Comics X-Men: Last Man Standing (Round 2)

Cyclops said:
Now I know you're just talking out your ass, sebita.
You say that like it's unusual.

Cyclops Vs Cannonball - Tough call for me. Sam is pretty rough and tough and can take a lot of abuse, but Scott is smart and cunning and can also take a lot of abuse. I want to root for Sam since he's from my hometown, but Scott's got this one.
Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Rogue (Ms. Marvel powers) - The Phoenix Force doesn't give her any more telepathy or telekinesis than she already has, so Jean has this one. There's only so much flight and strength can do against someone who controls minds and matter.
Nightcrawler Vs Havok - Even though I still contest that Beast could take Kurt, Nightcrawler would win against Havok, if for no other reason than Havok has his head up his butt most of the time and won't see it coming.
Iceman Vs Shadowcat - Omega or not, Iceman can be pretty creative and resourceful. Unfortunately, Shadowcat is more creative and resourceful, and people really underestimate her. Kitty wins.
Archangel Vs Storm - Warren, just in the hopes that it will make sebita cry.

Bonus Fight:

Sunfire Vs Northstar - Speed > Fire. Sunfire < Northstar. Northstar wins. Yay, ***!

Well... is it time to tally up the battle yet?

hope i got'm in on time(even though it did say sunday)

Cyclops - hes a leader for a reason. and compared to cyclops, cannonball is still in the womb
Jean Grey - ... Helllo ... Xavier had to put in psiblocks from her powers before the pheonix force came around
Nightcrawler - I would be an awsome fight, but nightcrawler in the end
Shadowcat - master phaser. trained with wolverine.... done deal.
Storm - Main disadvantage would be the winds.
Northstar - I'd have to write this one out... But definitely NS.

I added everything up do i have the authority to post the results?

yo! I went back and re-read Archangel's transformation into Death (Thanks a lot for making me do that, I just discovered a VERY JUICY bit of info about Jean that will prove her downfall in the next Storm vs Jean argument), I went back and read the old handbooks, where he was showcased with the wings... and guess what, there is absolutely no mention about his wings being insulated. So... where did you come up with such nonsense? Give me issue numbers, quotes, solid proof of what you speak.

Im sure you will get a chance to use your new bit of info very soon as we all know this is going to end up a Storm vs Jean final.

I hope so, this info is unbeatable! :D But back on topic... Archangel's metallic wings (which were lost almost ten years ago) were not insulated, a simple lightning bolt would fry his nice round behind easily. Unless someone can give me the specific issue where it was established that his wings were insulated. (Even though she can still beat him with wind, cold and rain, mind you)

His suit is made of rubber, not spandex.

Do you even READ posts before you post? Both Cyclops and I, in our posts, said he was insulated. Not sure whether it was a joke or not anymore, but.

Good lord.

sebita said:
Thanks a lot for making me do that, I just discovered a VERY JUICY bit of info about Jean that will prove her downfall in the next Storm vs Jean argument
Oh, yes...information from 20 years ago is way more accurate than information from today. :rolleyes:

i was thinking myself that the info aint gonna be worth much...but we will see i guess.

i mean really..Storm on her best day still aint as strong as jean.

I dont understand why this is even a debate. I mean Jean puts up a TK shield blocking all of Storm's attacks then rips her apart with her Tk or kills her brain... oh wait excuse me Storm is immune to TP, how and Tk apparently.

sebita said:
yo! I went back and re-read Archangel's transformation into Death (Thanks a lot for making me do that, I just discovered a VERY JUICY bit of info about Jean that will prove her downfall in the next Storm vs Jean argument), I went back and read the old handbooks, where he was showcased with the wings... and guess what, there is absolutely no mention about his wings being insulated. So... where did you come up with such nonsense? Give me issue numbers, quotes, solid proof of what you speak.

Wouldn't be Uncanny X-men #97 now, would it?

Optic Rage said:
Im sure you will get a chance to use your new bit of info very soon as we all know this is going to end up a Storm vs Jean final.

I really hope not.

well none of the others on that list can really stand up to jean.....and Storm would beat the others id say...

Mmmm im not sure what to think about that..it would be a good fight tough...

Shes just got to get close to her without getting hit, not sure if she is immune to lightning, then rip her heart out.

You guys in the post say he is insulated, but that doesn't mean it's true. I want confirmation from a comic book source that his wings can't conduct electricity.

And about the Jean bit... it has to do with her telekinesis and a little something that can disrupt it and block it, and Ororo happens to be capable of creating that little something.

In the Kitty fight, Ororo could flash freeze her, she's not immune to cold while phasing.

Yeah well her flash freeze took several minutes, it was wasent instant. Thats enough time for Kitty to rip her heart out.

well the fight hasn't happened yet so no point doing it now.

lets get to part 3.

Actually Iceman would be a much better bet to take out Storm. However he ran into the one person on the list who he can't really affect, which is Kitty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"