::x:: X-MANIPS COMPETITION 6: THE ANIMATED SERIES ::x::

Neto Magnus

Superhero
Reaction score
xmc6tas01qx8.jpg

THEME:
There's no doubt that everyone here loves X-Men: The Animated Series. It was THE show of the 90s and to this day no other cartoon has come close. The challenge is to create a manip by merging the TAS world into the movieverse. As in giving the movieverse characters their costumes from the cartoon and making it look believable. In X1, Cyclops said to Wolverine, "Well, what would you prefer, yellow spandex?". Let's see if we can prove him wrong.

You can do a variety of manips whether its just costuming or reenacting a scene from TAS with or without the TAS costumes. But there still has to be some indication that it's based on the cartoon.

Recasting certain actors are allowed to better suit the TAS personalities. You can also cast new characters that where on the show but that were not in the movies.

Please do not use action figures, statues, cosplay or comic art in your manip. You can use certain parts of them but not the entire thing. For example, you can use parts of Wolverine's mask from an action figure but you can't just paste Hugh Jackman's head on the action figure. Also, I'm afraid to say but manips based on X-Men Evolution is not allowed. Not even that crappy pilot Pryde of the X-Men from 1989.

Remember this is supposed to be fun. Be creative and take your time. :up:

RULES:
  • One entry per person.
  • Must be a digital manipulation.
  • Post ONLY the final result.
  • No alternate or multiple versions.
  • You cannot submit an entry that has been previously posted in the past.
  • Do not use someone else's manips, regardless of whether you had permission or if you just didn't know.

Violation of any of the rules will result in an immediate disqualification. And I mean it this time.:woot:

DEADLINE:
Contest will end on May 13th at 11:59 PM Eastern and Specific Time.

PM me if you have any questions.

Darkxorn:
leejeanfercompfy8.gif

storm-x-fan:
818499e8e4.jpg

La_She-Beast:
477066192_b7cb5c7cf0_o.jpg

neotheone:
project2dt2.jpg

flavio_lebeau:
tastp3.jpg

Le Diable Blanc:
bloodlinesoe6.jpg

fluffysellscars:
549tbaw.jpg

_BB_:
final3dbe0.jpg

britrogue:
astral-plane-tas.gif

Neto Magnus:
tascyclopsvg1.jpg

spidey-dude:
wolvieanimated.jpg

Angamb:
archangel1abu6.jpg

Nadino:
animatedxmenvsshiar03finala.jpg

"Not even that crappy pilot Pryde of the X-Men from 1989."

Neto :o

lol

I'd say the swimsuit theme was harder but maybe that's because I had to do everyone :oldrazz:

why cant we use statues or busts??? i use them occasionally in manips....

"Not even that crappy pilot Pryde of the X-Men from 1989."

Neto :o

lol

well it wasn't that crappy at the time. But looking back at it I'm like :whatever:

why cant we use statues or busts??? i use them occasionally in manips....

well you could use parts of the statue but just not the whole thing. It's so tacky when someone puts an actor's head on a statue and say it's a manip.

If you actually want to come out with something good-looking and not over the top, I think it is. The line between corny and badass is very narrow in this case.

You're right actually. Cuz I'm looking though pics and realizing that it might not work. I got too carried away after doing my AoA manip.

But the costumes don't have to be exact. You can alter it and make it look like something ppl can actually wear. The problem is the colors.:csad:

If you actually want to come out with something good-looking and not over the top, I think it is. The line between corny and badass is very narrow in this case.

That's what I'm starting to realize lol. The colors are gonna be the hardest part.

I think the best thing to do is start with a nude model and then paint the clothes on them. Thats what I'm thinking of doing at the moment.

I think the best thing to do is start with a nude model and then paint the clothes on them. Thats what I'm thinking of doing at the moment.
That's what I thought too. That requires some time (a lot of time), at least for me.

Great idea Neto. I'd like to try my hand at this... I'll see what I can do.

Hmmm... difficult. I'll give it a try.

BTW, I do not LOVE TAS :oldrazz:

Wow, I can't wait to see what people come up with for this!

I have a few ideas but don't know if will end well, hehe. I'll try it.

Neto, one question: you say we can recast and all, but you say movie characters. Does this mean no Gambit?

amazing theme - i can't wait for the results. I'm not skilled enough to do anything remotely interesting or believable

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"