X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Jubilee still a vampire?

Unfortunately, yes. I thought will the reigniting of the mutants post AvX she would regain her powers and somehow loose the vampire thing, but it seems as though she'll still be a vampire in this series. Whether or not she'll have her powers back is yet to be seen.

Wood said that he wants to focus on making being a Vampire specific to Jubilee. So there's going to be a lot of vampire stuff with her. I'm not a big Jubilee fan to begin with, and making her a vampire doesn't really help. Though, to be fair I haven't read anything with her as a vampire.

Last edited:
Hope she don't find little babies to be tasty snacks... :p

I actually like her as a vampire. I honestly don't get why people seem to dislike the premise so strongly. Gischler's run wasn't the best at times, but it was decent, and he sparked new life in Jubilee. It was then taken and used well by Liu in the X-23 ongoing and by Kathy Immonen in the Wolverine & Jubilee mini. Both were good. Provided she isn't locked in a brooding mood, I think she's cool as a vampire.

And it isn't like vampire stuff isn't unheard of in the X-Men world. There was the classic Claremont Storm/Dracula story, and then again in Mutant X with Dracula, Storm, and Gambit. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

And watching Jubilee beat the crap out of Wolverine in a playful scrap in the Wolverine & Jubilee mini was fun as can be :)

Also, I read an interview somewhere where Wood said he'd prefer to write her with her old powers, but he's using her how she currently is. So there might always be a chance that he could repower her.

And AvX has done squat for previous mutants. It seems to be igniting new mutants, not repowering old ones.

Last edited:
I thought some, like Avalanche in Uncanny Avengers, got theirs back?

Avalanche never lost them. He was shown as an active mutant on Utopia during Fraction's run.

As far as I know, all the newly powered mutants shown thus far have been new.

Avalanche never lost them. He was shown as an active mutant on Utopia during Fraction's run.

As far as I know, all the newly powered mutants shown thus far have been new.

They are. No one who lost their powers on M-Day got them back after AvX. All those that have been repowered, (Chamber, Xavier, Polaris, Magneto, etc.) got them back before it and by different means.

Last edited:
I actually like her as a vampire. I honestly don't get why people seem to dislike the premise so strongly. Gischler's run wasn't the best at times, but it was decent, and he sparked new life in Jubilee. It was then taken and used well by Liu in the X-23 ongoing and by Kathy Immonen in the Wolverine & Jubilee mini. Both were good. Provided she isn't locked in a brooding mood, I think she's cool as a vampire.

And it isn't like vampire stuff isn't unheard of in the X-Men world. There was the classic Claremont Storm/Dracula story, and then again in Mutant X with Dracula, Storm, and Gambit. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

And watching Jubilee beat the crap out of Wolverine in a playful scrap in the Wolverine & Jubilee mini was fun as can be :)

Also, I read an interview somewhere where Wood said he'd prefer to write her with her old powers, but he's using her how she currently is. So there might always be a chance that he could repower her.

And AvX has done squat for previous mutants. It seems to be igniting new mutants, not repowering old ones.
I miss Mutant X. That was a great book. :(

Um, she's been wearing this since 2011

tumblr_lusrbvEJuj1qmavteo1_500.png
Yeah, well, I didn't read that boos***, did I? It's novel for Psylocke to not be almost naked to ME. :oldrazz:

Hope she don't find little babies to be tasty snacks... :p
That was actually my first thought. "Jubilee must've acquired a taste for baby blood." But I'm sure Wood's not going to do that. Not even the X-Men could overlook that.

I was just kiddin'. Only Sabes ever ate kids.

Yeah, well, I didn't read that boos***, did I? It's novel for Psylocke to not be almost naked to ME. :oldrazz:

Bite your tongue buster. That "boos**t" happens to be one of the best X-Men series in over a decade and that scene in particular was the cliffhanger to one of it's top arcs.

TheCorpulent1 = One who denies fantastic stories for the sake of previous bad writers and volumptuous pride.

