALFRED

WAYNE
Secure?

LUCIUS Fox​

ALFRED
When is it ever not, sir?​

WAYNE
News?

Fox (OC)
I did some digging into S.T.A.R.’s recent files. Luthor retrieved some quote-“debris”-unquote from the Indian Ocean--

WAYNE

Fox
Right. Before he was sucked into that singularity, Emil Hammond stated that the world engine was expelling “particulates” to make the atmosphere more like their homeworld’s. Well get this. Luthor found that these particulates were irradiated. That chunk of jade on Luthor’s desk isn’t a chunk of jade. It’s an irradiated fragment of Krypton itself. Post-implosion. Some fragments must’ve latched on to Zod’s ship and fell off here. The point is this stuff reacts adversely to his biology--

WAYNE
It’s a way to weaken him. So even if they’d succeeded in terraforming the planet, they’d have died anyway.

Fox
Exactly. Because of their exposure to the sun’s radiation, their bodies couldn’t process this other radiation, so the body would just instinctively shut down to avoid any further damage.

WAYNE
Lucius, I need you to find out how much of this material Luthor has and where he has it. Fast.​

Wayne removes the Bluetooth. Alfred sets the phone down. Wayne catches the slight sadness emanating from the dapper Englishman.

WAYNE
What is it, Alfred?

ALFRED
Nothing, Master Bruce. Just a minor gripe, if you will.

WAYNE
Aren't minor gripes kind of your thing?

ALFRED
Too true, my boy, too true... But do you think it wise to risk exposing yourself now, sir?

WAYNE
What do you mean?

ALFRED
I thought you had intended to right the wrongs in Gotham, not meddle in affairs of this magnitude. It’s far easier to maintain an urban legend.

WAYNE
(sighs)

The phone on the table BUZZES again, this time with an incoming email. Alfred unlocks the phone and hands it to Bruce, who reads:

TO: Malone, M.

427 Park Ridge Blvd. Bakerline.

ALFRED
Your Fox digs quickly, sir.

WAYNE
Make sure the car is ready.​

EXT. METROPOLIS, BAKERLINE – NIGHT

The spires of the New Troy District skyscrapers, gilded in light, illuminate the backdrop of the Bakerline neighborhood. The buildings are far more square and utilitarian. A few streetlights flicker or are out completely. More reminiscent of Gotham on a good night than Metropolis.

The WHIR of a powerful electric motor cuts through the silence, and we come face-to-face with the visage of a SLEEK, BLACK LAMBORGHINI EGOISTA-looking car, bestially graceful and intimidatingly mesmerizing.

CUT TO:

INT. BATMOBILE

BATMAN sits at the helm, activating a semi-3D holographic touchscreen on the windshield in front of him. A map of Metropolis’s complex grid of streets and side streets illuminates the interior of the car with faint ORANGE light. A pulsating BLUE DOT identifies his objective.

The DEMONIC COWL covering the upper half of his face obscures Bruce Wayne’s visage. The thoughtful frown across his lips clashes unsettlingly with the feral expression of anger and predatory rage sculpted into the mask itself. He depresses the side of the cowl near his ear, and we can hear the CLICKING of hidden microphones under the devil-horn-like “ears”. And then, two LENSES slide over his eyes.

BATMAN
Alfred?

ALFRED (OC)
(through ear-mics)
I still think this is a very bad idea, sir.​

BATMAN
Good. Mics are working. I’m going to need to make a stop before I commit my thousandth breaking and entering.

ALFRED
What do you mean?​

BATMAN
I mean I have to get a sample of the fragment’s radiation so Fox can confirm the other samples’ location.

ALFRED
Oh, dear. So in actuality you have to make your thousandth breaking and entering...first. Well, now the reason for you stashing the car, as it were, makes more sense.​

BATMAN
You worry too much, old man. I’ll be in touch.​

EXT. STREET, CONTINUOUS

The hood of the car SLIDES back, and Batman stands, under the flickering light of a faulty streetlight. His cape DRAPES over his broad shoulders like a cloak. The STEAM coming from a sewer merely adds to the menacing, ghostly aura he exudes. Batman raises his hand, and FIRES A GUN, FLYING INTO THE AIR!

TRACKING SHOTS:

Batman’s cape flaps behind him like a pair of dragon’s wings. At the height of his arc the grapple detaches and WHIRS back into the gun. Batman lands with grace and precision on a rooftop in a fluid sprint before leaping off and firing the grappling hook again.

Batman finally comes to rest at LEXCORP TOWER, on the landing just outside of Luthor’s Executive Suite.

Batman pulls a GLASSCUTTER from under his cape and adheres it to the window. He stops and stands back, pressing his left ear.

BATMAN
Fox.

Fox (OC)
(through mild static)
Talk to me.

BATMAN
The security--

Fox
(interrupts, pleased)
Already taken care of. You’re clear.

