Comics X-Skrull - Secret Invasion Speculation

Wouldnt doubt it....dudes been a flake for years.

Yu is talentless???

Completely talentless. His chicken scratch artwork almost made me drop New Avengers.

Colossus as a skrull makes the most sense but I'm hoping it's Emma. This way, we can return Emma to her evil White Queen status and find a way to finally bring Jean back.

Colossus ain't no stinkin' Skrull...
and neither is Cap. When Elektra/Skrull died she converted to Skrull form; Steve didn't, so I think it's safe to say he's not. Tony however.........:stark

Tony is NO skrull... don't you think when Ultron assemulated his body it might have come up?

Plus to many times is he shown thinkming about the skrull invasion even when he isn't talking to anyone else.

while we are on the subject of guitarness - shouldn't wolverine, you know being a member of the new avengers and all - have told the X-Men about Electra by now...

Continuity with Wolverine is all over the place - he can literally be everywhere at once and still retain no knowledge of where else he has been...

Like how exactly did Sabertooth escape Providence, and Wolverine kill him - when Wolverine was involved a 100% of the time in the fights prior to Messiah Complex that lead right into the event (without ever leaving for any extended period of time)... I understand they removed Sabertooth from the adjectiveless storyline to allow for Wolverine to kill him - but Wolvie just never had the time to do it.

There are 25 Skruloverines around, they get everything done

i'd buy storm as a skrull (valechan's gonna freak) because it would be an easy way for marvel to explain away her annoying characterization and dialogue and give them a nice chance to reestablish her as a viable character.

Maybe Storm and Black Panther are both Skrulls....having little Skrull babies right under everyones nose....

well that would be a good way to fix all the stupidity those two have been involved in and possibly undo the marriage (not sure where i stand on that one). but i do find it kind of suspect that the two of them have been on a multi-dimensional jaunt that led them through a number of skrull inhabited realities that would either have something to do with it or be completely unrelated.

^Hmm......

I hope gambit is a skrull, that would be cool.

^Hmm......

I hope gambit is a skrull, that would be cool.

Ugh. After they finally started to let him come back out and play in MC, that'd be the last thing the character would need.

I mean, prior to MC, Gambit hadn't done squat in ages.

^Thats true......guess we should give him a LITTLE break.....but they will tear up the character in six months or so.

QUEEN OF DIAMONDS – EMMA FROST

queenofdiamonds_emmafrost_sm.jpg

The appropriately named White Queen has two very powerful mutant abilities: her telepathic powers, which almost rival those of Charles Xavier himself, and her ability to transform into a nigh invulnerable diamond form. But it’s Emma Frost’s position as headmistress of the Xavier Institute that the Skrulls find most threatening.

“While her powers make her formidable, it's her political position which makes her especially dangerous,” Tom Brevoort told CBR News. “Because of her place in the hierarchy of mutant affairs, Emma is in a position to be especially dangerous to the Skrull plans. She can mobilize the remainder of the mutant population, and she's ruthless enough to get down and dirty fighting a war.”

As such, the White Queen’s position of prominence in the Mutant community makes her a prime target for replacement by a Skrull imposter. “If the Skrulls replace Emma they gain the ability to sway, distract or strike discord among the remaining mutants upon the planet,” Brevoort explained.

Should Emma Frost prove too difficult for the Skrulls to capture and replace, it’s likely the Skrulls will attack her where she’s most vulnerable, her heart. “She's currently got a pretty pronounced weakness in the form of her love for Cyclops, which leaves her more emotionally vulnerable than she likes being,” Brevoort said. “Beyond that, there’s her concern for the welfare of her students, especially given what happened to the original Hellions.”

QUEEN OF CLUBS - STORM

queenofclubs_storm.jpg

When you’re looking to take control of Earth, fighting someone like Storm, an actual Queen who has the ability to drastically alter the planets’ atmosphere with just a thought, is clearly a strategic nightmare. But like the other Queens, it’s more what and who Storm knows that makes her dangerous to the Skrulls, and marrying the Black Panther and becoming the Queen of Wakanda has made Storm especially threatening. “Storm’s marriage has certainly made her more dangerous than she was on her own,” Brevoort remarked. “Her new role gives her access and authority over whatever hidden safeguards T'Challa may have put in place in the event of a Skrull invasion.”

