WWII Thriller "Overlord" is Cloverfield 4

Looks kinda cool. I guess it has no connections to the other Cloverfield movies, though they really have no connection to one another anyway so I guess it doesn't matter whether it's part of that series or not.

It's not really meant to be scary I don't think, just one of those classic pulp horror stories from back in the day.

It kinda reminds me of that Wolfenstein game where you fight demon Nazis.

This looks a lot more schlocky and b-movie than I expected and not necessarily in a good way. Kinda disappointed tbh but maybe that's just how the trailer was edited.

Honestly looks pretty bad, and the AC/DC didn't really fit for me.

I always roll my eyes when people say things like "This is either going to be great or terrible," just because a lot of the stuff they try to pin that on just doesn't inspire those kinds of extremes within me.

I think it definitely applies here, though. This is either going to be a fun roller coaster ride or a steaming pile of ****.

That looks very fun. Nice little treat for Halloween.

I'm surprised it's taken this long to get a film like this. The nazis are the perfect mad scientists. They did some horrendous grisly experiments on humans and were interested in the occult. A horror film based around a nazi experiment or nazi occultism during the war practically writes itself and yet somehow Hollywood hasnt tried it out until now. Wtf, Hollywood?

I'm surprised it's taken this long to get a film like this. The nazis are the perfect mad scientists. They did some horrendous grisly experiments on humans and were interested in the occult. A horror film based around a nazi experiment or nazi occultism during the war practically writes itself and yet somehow Hollywood hasnt tried it out until now. Wtf, Hollywood?

The first Hellboy film? Kinda...

Does look interesting and I do want to see this. Not sure that's the best title though. Keeps making think of Lord Ainz.

latest

The movie's being screened right now at Fantastic Fest in Austin, TX. Keep an eye out tomorrow or so for reactions.....

Give him that Escape from NY remake already

The hell? How is "Overlord" not an appropriate/non-weird title? It's literally the codename of the operation of the Allies setting foot in mainland Europe for the first time.

The hell? How is "Overlord" not an appropriate/non-weird title? It's literally the codename of the operation of the Allies setting foot in mainland Europe for the first time.

Because of its association to Lord Ainz Ooal Gown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"