Batman nods, and deftly cuts a PERFECT CIRCLE in the glass. He removes the glasscutter and steps back. He takes a running start, and with naught but a WHOOSH dives through the hole, tucking and rolling and landing perfectly in front of Luthor’s desk.

He approaches the mahogany behemoth, lightly grazing the surface with his gloved hands. There appears to be nothing.

CLOSE ON: Under the desk, Batman’s gloved hand finds a single SWITCH.

CLICK.

A HISS, and now sitting atop the desk is the Kryptonite fragment. Batman takes out a small SAW and a test tube.

VOICE (OC)
OK, so, two questions.​

Not losing his composure, Batman looks up. FLOATING, arms folded, cape billowing in the gentle eastern breeze, Superman stares down Batman.

It’s impossible to tell what Batman is thinking through those white lenses, but his snarling lips betray him as he rises.

SUPERMAN
One, who are you and what are you doing here. Two...what’s with the getup?

BATMAN
That’s actually three questions. I would think that, as an investigative journalist, you’d know that.
(sneers)
Clark.

SUPERMAN
(shocked)
How do you--?

BATMAN
Relax. If a secret’s safe with anyone, Kal-El, it’s safe with me.

SUPERMAN
Who still hasn’t told me who he is...​

Superman stops, and concentrates, staring...

POV: Wavelengths FLASH before our eyes as Superman stares at Batman. We can see beneath the suit, his muscles, his bones, his PUMPING HEART. But when Superman focuses in on the cowl...nothing.

BATMAN
I’ll be damned. Took a shot in the dark with the lead.​

Superman steps onto the balcony. His eyes GLOW, a FIERY RED, and an arch in the wall-to-ceiling glass MELTS AWAY.

BATMAN
That might not be such a good idea...

SUPERMAN
Either you remove your mask, or I’m gonna have to...your call.​

But as Superman approaches the desk he stumbles. Then staggers. Falling to the ground he convulses, spitting blood.

BATMAN
Sh**. Amateurs. Hang on...​

He quickly slips the WHOLE FRAGMENT into a small LEAD-LINED CASE and hurries to help Superman up.

BATMAN
A piece this small, at fifteen feet... Jesus... might want to not mention this on your dating profile, Clark.​

Last edited:
New (and some improved) stuff!! Enjoy! :awesome:

Bruce Wayne sits in a leather-backed chair, his eyes fixed on the game.

Alfred, as always, sits in a chair further back by a table holding a small buffet and bar. The butler’s eyes flit between the game and the smartphone he is deftly thumbing, his lips muttering.

ANNOUNCER (OC)
The City of Metropolis would like to thank Wayne Enterprises and its CEO Bruce Wayne for his generous contributions to the reconstruction efforts of Downtown Metropolis.

The image shifts to a LIVE CAMERA. Wayne puts on a fake smile, stands and steps forward to wave to the crowd, which respectfully cheers.

ALFRED

WAYNE
Secure?

LUCIUS Fox​

ALFRED
When is it ever not, sir?​

WAYNE
News?

Fox (OC)
I did some digging into S.T.A.R.S.’s recent files. Luthor retrieved some quote-“debris”-unquote from the Indian Ocean--

WAYNE

Fox
Right. Before he was sucked into that singularity, Emil Hammond stated that the world engine was expelling “particulates” to make the atmosphere more like their homeworld’s. Well get this. Luthor found that these particulates were irradiated. That chunk of jade on Luthor’s desk isn’t a chunk of jade. It’s an irradiated fragment of Krypton itself. Post-implosion. Some fragments must’ve latched on to Zod’s ship and fell off here. The point is this stuff reacts adversely to his biology--

WAYNE
It’s a way to weaken him. So even if they’d succeeded in terraforming the planet, they’d have died anyway.

Fox
Exactly. Because of their exposure to the sun’s radiation, their bodies couldn’t process this other radiation, so the body would just instinctively shut down to avoid any further damage.

WAYNE
Lucius, I need you to find out how much of this material Luthor has and where he has it. Fast.​

Wayne removes the Bluetooth. Alfred sets the phone down. Wayne catches the slight sadness emanating from the dapper Englishman.

WAYNE
What is it, Alfred?

ALFRED
Nothing, Master Bruce. Just a minor gripe, if you will.

WAYNE
Aren't minor gripes kind of your thing?

ALFRED
Too true, my boy, too true... But do you think it wise to risk exposing yourself now, sir?

WAYNE
What do you mean?

ALFRED
I thought you had intended to right the wrongs in Gotham, not meddle in affairs of this magnitude. It’s far easier to maintain an urban legend.

WAYNE
(sighs)

The phone on the table BUZZES again, this time with an incoming email. Alfred unlocks the phone and hands it to Bruce, who reads:

TO: Malone, M.

427 Park Ridge Blvd. Bakerline.

ALFRED
Your Fox digs quickly, sir.

WAYNE
Make sure the car is ready.​

EXT. METROPOLIS, BAKERLINE – NIGHT

The spires of the New Troy District skyscrapers, gilded in light, illuminate the backdrop of the Bakerline neighborhood. The buildings are far more square and utilitarian. A few streetlights flicker or are out completely. More reminiscent of Gotham on a good night than Metropolis.

