wtf? crazy neighbor...

Zaed

Le Big Mac
Reaction score
My wife and i just recently bought a house and we started moving our stuff over the weekend but since we are in our current house until the end of July we are taking our time moving everything over. The house has a very large back yard which pretty much is open to the neighbors back yard. Our yard has a nice big garden in it an a fire pit near the garden. When we were looking at the house before deciding to buy it i noticed that the garden was full of plants and i assumed it was the owners plants so i didnt ask anything about it.

Well yesterday evening i was out putting together our patio set and i see the neighbor in the back walk over into our garden and start doing work in it. Even though i didnt know what he was doing in there it didnt really bother me cause we arent gardeners and i was planning on removing the garden anyways so i didnt say anything to him. About two hours later i look out our back bay window and i see the neighbor couple and two other friends around a roaring fire in our fire pit. I went out there to kind of greet them and see what was up. Turns out that the previous home owners and the neighbors were really good friends so the neighbors pretty much considered the backyards to be one big one.

So now im faced with the dilema of continuing this relationship with the neighbors or telling them that i dont want them to just do stuff in our garden and light bonfires in our yard.

What would you guys do in situations like this? I kind of muttered to my wife that i was gonna put up a fence but she gave me a bad look...

Ten foot electrified fence with razor-wire across the top. :up:

jag

I think you got to talk it out with them. Tell them for the time being you aren't really comfortable with them having complete access to your yard and that if they want to work in the garden or have a fire with friends to let you know first. That it's just for now since you don't really know each other and in time you can adjust the rules as you see fit.

Personally I would think them very rude for what they did since they knew their previous neighbours had moved out. I mean had they even introduced themselves too you and told you what it was like? If not that's just really bad manners.

Your neighbors are idiots. Don't they realize that you are "new" neighbors and therefore what worked last time won't work this time? There isn't really a good way to handle this because even if you tell them nicely not to use your fire pit or your garden, it's going to create instant animosity. Best case, your neighbors will hate you. Worst case, your neighbors may make living there uncomfortable.

Mrh7448 said:
I think you got to talk it out with them. Tell them for the time being you aren't really comfortable with them having complete access to your yard and that if they want to work in the garden or have a fire with friends to let you know first. That it's just for now since you don't really know each other and in time you can adjust the rules as you see fit.

Personally I would think them very rude for what they did since they knew their previous neighbours had moved out. I mean had they even introduced themselves too you and told you what it was like? If not that's just really bad manners.

^^^^^^

:up: :up: :up:

jag

Erzengel said:
Your neighbors are idiots. Don't they realize that you are "new" neighbors and therefore what worked last time won't work this time? There isn't really a good way to handle this because even if you tell them nicely not to use your fire pit or your garden, it's going to create instant animosity. Best case, your neighbors will hate you. Worst case, your neighbors may make living there uncomfortable.

A good excuse to fence in the back yard would be to get a big dog like a Rottweiler or something. That gives him a reason to do it without having to offend his neighbors.

jag

I'd start with mrh's idea and if they continued to show poor manners and made a nuisance of themselves, build a fence. If you want to be a dick and get your point across build a six-foot fence that only runs between your yard and theirs. They'll get the point.

i have formulated a plan!!*evil cackle*

We have two dogs, one of which is a large Husky/Lab mix.
Whenever i see the neighbors in our back yard im going to unleash my beasts upon them and watch them flee back into their homes! Am i genious or what?? :up:

jaguarr said:
A good excuse to fence in the back yard would be to get a big dog like a Rottweiler or something. That gives him a reason to do it without having to offend his neighbors.

jag

Good idea. :up:

the neighbors will poison the rotweiller!
Then they'll sneak into your house while you're on vacation, dress in your clothes and lick all your silverware!
Flee!

Good excuse for a fence, poor excuse to buy a dog

You should lay traps and when they step in it they are pulled upside down from the tree.

Zaed said:
i have formulated a plan!!*evil cackle*

We have two dogs, one of which is a large Husky/Lab mix.
Whenever i see the neighbors in our back yard im going to unleash my beasts upon them and watch them flee back into their homes! Am i genious or what?? :up:

I'd be careful with that. Could backfire in the form of lawsuits, spurring an ongoing feud, or even get your dogs hurt. I'd say you have the perfect excuse to fence in the yard completely, though, in your two dogs. You need a safe haven for them when you are not home, and a fence in back would allow that. :up:

jag

I got a back-up plan which is far more brilliant than i ever thought of!
I got a 6 foot laminated Spiderman stand up that i got from the local theater from the release of the Spiderman movie. I'm going to place that standup on just our side of the property line facing the neighbors and see how they react!

I'll let Spidey judge them! :spidey:

Zaed said:
I got a 6 foot laminated Spiderman stand up that i got from the local theater from the release of the Spiderman movie. I'm going to place that standup on just our side of the property line facing the neighbors and see how they react!

If I were your neighbor and you did that to me just to be a freak and try to f**k with me, I'd steal it when you weren't looking and never admit that I did it. I'd then proceed to mess with you in new and inventive ways on a daily basis. :) Either build a fence under the premise of protecting your dogs or man up and go over and tell your neighbors you're really not comfortable with them being in your yard. Being overly subversive is just going to cause more problems in the long run.

jag

the only reasonable solution to this is to perform a 'Mola Ram" style human sacrifice in your fire pit. Once they've seen you pull someone's heart from their chest and it explode into flames, they wont come within a 100 feet of your back yard :up:

SHAK TEE DAAAYYY!!!!

Zaed said:

Hmm dog and fence sound better :up: Or put explosives in the fire pit, they wont think too quick to use it again ;)

Just freak out and curse wildly at them one day. Then have your wife apologize and tell them youre bipolar. Theyll never bother you again.

Abaddon said:
Just freak out and curse wildly at them one day. Then have your wife apologize and tell them youre bipolar. Theyll never bother you again.
I always thought Bipolar was when you liked woman and polar bears?

i personally would put up a fence and just say you and your wife like some private time and then just invite them over when YOU want .. i believe in being kind but not being ran over by people esp. those you havent even met yet

heaven forbid they get hurt in your yard ..what then?

How about you just let them do whatever they want, but whenever they come over, go out naked and hang with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"