• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

WTF is going on????

From the loks of things this 'Downtime' wasn't planned...

Anyone know if MSN is working again?

It would be nice if they let their customers know the service would be down though...at least so people don't get extremely frustrated, hate microsoft even more, and want to throw their xbox out a window (all of which refer to me the past 3 days)

Well, mine certainly hasn't been down, just a good bit slower then normal.

I think mine's freezing because I got the red rings a few days ago when a power outage occured. I'm going to have to call Microsoft and ask them to send me a coffin :(

The last i heard, MS will compensate gold members for not being able to get into Live during the holidays.
I wonder what it is?

The last i heard, MS will compensate gold members for not being able to get into Live during the holidays.
I wonder what it is?

An extra free month of gold membership. :woot: :up:

hope so... though it's probably just going to be a load of gamer credits

Just to clarify, are people's problems, with LIVE in general, or just getting to connect at the Dashboard?

Getting onto Halo 3 matchmaking works fine, as well as any other online game. But the second I go into the Dashboard, I'm stuck at the (loading) rotating circle screen. This applies to all the blades.

I'm guessing this problem applies to people that have had their console set to go to the dashboard at start-up, instead of the game?

It was connecting to live itself... in my case anyway. I could connect to my profile on the dashboard but then the profile wasn't connecting to XBL.

BUT IT IS NOW!!!!! (Yay)

Now to sort out all this HDTV kaboodle......*Scratches head*

It's been hit or miss. I don't think they are totally fixed yet, it just kind of depends on when you get on, or at least that's the way its been for me. Yesterday I actually had pretty good functionality, considering the few days before that, but it still seems kind of slow. Dashboard worked fine for me it was trying to actually get a game going that was the problem. Still a little whacked out in COD last night, but it wasn't that bad. I mean at least you could get IN games consistently which is more than I could say about it over the weekend.

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:
During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten
General Manager, Xbox LIVE
Gamertag: Notwen

an arcade game???? to replace the lost days of connection AND waste of subscription for the said days of no XBL......

Pathetic.

I'm still going to stay with the Xbox though

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:
During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten

Was this sent out over Live or posted on the XBOX forums or something?

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten

Fair enough. But what's this about a free Live arcade game? Does that mean, like...ANY game we want, or will there be a specific title available in the coming days/weeks.

an arcade game???? to replace the lost days of connection AND waste of subscription for the said days of no XBL......

Pathetic.

I'm still going to stay with the Xbox though

Man, $50 for a year works out to about $.14 per day. You lost all of $.42 - $.57 cents (if your Live was completely and utterly down). What do you want them to give you for that? :confused:

Fair enough. But what's this about a free Live arcade game? Does that mean, like...ANY game we want, or will there be a specific title available in the coming days/weeks.

It makes it sound like they'll either let you choose from a small list or just a single specific game. I doubt it will be any game you want.

They've given away free games before and they never had to "share specific details in the coming weeks" so yeah, I would guess they're coming up with some sort of list to choose from. Of course it might be easier to just deposit 400 points in everyone's account. Either way, I think it's very generous of them.

[EDIT]

Also, guitarsingerguy, I saw it on Major Nelson's site and it has also been posted on xbox.com.

it also takes me awhile to sign in sometimes. It would load and load and load. and never connect

A list is good, better then one game only, that many will hate, either because they already have it or they don´t want it.

I hope the list isn't a bunch of crappy games no one wants...

Well, free is free, so I'll be happy with whatever they give away. However, they seem to be in a pretty jovial mood with all the success they've had over the holidays, so it's entirely possible they'll have a list of quality games to choose from. I just hope it includes Metal Slug or Puzzle Quest.

I wouldn't mind some Ultimate MK 3, or Castlevania. I'm pretty sure there is a Castlevania game for download, I think

Well, free is free, so I'll be happy with whatever they give away. However, they seem to be in a pretty jovial mood with all the success they've had over the holidays, so it's entirely possible they'll have a list of quality games to choose from. I just hope it includes Metal Slug or Puzzle Quest.
I can garante you are in for a disappointment....

Metal Slug came out two days ago, and Puzzle Quest, not only a multiplatform game for every console and PC (except the PS3), it´s 1200 Microsoft points (for the exact same reason, it´s a retail game that came out on xbla instead of in stores).

But hey, free or not, get Puzzle Quest, it´s by far the best xbla game out there, it´s simply amazing.
Can´t wait for Galactrix, puzzle quest sequal set in space

^ I realized that after I posted it, but I guess a guy can still hope. Anyway, my point was that I don't think Microsoft is just going to dump Joust or Robotron on us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"