The WHIR of a powerful electric motor cuts through the silence, and we come face-to-face with the visage of a SLEEK, BLACK LAMBORGHINI EGOISTA-looking car, bestially graceful and intimidatingly mesmerizing.

CUT TO:

INT. BATMOBILE

BATMAN sits at the helm, activating a semi-3D holographic touchscreen on the windshield in front of him. A map of Metropolis’s complex grid of streets and side streets illuminates the interior of the car with faint ORANGE light. A pulsating BLUE DOT identifies his objective.

The DEMONIC COWL covering the upper half of his face obscures Bruce Wayne’s visage. The thoughtful frown across his lips clashes unsettlingly with the feral expression of anger and predatory rage sculpted into the mask itself. He depresses the side of the cowl near his ear, and we can hear the CLICKING of hidden microphones under the devil-horn-like “ears”. And then, two LENSES slide over his eyes.

BATMAN
Alfred?

ALFRED (OC)
(through ear-mics)
I still think this is a very bad idea, sir.​

BATMAN
Good. Mics are working. I’m going to need to make a stop before I commit my thousandth breaking and entering.

ALFRED
What do you mean?​

BATMAN
I mean I have to get a sample of the fragment’s radiation so Fox can confirm the other samples’ location.

ALFRED
Oh, dear. So in actuality you have to make your thousandth breaking and entering...first. Well, now the reason for you stashing the car, as it were, makes more sense.​

BATMAN
You worry too much, old man. I’ll be in touch.​

EXT. STREET, CONTINUOUS

The hood of the car SLIDES back, and Batman stands, under the flickering light of a faulty streetlight. His cape DRAPES over his broad shoulders like a cloak. The STEAM coming from a sewer merely adds to the menacing, ghostly aura he exudes. Batman raises his hand, and FIRES A GUN, FLYING INTO THE AIR!

TRACKING SHOTS:

Batman’s cape flaps behind him like a pair of dragon’s wings. At the height of his arc the grapple detaches and WHIRS back into the gun. Batman lands with grace and precision on a rooftop in a fluid sprint before leaping off and firing the grappling hook again.

Batman finally comes to rest at LEXCORP TOWER, on the landing just outside of Luthor’s Executive Suite.

Batman pulls a GLASSCUTTER from under his cape and adheres it to the window. He stops and stands back, pressing his left ear.

BATMAN
Fox.

Fox (OC)
(through mild static)
Talk to me.

BATMAN
The security--

Fox
(interrupts, pleased)
Already taken care of. You’re clear.

Batman nods, and deftly cuts a PERFECT CIRCLE in the glass. He removes the glasscutter and steps back. He takes a running start, and with naught but a WHOOSH dives through the hole, tucking and rolling and landing perfectly in front of Luthor’s desk.

He approaches the mahogany behemoth, lightly grazing the surface with his gloved hands. There appears to be nothing.

CLOSE ON: Under the desk, Batman’s gloved hand finds a single SWITCH.

CLICK.

A HISS, and now sitting atop the desk is the Kryptonite fragment. Batman takes out a small SAW and a test tube.

VOICE (OC)
OK, so, two questions.​

Not losing his composure, Batman looks up. FLOATING, arms folded, cape billowing in the gentle eastern breeze, Superman stares down Batman.

It’s impossible to tell what Batman is thinking through those white lenses, but his snarling lips betray him as he rises.

SUPERMAN
One, who are you and what are you doing here. Two...what’s with the getup?

BATMAN
That’s actually three questions. I would think that, as an investigative journalist, you’d know that.
(sneers)
Clark.

SUPERMAN
(shocked)
How do you--?

BATMAN
Relax. If a secret’s safe with anyone, Kal-El, it’s safe with me.

SUPERMAN
Who still hasn’t told me who he is...​

Superman stops, and concentrates, staring...

POV: Wavelengths FLASH before our eyes as Superman stares at Batman. We can see beneath the suit, his muscles, his bones, his PUMPING HEART. But when Superman focuses in on the cowl...nothing.

BATMAN
I’ll be damned. Took a shot in the dark with the lead.​

Superman steps onto the balcony. His eyes GLOW, a FIERY RED, and an arch in the wall-to-ceiling glass MELTS AWAY.

BATMAN
That might not be such a good idea...

SUPERMAN
Either you remove your mask, or I’m gonna have to...your call.​

But as Superman approaches the desk he stumbles. Then staggers. Falling to the ground he convulses, spitting blood.

BATMAN
Sh**. Amateurs. Hang on...​

He quickly slips the WHOLE FRAGMENT into a small LEAD-LINED CASE and hurries to help Superman up.

BATMAN
A piece this small, at fifteen feet... Jesus... might want to not mention this on your dating profile, Clark.​

Yes, that is the exact way I want Batman to find out Superman's identity. I loved the ending

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"