Comics X-Men: Last Man Standing (Round 2)

I will post the results since Hand Of Fate has not done it:

Cyclops Vs Cannonball
Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Rogue (Ms. Marvel powers)
Nightcrawler Vs Havok
Iceman Vs Shadowcat
Archangel Vs Storm

FieryBalrog said:
Actually Iceman would be a much better bet to take out Storm. However he ran into the one person on the list who he can't really affect, which is Kitty.

That would be a sweet fight.

you forgot sunfire and northstar..

I hope its Cyclops vs Alex next...

Sorry about the latness:O

I just got back from my 3 day weekend with the kids

Lets see what we have here...

Cyclops Vs Cannonball
Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Rogue (Ms. Marvel powers)
Nightcrawler Vs Havok
Iceman Vs Shadowcat
Archangel Vs Storm
Sunfire and Northstar

sebita said:
In the Kitty fight, Ororo could flash freeze her, she's not immune to cold while phasing.
Storm isn't strong enough to Flash Freeze anything. It always takes her a couple moments(or more) to get the tempature to drop so a low enough temp., but all in all. Storm would only have to stay airborne

Yup, but Storm definitely can manuever A LOT better :up:

Seeing how Kitty only becomes half way invis, Storm would know where she was.

I dont think Storm can manuever that well in the air. I mean she has to be generating winds to keep her up its not like natural flight. And Kitty can manuever better she can just walk around and move as she pleases.

Kitty is not going to be able to match storm in any form of flight.

of her POWER. and if you say in flying... thats because she'll be barely moving. :D

Well to me it seems like writers dont write Storms flying properly. Shouldnt it take alot of wind to lift her? And she wouldnt have that much contorl or menueverability because she is being pushed around by wind. Kitty on the other hand just needs to walk around on the air just like the ground.

1. its what they show in the comics. not what "should" happen
2. Kitty never expanded herself for air capabilities

Kitty can walk on air. She has done it before. What more do you want?

Exploding Boy said:
Sam can absorb attacks into his field and increase his strenght. Im pretty sure he could absorb Cyke's blasts because they are concussive.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I said that Sam could absorb and redirect energy. And you all said that he cant, now direct your attention to Uncanny Xmen issue 341, the issue when Sammy fights Gladiator. Gladiator attacks Sam with his strongest attack and sam walks out of it unharmed, How did he do it? please read:

Beast:"You channeled all the kinetic energy from his killer blow and redirected it to your forcefield"

So yeah you said he couldnt and he can so yeah... :D

Exploding Boy said:
Well to me it seems like writers dont write Storms flying properly. Shouldnt it take alot of wind to lift her?

It does, she just has that much control and power.

Exploding Boy said:
And she wouldnt have that much contorl or menueverability because she is being pushed around by wind. Kitty on the other hand just needs to walk around on the air just like the ground.

First of all, she's not 'being pushed around by the wind'. She's riding a current of air that she shapes as she goes, meaning that she can do loops in the air, take curvy turns, and basically "swim" around. Further more - she can do it at up to 350 MPH.

Now Kitty can walk around air. No looping, no curviness, nothing special other then standing on air. And how fast can she go? Not that fast - I'm sure.​

Ok, Im over the Storm thing, I got it. No one cares that they were wrong about Cannonball :mad:

Oh and this is from Marvel.com

Cannonball possesses the ability to bodily generate thermo-chemical energy and release it through his skin. Accompanied by smoke, flame, and condensation, the equal and opposite reaction to this energy release propels his body through the air like a human rocket. Originally, Cannonball was unable to stop the propulsion until his immediate store of energy was depleted or until he hit an object of sufficient mass to stop him. With practice, however, Cannonball can now cut off his propulsive power at will. As a side effect of forming the thermo-chemical energies over the surface of his body, Cannonball is rendered virtually invulnerable while in flight. Accompanying the release of energy is a half-inch thick energy field that channels the explosion and protects his skin from the direct effects of the blast. It also negates momentum and related effects, thereby cushioning his body from any impact up to a half-minute from the depletion of his energy. Cannonball's "blast field" extends to any person or object with which he is in physical contact, and he can extend it further by concentrating to form a protective shield, even while standing still. Cannonball is also able to absorb kinetic energy through the field he generates and use it to either strengthen his field or redirect it as concussive force.

Cannonball once recovered from mortal injuries that left him seemingly dead. It has been theorized that Cannonball's recovery was an indication that he was an External, one of a group of immortal mutants. However, since it has subsequently been demonstrated that even Externals can be permanently killed, doubt has been cast on his alleged immortality.

I care EB, I care.

But I wasn't going to change my vote, lol.

And I may have to do some research on birds as far as "riding" the wind b/c I think you're more right than others...

YAY! Someone is on my bandwagon.

Regarding Storm it just seems like there would be more winds around her when she lifts her self and flys, but whatever I hate arguing with Storm Fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"