X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journey Into Mystery has been portraying Stark as basically a replacement for Apple in the commercial realm of Marvel's world, actually. Instead of the iPhone, Kid Loki runs around playing with his StarkPhone all the time. :)

Journey Into Mystery has been portraying Stark as basically a replacement for Apple in the commercial realm of Marvel's world, actually. Instead of the iPhone, Kid Loki runs around playing with his StarkPhone all the time. :)
Steve Jobs must be rolling in his grave

what kind of science? i know all my teachers in college said you never design any programs on a mac, period. Mac's are pretty much for film makers, artists and hipsters.... :o and I say that as an artist who while finds them pretty... hates using them
I graduated from art school a couple years back. And while graphic design labs were all Macs, the animators labs (my degree) were all PCs. I honestly couldn't tell you if one was better for one job than the other, but me being a PC I hated having to use the Mac labs.

It pretty much comes down to the hardware. The OSes are basically just window-dressing at this point because they all work pretty efficiently.

Did... did they just insert a "quit" into Hank's origin? What are they doing, trying to make him catch up to Spider-Man on resignations?

Wikipedia is telling me that O5 Beast left the team briefly to become a wrestler because having a secret identity was too stressful.

I haven't been able to find out. Is All New X-Men double shipping every month?

It's not announced to be doing so but Uncanny X-Men (which it's replacing) has been double shipping 1/2 to 3/4 the year so expect high double-shippings. Sadly, that's happening to most of Marvel's line now. Heck, the only official double-shipping title has been Amazing Spider-Man and yet almost the entire line has released a minimum of 15 or 16 titles this year NOT including annuals, point one issues, and such. I've dropped a lot of titles do to this.

Me, too. Not many books out there are worth paying $8 a month for. :(

Wikipedia is telling me that O5 Beast left the team briefly to become a wrestler because having a secret identity was too stressful.

To be honest all of the O5 team quit the X-men as some point in time

It's not announced to be doing so but Uncanny X-Men (which it's replacing) has been double shipping 1/2 to 3/4 the year so expect high double-shippings. Sadly, that's happening to most of Marvel's line now. Heck, the only official double-shipping title has been Amazing Spider-Man and yet almost the entire line has released a minimum of 15 or 16 titles this year NOT including annuals, point one issues, and such. I've dropped a lot of titles do to this.

Well at least they have come out and said that Avengers will definitely be double shipping every month. Even though my wife and I just got a fairly significant increase in our monthly income, I can't justify buying a lot of comics that ship twice a month. I am going to stick with Amazing Spider-Man (which ships THREE times in December, at $3.99, $2.99 and $7.99) and whatever replaces it, most likely, but damn.

To be honest all of the O5 team quit the X-men as some point in time

They didn't quit so much as the team was disbanded following Xavier's fake death. Prior to CC taking over, Beast was the only I've to actually quit the team

Well at least they have come out and said that Avengers will definitely be double shipping every month. Even though my wife and I just got a fairly significant increase in our monthly income, I can't justify buying a lot of comics that ship twice a month. I am going to stick with Amazing Spider-Man (which ships THREE times in December, at $3.99, $2.99 and $7.99) and whatever replaces it, most likely, but damn.

Wow, I'm sorry but no title is worth $15 a month. If I were buying that book it would have been dropped asap. I dropped Venom for that reason I'd drop Spidey.

It's just insane. Like I get the $7.99 for #700. I don't like it, but I get it because the book is over 100 pages. But damn, it's already bad enough with it double shipping, then you add a "point one" issue in there just to get another $3.

Is it 100 pages of new content? 'Cause that's actually a huge bargain. 20 pages of content at $3 or $4 for a normal issue means that $8 should only get you 40 to 53 or 54 pages of content. So even if ASM #700 is half new content and half reprints, you're still getting your money's worth relative to normal-sized issues at regular prices.

uncannyxforce1cov2_02.jpg

I don't even know half those people... Is that Spiral in front?

I don't even know half those people... Is that Spiral in front?

Lady Fantomex seems new, but that is Spiral, as well as Storm, Psylocke and Puck. With Bishop in the background.

eh, Storm and Kitty are my last two hold outs from my fav X-Men team that have not been totally ruined. Cyclops is locked up for his action that are really the fault of the Avengers, Nightcrawler is dead and replaced by the AOA one who likes to kill, Colossus merged with juggernant and pheonix and became a dick rather then the character I always knew as the team symbol of morality and stoic nature. And Wolverine has some how become a unremorseful killer and the moral leader of the X-Men over Cyclops which still perplexes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"