Analogy: "No I will not try Gillen's JiM or Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder. Did you read how horrible Thor was during Fraction's run? That was horrendous! Why would I torture myself by reading the books getting all the praise? I don't hate myself THAT much. Silly Thor fans. Thor and Odin are just written so badly out of character these days that it's not even worth burdening myself to read new Thor books."

TheCorpulent1 said:
That was actually my first thought. "Jubilee must've acquired a taste for baby blood." But I'm sure Wood's not going to do that. Not even the X-Men could overlook that.

Jubilee was shown to be controling her urges using Wolverine's blood, and then in the end she went off with some noble vampires to learn how to control her urges period. She shouldn't have any need for baby blood.

My thought was that the baby was a vampire and she wants to help it somehow. Feasting on her cheek maybe?

runawayboulder said:
Bite your tongue buster. That "boos**t" happens to be one of the best X-Men series in over a decade and that scene in particular was the cliffhanger to one of it's top arcs.

Why stop at X-Men?

Last edited:
I'm with Corp on this one. I refuse to read that comic on principle.

UXF was one of the best X title to be released in the last decade. The Dark Angel saga goes down as one of the best story to ever be written in the X universe

You guys have convinced yourselves that it's about some one dimension hit squad. It's just not that cut and dry.

I don't care if it became multi-dimensional after the first writers left. I'm not giving Marvel any of my money to make a comic about a team of X-Men assassins.

You guys have convinced yourselves that it's about some one dimension hit squad. It's just not that cut and dry.

I suppose that qualifies under the argument I made that people are condemning Remender's Uncanny X-Force for how Kyle and Yost wrote the previous volume of X-Force. It'd be like someone not reading JiM or God of Thunder because of how Fraction handled Thor's title.

But hey, if they want to hide their head in the sand and miss out on some of the best storytelling and character progression in the past decade or two, well that's their loss. :up:

I hated and ranted about what happened with OMD, but at least I've since tried the book on various occassions to give it a fair shake.

Seeing how Warren turned out in the pages of Wolverine and Cult Jam Featuring Full Force helped convince me I didn't want any of what Uncanny X-Force was offering.

I don't care if it became multi-dimensional after the first writers left. I'm not giving Marvel any of my money to make a comic about a team of X-Men assassins.

Good, because Marvel seemed to agree with you and wrote themselves out of that mess. Notice that, although there are new X-Force titles, there aren't any assassins anymore. Heck, even Wolverine refuses to go that route now (when written properly) and we have Remender's Uncanny X-Force to thank for that.

So if anything, that's the title you SHOULD have been reading. Instead of just canning a plot cold turkey, which I hate, they made it into an amazing story for the sake of continuity, as well as character and continuity progression. Uncanny X-Force was Marvel doing it RIGHT.

Seeing how Warren turned out in the pages of Wolverine and Cult Jam Featuring Full Force helped convince me I didn't want any of what Uncanny X-Force was offering.

I don't know what you mean by Cult Jam Featuring Full Force, and its throwing my understanding of your post.

Sorry, I tend to refer to "Wolverine and the X-Men" as different band names. That was a reference to Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam.

Ah, I see.

And yeah, I'm not a big fan of Angel's current state either, but that doesn't in any way take away from the story in Uncanny X-Force. Jason Aaron alone has pretty much defined Angel post-UXF. Remender pretty much showed a panel or two of his blank slate and left Aaron to play with it. It was an interesting ending that I feel Aaron went the wrong direction with.

So yeah, that's not something to fault Uncanny X-Force with. It was actually a pretty need ending for the character that was worse than Death for him and for Betsy (which makes sense if you read the story). I appreciate that Remender (contrary to your and Corps' opinion) tried to go deeper just killing people for the story.

and yet he still wrote a comic about them killing. I've had this conversation before, and I still refuse to give up my irrational hatred of the last two incarnations of X-Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"