Days of Future Past X-Men: Days of Future Past on DVD/BLU-RAY

Seemed like it was a one-take and then go. I expected a lot more of director and actress..

Exactly. There is no 'breathing space' in that scene for acting/character to come through. Obviously time was seriously running out in the story, but still it needed a bit more of Singer's usual care and thought to make it a moment or two longer.

Well, my Blu-ray arrived and I watched it, and some of the bonus features, last night.

Yay! Still love it.

Minor things bug me a tiny bit....

When Storm says 'no but we can slow them down', she lowers her head and then takes off so quickly it just seems too fast. I'd have liked that to have been at a slightly slower pace. I also wonder why Magneto didn't crush some of the Sentinel carrier ships as they approached the monastery. We know from X2 that he can control a jet from a considerable distance, we know from X3 that he can scrunch metal vehicles, and we know that the carrier ships had metal in them because he stopped all the metal wreckage from the exlosion. However, I love the scene where he moves the jet and Storm blows it up.

I also didn't like McXavier's f-word and felt it was gratuitous and unnecessary. Wolverine could have grabbed him before he had chance to utter it.

Apart from that, all is fantastically excellent! :woot:

I feel like it they would've had ️Storm fly more then it would'nt have felt so rushed

I think that's the point though, Storm had to act quickly, time was running out.

I always got the impression that Magneto stopped the metal bits of the ship and the carriers were made from something non-metal

The Blu Ray/ Digital Copy combo pack is on sale on Best Buy website for 10 bucks RIGHT NOW if anyone is interested. It's apart of their pre Black Friday sales thing. I just ordered mine as a christmas gift to myself even though I probably will double dip when the extended Rouge edition comes out next year. 10 bucks was hard to beat HA.

I always got the impression that Magneto stopped the metal bits of the ship and the carriers were made from something non-metal

I think so too because, other wise he would've made the carries crash into each other.

The past Sentinels were already non-metal because of Magneto, it would be going backwards if the future Sentinel technology used metal.

I watched the dvd recently. I think I got used to the theater version bc i didn't really enjoy it as much. That said, I can't wait to watch the next x film in theaters!

Normally, I would have gotten this film (or most comic book/superhero films) on Blu-ray on release day, but already knowing that there will be a "Rogue Cut" beforehand, I purposefully haven't bought it. That being said, there have been about 3 occasions where I've almost given in to temptation and bought the theatrical copy lol.

The Wolverine came with the Extended Cut and Theatrical version, so I'm quite certain that's what we'll get in the "Rogue Cut" bundle.

News about Rogue cut:

2sahvnt.jpg

Why so late? That sucks. I'm guessing they wanna include Apocalypse stuff

No hurry. I've watched DOFP a good 30 times now. Summer will come.

News about Rogue cut:

2sahvnt.jpg

Damn. I skipped out on buying it bc I thought both cuts would be included. Its at least 6 months off. Hopefully things change and there will be a complete edition. Who am I kidding. They'll save that for before Apocalypse is released

DOFP Blu-ray is $10 right now in Canada. Come on you guys can't spare US$8.50? :oldrazz:

It definitely sounds like there will be some form Apocalypse feature in it because by then they will be shooting. Possibly something like the X2 thing on X-Men 1.5, Fingers crossed anyhoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"