'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP

JP Smelly

No, he's currently on stage in his show at the moment... In NYC, nowhere near Montreal.

Looks like Marsden.

2. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Rebecca is in Vancouver.

3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I think its just Hugh, Halle, Shawn, Ellen, Ian, Daniel and Patrick (and maybe Anna if she's back on filming) hanging out w/ each other.

Not really. They got to introduce Nightcrawler and Rogue w/o their connection with Mystique in the comics. They just need to come up with a good story/role for Polaris.

4. psylockolussus

Magneto never mentioned having any children in his last 4 movies, I don't see the need of him having children. He didn't even have a love interest in the movies. It would be such a revelation if suddenly, he's a father to 3 mutants.

Who knows, if the Xavier Institute is already up and running, but they don't have a fighting squad yet.

Its not yet confirmed, but for me its pretty obvious that he's Warpath. I don't see Omar Sy playing Warpath and not Bishop. And I don't see Adan Canto playing Warpath after his tweet about "throwing a ball of fire".

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  5. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

just because they didnt adress the Mystique-Kurt issue on X2 doesnt mean she isnt his mother.

It was Kurt first movie, Mystique wouldnt say suddenly: hey, my name is Raven... and....Im your mother.

These issues take time, and shouldnt be rushed on the same movie.

Same with Magneto and their daugther, or children. Magneto in 40 years will have had some type of relathionship with a woman or more, even if it was just sex. To expect Erik never was with a woman is soo fake and unrealistic.

Polaris could be introduced first without adressing their direct connection, but could be revealed with new info on her second movie.

It can be done easily. Some fans dont care about it, but the x-men universe is so rich, not only because there are many mutants and big villains, but because the family connections too.

Since they avoided the Jugg-Charles one and the Rogue-Mystique one too, the other important connections are Kurt and Magneto and at least one of his children.

Fox should think bigger and not so cheap in terms of storytelling and adapting the universe. And even if on this universe they never adress it, I hope they do it on the reboot in 8-10 years, or whenever they do it.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  6. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Singer confirmed Boo Boo as Warpath in that little vid of the actors chairs ('John "Warpath" Proudstar' is named on one) Can't see him being anyone else at all.

7. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

Kelsey Grammer confirms he's not returning:

Kelsey Grammer ‏@A_KelseyGrammer 3 Mar
    @Danielrpk No I will not return as Beast. Pointless as Beast looks the same in youth and later on.

8. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

thats a good point

9. venus_ice

venus_ice Well-Known Member

That's too bad. He was one of my fave parts aside from Ellen in the last movie

10. Super Jim

Super Jim Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I have to agree that bringing Polaris into the movie at this time just doesn't make sense.

First, the storyline of DOFP has nothing to do with her.

If Havok was still in the movie I could see her possibly being included as his love interest, but he's not.

There is already so much expected to be going on in this movie, why take the time to delve into Magneto's affairs?

And most importantly, her powers are already there, by Magneto himself, so really no advantage to bringing her in at this time...

11. Super Jim

Super Jim Well-Known Member

This got me thinking...

What if Adan is in the 1970's X-men, not as Sunspot but as Thunderbird. He gets killed which then could cause the BooBoo Warpath some storyline as to why he hates Xavier.

The only problem is the age/years...

If a 20 year old Thunderbird died in 1973, would Warpath be his younger brother, say 20 years old, in 2013 (or sometime around then)? That 30 years apart!

Also I know Adan made that "throw a ball of fire" comment, but maybe (likely) he's clueless about the X-men. That comment from a clueless actor could apply to Sunspot (who doesn't throw balls of fire) or Thunderbird (which is a phoenix, who is reborn from fire)...

But you guys are probably right, he's probably Sunspot...

12. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

Yeah, that account is not verified.

13. JP

JP Smelly

That's not Kelsey's twitter account. He used to have an official one, but it seems it been deleted...

14. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

1:Adan Is working with OT cast.
    2:It's doudtful there will be any conflict In future between mutants.It will
    likely be mutants VS Sentinles In future.

15. psylockolussus

As long as they haven't mentioned that relationship yet. They are not related.

16. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Looks like Daniel Cudmore is in Vancouver. Or at least BC. He's up in the mountains in Whistler.

(If only they filmed here...) :(

17. taintedFB

taintedFB Well-Known Member

I'm honestly surprised that Cudmore is back. He's a terrible actor... Hopefully he won't speak a lot, because he does look like Colossus. Also, I hope Singer goes back to the Colossus effects from X2 and not the ugly shiny effects of X3.

18. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Colossus actor doesnt need to be an Oscar winner one, so its about giving gim a few good lines and Daniel will be fine.

Singer can do a good job with him with just a few lines, so lets hope it was on his plan say day one.

19. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I doubt the role is going to be asking for much in terms of acting ability to be honest.

20. psylockolussus

Well Singer discovered Cudmore and he probably wanted to give Colossus a 2nd chance after what happened to him in X3.

21. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

Oh please...I pray to the FOX gods go back to the X2 look. TBH, X3 Colossus was my main gripe of the film...it was just hideous..a major step down from X2..still semi-enjoyed the movie...*runs out of thread*

22. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I think we will get X2 Colossus considering we have Singer (I did too....)

23. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

New actor on Days of future past?

Mike Dopud: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233304/?ref_=sr_1
    https://twitter.com/dopudmike

[​IMG]

Has had small roles on Mission Impossible 3, Rise of the planet of the Apes, X-Men Origins: Wolverine... and has done many stunts too, including previous x-men movies.

thoughts?

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  24. psylockolussus

Ming Na might be filming Agents of Shield right now.

And as for the Mike guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the movie.

25. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I'd wager he's a stunt guy or small role and went to eat/drink with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.