how would you revamp the X-men

I'm not worried about it. There are many, many other comics that are better then just decent. :up:

I don't count Darwin's appearance in the WWH tie-in as valid. They didn't even get his powers right. They had Darwin shooting energy from his hands, and teleporting away.

Maybe his power's response to the Hulk was "****in' A, just throw everything at him!" ;)
That run had everything going against it, other then Brubaker's name. Bad premise, bad characters and bad art. There was no way I was going to read it.
I liked some of the characters. I miss Havok now that he's off in space. He should be down on Earth, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Scott and helping to manage this Messiah X crisis.

Maybe his power's response to the Hulk was "****in' A, just throw everything at him!" ;)

I liked some of the characters. I miss Havok now that he's off in space. He should be down on Earth, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Scott and helping to manage this Messiah X crisis.

Honestly, I think Havok should have stayed dead. He hasn't been written well in years.

I don't think I've actually read him in years, so I can't comment. I liked him a lot in Mutant X and the early, pre-Brotherhood days of PAD's X-Factor.

If you like the character at all it's best he stays away. Otherwise they'd kill him off faster than you can see "the third summers brother smells like poo".

I don't think I've actually read him in years, so I can't comment. I liked him a lot in Mutant X and the early, pre-Brotherhood days of PAD's X-Factor.

My problem is that writers always give Alex an inferiority complex. Yes, we understand that he's Scott's brother and he has big shoes to fill. Enough already!

Yeah, but writers who do that are just dumb. Even Austen managed to get Alex to stand on his own a bit during his run. If Austen can do it, I'm sure Carey or Brubaker could too.
If you like the character at all it's best he stays away. Otherwise they'd kill him off faster than you can see "the third summers brother smells like poo".
Why would they kill him off?

Somebodies gotta die, it's not gonna be anybody important, why not useless over here?

Havok was great during X-Cutioner's Song. Other then that, he's pretty useless.

But you've got Darwin now. He's not gold and he's a bit lacking in the bouncy breasts department, but he's basically the same.

Darwin's alright, but Lifeguard was a lot more interesting. She had more personality and had a more interesting look (not just the typical alien look). Also, she had the cool Shi'ar royalty connection that SHOULD have been expored in Bru's run. She works the same as Darwin and would have been used in almost the same was as Darwin was use. It should have been Lifeguard.

Anyhow, I don't ever expect to see her again. And as for Darwin, he is a cool charcter, but time will only tell if he has staying power. He hasn't really been seen since gettig back from space. Bru said that the arc that followed it (with Caliban, the Morlocks, etc.) he did without Darwin because he wanted that story more stand alonish and that he'd be back after it. Well, now we're after it, in Messiah Complex, and he's still not around. I'd like to know where the heck he is! If you're going to create a character and force him on the team, at least use him.

I think she wants the X-Men to be turned into a nuclear power plant, then a star, then a nuclear power plant again.

It's the basis for a "hydrogen bomb". Where a "nuke" is just a fission weapon, something MORE powerful would be to use fission on the initial weapon load, THEN fusion resulting in a more powerful compound, THEN fission again breaking it all apart, resulting in far more energy being relieased. Most just call these "fusion bombs" or "H-bombs" (for the fuel most common in the weapon itself).

Fission bombs are your standard nuclear weapon which detonates the initial payload.

But if only pure fusion weaponry existed... :'(

Ugh...REAL science. I much prefer the science of comic books, thank you very much. :o

But real science obliterates entire islands with tests, forcing them into Namor's territory. :o

That, and Wolverine definitely couldn't heal back from that.

And if he did, THEN comic book science with Sentry "sunning" him.

I also enjoy Americans as I enjoy my own people. I'm an odd Frenchborn. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"