Comics X-Skrull - Secret Invasion Speculation

Valechan

Superhero
Reaction score
It is very likely that the X-Men, the world's most prominent mutant team has been infiltrated by the Skrulls as well. So, my question is, which X-Man is the most likely candidate to be a Skrull? I have three guesses:

1) Cyclops: Let's look at the facts. Right after his "merging" with Apocalypse, Summers returned a changed man to the X-Men. Right away he began shunting his wife, pushing her away. Why would he do that? Well, who wants the second most powerful telepath of the world peeking your thoughts? Right after she died he cemented his affair with Emma, which granted him Headmaster status of the School. After Xavier left, would anyone have thought that Summers would take the role of Headmaster alone? Not really. He took that role with Emma, who had already experience on it, and with it the opportunity to mold the minds of the hundreds of young mutants of Earth. What then happens after M-Day? After a lot of in-fighting with the Sentinels, Xavier returns, and what does Cyclops do, pray tell? The same thing he did with Jean, he pushes him away, why? So he doesn't loose his position as headmaster of the school. And now, as the MEssiah Complex emerges, he tries his best to be the sole leader of all of mutantkind, to gather them under his banner, which may very well be the Skrull Flag. You may ask, why doesn't he fear Emma's telepathy? Well, simple, she's a "bush league" telepath, the Skrulls know how Xavier's former telepathy worked, it is very likely they can shield themselves against it, but not against telepathy on the level of someone like Jean. Or she is a Skrull too, which isn't too crazy to think. And let us not forget that the Skrullosus in Illuminati 5 shoot Cyclop's eye-beam...

2) Colossus: The man was dead. His ashes scattered, and we just have to believe his body had been changed at the morgue? What morgue? Please. He is a Skrull.

3) Storm: Leaderess of the X-Men, suddenly out of nowhere she gives it all up to go and marry Black Panther, becoming the most influent and most important mutant ever in the world's political stage. Taht sounds skrully to me.

Skrulls.jpg

LEinil Yu is sooooooo wrong for this kind of multiple character pic...

Ehh, it's so rough to call Skrulls because Marvel doesn't have a problem just picking any character and doing a Skrull-tastic retcon...

I could see them pulling one on Emma Frost, though I doubt it.

Bishop could get one too. He's had enough space encounters to have been hijacked/killed at some point.

Any of the characters that went up after Vulcan could wind up being Skrulls, especially the Professor.

has it been confirmed that theres a skrull in the X-ranks?

has it been confirmed that theres a skrull in the X-ranks?

I don't think so... But then again there hasn't been confirmation that there are Skrulls in any team's ranks just yet.

I don't think Storm's a Skrull. Hudlin just writes her badly.

Id like to think Psylocke is a skrull. She's been dead to me ever since CC came back and monopolized the character

Id like to think Psylocke is a skrull. She's been dead to me ever since CC came back and monopolized the character

Me too.

She used to be one my favourite X-Men, easily in the top five; now, she's slipped very far down the list. :csad:

Me too.

She used to be one my favourite X-Men, easily in the top five; now, she's slipped very far down the list. :csad:
she's not even on my radar anymore. I wish someone at Marvel would get a clue and get her away from CC. It isnt doign the character any wonders. I wish she had stayed dead and never returned since she's been a mess since she did come back. Putting her in Exiles and now keeping her there was a sure fire way to make her not relevant. Marvel should have refused to let CC take Psylocke over there. If he wanted her so bad, they should have made him create an AR of her like he did with Rogue and Kitty recently

Skrulls.jpg

LEinil Yu is sooooooo wrong for this kind of multiple character pic...

Why because he's an artist who uses the same generic figure for both his men and women showing no real talent like the artist on Wolverine Orgins where men and women are the same just with boobs and long hair. LOL.

Yu is talentless??? I have never really been a fan of his...well more specifically his run on Wolverine in the 90s...but his X-Men work was pretty good.

Yu is talentless??? I have never really been a fan of his...well more specifically his run on Wolverine in the 90s...but his X-Men work was pretty good.
Yu has gotten better with time. Hated his Wolverine art too but surprisingly liked him in X-men and now in New Avengers

I am so going to skip any & all books related to this Skrull invasion. After they revealed that a Skrull managed to fool Professor X for several years on end, I got the impression the coming crossover will test my limits on how pissed off I can get.

If Messiah Complex gets retconned or ****ed over in any way by this stupid skrull story, I'm gunna be seriously pissed.

I agree... same with Civil War... if they **** these two stories over for this invasion and cheapen their value, I'm gonna be pissed - granted how much worse can it get than Jackpot!? Sick of them trashing the impact of these stories...

oh you just know the whole reason for the Skrull invasion is to retcon stuff. I bet teh Cap that died was a skrull, they'll claim Spidey is a skrull, etc... Its their fail safe to go back to the old status quo

well they certainly already took Spidey back to the old status quo - so they already ruined that...

Ugh and don't retcon Captain - ugh that would be the worst thing imaginable... the Captain America comics have been going so well including Bucky stepping up as cap...

Do we really need Steve Rogers - Captain is something bigger than Rogers...

Stupid skrulls are gonna ruin everything... including the X-books at this rate.

If Rogers came back at the end of the Invasion, that'd be great

No, that'd be horrible. He just died! Let the character rest in peace for awhile.

Like someone else said Steve Rogers, while rather legendary name in Marvel history, is not the only guy that can be Captain America. Rogers did a lot, but it was long time for his character to move on. I mean, they've only been writing stories about him since the 1940's.

That, and when you kill a character, they should really stay dead. At the very least keep him dead for a few years before they come up with some half cocked resurrection that ruins continuity and sends us back to the status quo once more.

i was just thinking back to just before the whole "the twelve" arc. apocalypse made some kind of deal with the skrulls and they were workin for him. one of them even infiltrated the x-men as wolverine while the real logan was turned into death. none of the x-men had a clue until the real logan killed the skrull while brainwashed. so its not impossible to believe the x-men wouldn't figure it out if they've been infiltrated.

Could it be Prof X or the upcoming Magneto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"