X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was but I couldn't find it.

And I agree about the future line up. I do find the Lady Xorn idea interesting. Note: the last female Xorn was a crazed Husk from the Age of Apocalypse. Husk from 616 has been having issues of late... possible connection?

And when I see that design for Molly Hayes I think Grace from DC's Outsiders title. Huge boobs, huge muscles.

Im actually surprised it lasted as long as it did since it was usually pretty low in sales and only got lower post-Now launches. Id be all for it going back to its old concept of being a government sponsored team with a new lineup. Hopefully this means that the characters will at least make their way elsewhere as I hated how they were locked into X-factor. Im specifically looking at M and Polaris

While X-Factor never set the charts on fire it was always a rather consistent seller that stayed above cancellation territory. PAD also took a pay cut in order for Marvel to not raise the price to $3.99 (which in my opinion would have brought it to cancellation).

Awe, man. Things not going well for Monet? :( If she dies, I don't see that lasting. Even if she does... Husk, Chamber, Jubilee, Blink, Penance (aka... Chamber and the Girls!) That's enough former students to make it work. Emplate's still around as the returning Generation X villain. They could play with the living Maggott slug to bring him back. Synch and Skin (and Maggott and Banshee) were returned during Necrosha, and a window was left open there for some Necrosha reanimates to return to life. Gaia's still out there forgotten about. Banshee's coming back as a Horsemen of Death in Uncanny Avengers... they can play with that. Emma's with Cyclops, but she can put in a role.

Still, I feel like Monet needs to be there.

I'll put it in spoilers for those who still plan to read it:

In the current arc, when the bad place lords came to earth, M took on Pluto and he beat her down pretty severely, resulting in some kind of brain injury that is now killing her. Layla knows about it from her future knowledge, and Darwin can sense her dying from his leftover abilities when he copied Hela.

Well that sucks, but something that can be returned from in comics-world.

Nobody who dies ever really stays that way for long, lol. :p

Something else Wood said in the C2E2 panel was there's another secret member showing up on the last page of issue 1 of the all female team title. Guesses who it could be?

Polaris? Dazzler? Sage? Blink? Lifeguard?

I would love to see Lifeguard, but I don't think it'll be someone as minor as her or Blink since it's supposed to be a surprise. I'm expecting Young Jean.

How can they kill him for real? He has three solo books and appears in pretty much everything else with an X in the title. I can't see it be anything but fake like the last time.

Yeah, apparently something big is happening in Cornell's Wolverine book, something the likes that should happen in a core X-Men book, that's going to reverberate through the whole X-Line, and it has something to do with Wolverine losing his healing factor and Sabretooth essentially putting a hit out on him as a result. I might look into it, depending on the budget.

Honestly, Wolverine's at his best right now than he's been in 10 or more years thanks to Aaron and Remender. I'd actually hate to see him die at the moment unless his inevitable quick return further's his return to awesomeness.

As for Wolverine & the X-Men, I still don't see that book lasting much longer. It sounds like it'll be a part of that crossover, but I'm wondering if it's going to be dropped after that at some point. His death could make that happen.

I read something a while ago that something was supposed to happen to him during Age of Ultron that leads to him losing his healing factor and that leads to him getting killed. I know there's some time traveling going on there but I'm not reading it.

And yes, JH......Wolverine has been more interesting that he had in years thanks to Aaron and Remender. :up:

That makes sense I suppose. Disappointing really, but it makes sense.

I'm really annoyed that X-Men is going to cross over with that event. I was hoping to buy that book and have it be separate from the Bendis stuff I am not interested in.

Bendis' X-Men stuff has been surprisingly really good. I think it deserves a shot.

Bendis's Xmen are the only books Im reading from Marvel these days to be honest

Wow lots of news!

I've been reading X-Factor for a long time now. It's going to be weird to not have it anymore. It did amazing things with a lot of characters. I mean, Shatterstar became one of my favourites! How did that happen?

So another X-event. I'm still not over Messiah Complex, Second Coming, and AvX yet. Thankfully the stories fuelling those events are over and something new can come. I'm glad the timeline stuff is going to have consequences, and will be addressed in an event. I'm just really hoping the event is good. I plan on reading all these books, so I hope they don't get derailed because of some dumb story. That future team is really unappealing though.

I'm 100% ok with Wolverine getting killed. I need a break from him, and I don't read any of his solos. Remender and Aaron haven't done anything with him that makes me like him.

I'm really excited for Wood's X-men to start! Did he say that the mystery character at the end of the first issue was joining the cast?

Also, pleeeeeaaaaase don't make teen Jean evil! As a fan, I can only take so much.

Last edited:
Remender and Aaron gave him a conscious and made him an effective leader. He was tricked into killing his kids and passed off Ogun's sword to AoA Sabertooth because he made a vow to give it to somebody he met that was more honorable.

He was given great depth and is a lot better than the stab happy idiot that he was turned into.

Bendis' X-Men stuff has been surprisingly really good. I think it deserves a shot.

I read the first issue of All New and thought it was ok, but didn't really make me want to read more. I've heard good things, but I'm just not that interested. The premise of Wood's book sounded really interesting to me, and I'll still check it out, but I was hoping it would be standalone instead of getting into a 10-part crossover six months in.

Remender and Aaron gave him a conscious and made him an effective leader. He was tricked into killing his kids and passed off Ogun's sword to AoA Sabertooth because he made a vow to give it to somebody he met that was more honorable.

He was given great depth and is a lot better than the stab happy idiot that he was turned into.
I think Yost and Kyle made him an effective leader when he was heading up the old Xforce. That series is what made his subsequent role actually seem viable

Junior seems to be the offspring of Mystique and Logan

Just what a damn near invincible, weapon needs..... stealth capabilities :p

WolvielrCropped.jpg

Wolverine's the best he's been since at least the early 90's
I'm gunna be really super pissed if they kill him off for another stunt that'll last a year or two
But I'll be even more pissed if they kill him and it sticks for good

Every book I'm currently reading outside of Thor features Logan
my pull list will suddenly be very small if this happens
really startin to hate the Big 2

and what the bad place is this future X-Men??
seems like a very late-90's-style gimmick

He has a movie coming up. If he died, it'd be for an arc. Like Wolverine Goes to bad place.

I have a feeling it won't be a death story though.

Yeah, I'm hoping its just a "Wolverine loses his powers, so let's see what makes him really a hero" type thing
Basically, the Iron Man 3 treatment for Logan-san

but with the state of comics lately, I try not to be too hopeful about anything

He has a movie coming up. If he died, it'd be for an arc. Like Wolverine Goes to bad place.

I have a feeling it won't be a death story though.
Don't forget when he "died" but ended up just being Death. How many times can they have the same unkillable die? It just comes across as rehash. :(

Dear lord, please tell me that that's for an alternate universe book......PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"