Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event - Part 3

finally got around to reading this
haven't read marvel for awhile so i wasn't up on recent events as i'm just getting back into them now

i liked it but i didn't like how cyclops was written, granted the darker turn was expected due to the powers of the Phoenix

but even at the start of the book cyclops felt out of character

Cyke lost any moral high ground when hope went against him and he still tried to force her to do what he wanted.

Cycke lost any moral high ground when he turned the world into his own personal police state.

Last edited:
I think you can pinpoint the moment Scott lost any and all moral superiority right around the time he assembled a team of assassins to kill his own son. That crossed the line from him being his usual jerkish self into F*** Ethics territory. Everything from there was just a downward spiral, with AvX being the moment he finally hit the bottom.

Scott forming Utopia isn't morally wrong. I'd move too if my country was passing a eugenics law. And I'm sure Scott would have supported any other leader, but, like he said to Wolverine in Schism, no one else stepped up.

I think you can pinpoint the moment Scott lost any and all moral superiority right around the time he assembled a team of assassins to kill his own son. That crossed the line from him being his usual jerkish self into F*** Ethics territory. Everything from there was just a downward spiral, with AvX being the moment he finally hit the bottom.
He never assembled Xforce with the purpose of killing Cable

You must have read a different Messiah Complex from the one I read, because I remember him putting together X-Force to kill Cable and bring back the baby, which Charles objected to but was ignored.

You must have read a different Messiah Complex from the one I read, because I remember him putting together X-Force to kill Cable and bring back the baby, which Charles objected to but was ignored.

I must have read the same book as Havok83 because I have no friggin clue what you're on about either. :huh:

that never happened and I know the scene you are referring to. Xavier said something to the effect of "Scott you sent killers after your son?" Well thats not what Scott did. Just before that he explained that he sent their best trackers and was needed bc Cereba was failing at picking up a signal on Cable & Hope. They werent assembled to kill Cable. Xavier even saying that made no sense bc the only killers on there were Wolverine and X-23. Caliban, James,, Wofsbane and Hepzibah at that point weren't assassins like the next version of X-force would be. There was never any explicit orders on Scott's parts to kill Cable

Right, sorry. Scott didn't send the secret team that we would later found out was created specifically to kill the X-Men's enemies to kill Cable. The mind-reader only assumed that. My mistake.

The main issue I have is that no matter what Cyclops does, Wolverine will always be in the right regarding it. When was the last time Scott was actually in the right and Logan was wrong? They manage to always turn it around.

The main issue I have is that no matter what Cyclops does, Wolverine will always be in the right regarding it. When was the last time Scott was actually in the right and Logan was wrong? They manage to always turn it around.

There was never a right/wrong conclusion regarding their disagreement on whether the children should be soldiers or students. Utopia was running smoothly until the Phoenix came.

There was never a right/wrong conclusion regarding their disagreement on whether the children should be soldiers or students. Utopia was running smoothly until the Phoenix came.
I always loved how fitting it was that Hope and the Gen Hope kids had to show up and helped save the day for Logan and his gang during that Exodus arc in Legacy. Wolerine wasnt above using the kids to help him fight when it was convenient for him

Yeah, do they even take combat lessons at the school?

Last edited:
Wolverine was very against using the kids in that Exodus arc.

this was probably one of the worst events marvel has ever put out.

Wolverine was very against using the kids in that Exodus arc.
yet he still did. It was necessary and despite how he felt about it, he went with it bc he needed them to help stop Exodus. He was the one leading the charge and giving them orders. Thats the point the basis of Scott take on the split. Things happen unexpectedly and you have to prepare the kids for it bc when theres no one else around, they just may have to be the ones to go up against the big bad. Hope pretty much summed it up best

EF0Ky.jpg

Wolverine is a hypocrite

Last edited:
I was interested in picking up the big hardcover, thought it would make a nice bookend to the end of the latest Marvel era. But it was way bigger than I thought and cost 75 bones! Even with the supplemental material I can't swing that.

When can one expect a trade of just AvX 1-12?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"