Replacing Storm with a Skrull doppelganger would give the alien invaders eyes into not one but two communities dangerous to their machinations. “A Skull impersonating Storm becomes a player with connections and respect among the mutant community,” Brevoort said. “And a player with access to the shadowy goings-on within Wakanda, one of the most technologically-advanced and secretive nations on the planet.”

When fighting a shadow war, the slightest weakness can be exploited and lead to disastrous consequences, and Storm has two disadvantages that can be used against her. “Storm's claustrophobia is an obvious drawback,” Brevoort stated. “More subtle is the fact that, since her marriage to T'Challa, Storm's been living in a land far removed from those who know her best, and who would be most likely to be able to detect a substitution.”

Please let it be true!!!! :D

If Ororo replaced by a Skrull, I hope it's after Black Panther and Storm leave the Fantastic Four.:woot:

They already left Hand... Hudlin's just behind everything :p

Completely talentless. His chicken scratch artwork almost made me drop New Avengers.

Colossus as a skrull makes the most sense but I'm hoping it's Emma. This way, we can return Emma to her evil White Queen status and find a way to finally bring Jean back.

Why does everyone always want to go back - tell me what the interest in a story that could never evolve by it's own limitations could entertain?

EFFING GREAT SPOILER!!

secret_invasion_2.jpg
Emam is a Skrull! Emma is a Skrull! or not, but she looks like one :D And so is Beast which means that Cat Beast is GONE!!! Yay!! :D

That's not a spoiler. :whatever: You really think that Marvel would actually release that cover and not pull one of their "Classified Information" things that they've done for spoiler covers in the past? I think not.

Allow me to dream Spec :p just allow me to dream :p

And besides maybe they did it on purpose to get fans talking about if thsoe guys are the skrulls or if those guys are not the skrulls... but seeing as the main "skrully" chars are there... Luke Cage, Hawkeye... perhaps they are, and perhaps they are not... it could be a misdirecting thing to keep people thinking they are not skrulls when in truth they are... don't trust ANYTHING that Marvel says from here until April :p

It would be interesting to find out that Emma is a skrull. She could be the reason behind Scott's "Kill them all and let God sort them out" attitude.

Right... i really REALLY hope that this doesnt bleed over in to the X-Comics too much. Sure Colosus could be a skrull, because the whole body swapping story was a bit random but theres some REALLY big problems with making the X-Men members skrulls.
First and most arguable reason, the X-Men dont just have tecnology to scan people, they have ridiculously sophisticated technolog from the Shi'Ar, who have fought Skrull before and would be well aware of any techniques to find them with scanners.
Next we have the irrefutable reasons... the X-Men have had the 3 most powerful telepaths IN THE WORLD in their midst over the last few years.
If Emma is a Skrull, that would mean that Phoenix.. an all powerful telepathic/telekinetic being, stripped down her mind, pieced together her broken body, repaired her, brought her back to life, scanned her entire mind, and just didn't happen to notice that she happened to be a Skrull. This is daft. If Emma has been a skrull this whole time it will frankly be a pretty embarassing move on Marvels part.
Same thing goes with Cyclops.. the X-Men cant function without Cyclops as the leader. When he died it was pointless, X3 wos shioite. Jeans read through his mind, Emmas stripped his mind down completely, AND Vulcan with limitless telepathic energy of the cosmos has had a poke around in there with his memories as well for good measure. One of them would have noticed that he was a skrull.

honestly, i think if any of the X-Men are going to be Skrulls its going to be Storm. I think her marriage to Black Panther came out of nowhere, theyd only met eachother once or twice before. The entire justification from Marvel seemed to just be that they wanted an event for Black history month.

Black panthers sales have never been great and I expect Marvel don't want storm to go down with him. Her having been a skrull will be an easy way to retcon the whole business and have the real storm go back to the X-Men.
PLUS it will give Black Panther ANOTHER event to tie in to in the hopes that somebody will buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"