'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, May 21, 2013.

1. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Its a X-Men movie and Wolverine is one of the major characters of this movie series. They aren't gonna give the time traveler role (which is a key role) to a supporting character like Shadowcat or Rogue.

2. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

You don't know that
    Besides, the last times he led he didn't have a warm reception, and he doesn't look to get any better reception with Wolverine 2.

3. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Especilly since hugh Is still working and both Anna Paquin and Ellen Page are done.

Inless Xavier goes through the mind swap and seeks out wolverine of 1973 help It's wolverine who Is time traveler.

4. psylockolussus

Ummm its a fact that Wolverine is one of the MAJOR characters in this movie series.

And about Wolverine 2, if you haven't reading the news lately, there's a good reaction from the previews that were screened to the press.

Origins/Last Stand weren't hated by the casual viewers to downgrade Wolverine as a supporting character.

5. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I just hope that if Logan does have to be such a big part of the movie it will be in a supportive role. In the X-Men comics, he's much better as the rebel team member that makes fun of everything and everyone but eventually follows their orders.

If Xavier is the sole "mind-swap" character, then I hope Logan's role in the future scenes is short and we get that classic death scene earlier rather than later. Then he can go ahead and shine in the 70s part of the movie after Xavier recruits him.

6. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

As someone else said on here recently, I doubt Xavier will be the mind swap character. Mainly because it limits the character development of the 1973 Xavier. James will be playing the 20xx version of the character in the 1973 body, who has already lived through this experience. Whereas Patrick Stewart will be playing the 1973 version in the 20xx body.

Yes, you could say that 1973 Xavier will be shaped by his experience of the awful future, but I'd find it a strange choice, especially since the majority of the film is set in the past. You know what I mean?

7. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

I know, I just think Famke fits better than Evan Peters (even if it's not credit order, it would be odd to put Peters in front of Berry). Halle received higher billing than Famke in the first two films because the ensemble is alphabetical listing (and then obviously Halle renegotiated for X3 top billing). Maybe there is some other star out there that is coming on board. Or maybe Bryan pulled some strings and got Famke higher billing because he likes her way more than Halle lol. I'm still not convinced that Famke's even in the movie!

Famke has had one of her biggest years ever though - $600 million combined gross of Taken 2 and Hansel and Gretel and top lining a hit tv show. She is also being promoted as one of the stars of the Wolverine and will be doing press/promotion and premieres for that film. That gives her some visibility in the industry (but yeah, the billing before Berry would still be a stretch).

8. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Don't want to get my hopes up either. But silently praying that she is in the film.

9. Alison Blaire

Alison Blaire Well-Known Member

I pray for this,she will be in this movie,also will action scenes with her.I 'm convinced.:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

10. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

I honestly think there will ba an action scene with jean and I also think cyclops will be in an action scene, if singer can bring these characters back early In the film i think he will do

11. psylockolussus

I just hope they aren't bringing these characters back way too early. One of the problems with X3 was they killed and depowered a couple of characters in the movie like Mystique, Rogue, Jean, Magneto, Cyclops and Professor X. Then there might be a problem in DOFP, if they are undoing it all in just 1 movie. This could be a big mess if they don't execute it right.

12. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

This wasn't directed at me but I will say that I hope that one day we get some stories that aren't focused on Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto.

If they used Shadow King they could incorporate some backstory on Storm (and if they don't use Xavier like they did in the comics story, they could use someone else with psychic powers). There was a brilliant animated story where Shadow King made Storm lose control of her powers. It also involved a psychic battle between Shadow King and Emma Frost.

If they used the Russian mutant team Soviet SuperSoldiers, then it could give more development to Colossus.

If they used Sinister, it could give more development to Cyclops, Havok and Jean Grey.

If they used Apocalypse, it could give more development to Angel.

We need some of these other characters to be less like cardboard cut-outs.

13. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

I also doubt Xavier is the mind-swap character. Seems more likely Xavier will enable/facilitate the mind-swap using his psychic powers to send Wolverine's mind back in time, or something like that.

14. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

to be fair, Halle Berry was still "decently" known when X1 was released... I was a 14 year old and knew who she was (infact, other than Patrick Stewart) she was the only person in the film that i knew of.

and Halle Berry is still FAR more known than Famke has ever been, Famke isn't even near being a household name unfortunately. She's a great actress and I love her, but the closest she's really ever come to being widely known is the X-men films.

15. psylockolussus

Thats why I'm hoping that this is gonna be the last film for Professor X and Magneto. And I'm also not that pleased with Jean Grey coming back because obviously if she's back, they will just continue the showmance of Jean and Wolverine.

16. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

I think it all depends on how mind travel works (if they do use it instead of physical timetravel). If it's something exactly like the original story where a mind from the future travels into the past and inhabits the body of its younger self, then I'd agree that it's unlikely to be Professor X as it would pretty much wipe out the character development of young!Charles. In this case, Wolverine would be a much less problematic choice.

But I also don't think that the story has to necessarily follow this scenario of mind travel. Especially since we have a character with psychic powers in future and the past. It could be about young and old Xaviers meeting on some psychic plane or whatever. Or Charles having some kind of flashbacks (or rather flashforwards) of the future because he's spent too much time with Cerebro or something.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  17. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

The cast photo needs to be updated Angamb.:yay:

18. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

I think that either Logan or Kitty will be the mind swap character (Mark Millar did say that Kitty fans would be pleased when they saw the movie).

19. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

oh true!! forgot to post it!

let me finish eating, and Ill post it :woot:

20. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I can't believe some are still debating it.It's basiclly been confirmed wolverine will be the time traveler.

21. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

22. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

Looks good:up:

23. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

Helman definitely looks like a younger Stryker compared to Cox's version. The eyes and brows closely match that of Cox.

24. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

25. JP

JP Smelly

WHAT WHAT WHAT :wow: