X2's Firey Phoenix or X3's Phoenix

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
As you saw if you watched X-Men 2 Jean had fire in her eyes and on her hands in X-Men 2.

Then in X3 no fire was seen but she did have completely black eyes with darkness around them.

Which one would you had prefered to be in both movies X2 and X3

Is this even a competition? X2 by miles.

Dude did you make this thread just to get the only unanimous vote is SHH history?

not surprising no one has voted for the X3 Phoenix. Ratner ruined her!

One was the Phoenix, one was not.

Hm, tough choice indeed.

I didn't even understand why they called her Phoenix in X3 without the flames.

Coming back from the dead, firey raw emotion, yada yada yada....

This is a waste of a vital internets.:csad:
It's like asking if a warm ham sandwich is better than getting gut punched? Let me think...

Actualy getting gut punched makes me feel alive.......and I' not a fan of ham sandwiches :(

Neither am I, actually. Just the first thing I thought of. I actually really really hate ham. Still, if given the choice between ham and a gut punch? C'mon. :p

x2phoenixvsx3phoenix4.jpg

It's like Phoenix vs. a corpse that needs saving...

Probably a Wolverine fan.

X3 Phoenix worked better for me.

She was Dark Phoenix, not intergalactic star destroyer Phoenix.

I'm a guy that prefers something organic rather than something that wreaks of fantasy.

She was scary and above all - dangerous. I like that.

X3 Phoenix worked better for me.

She was Dark Phoenix, not intergalactic star destroyer Phoenix.

I'm a guy that prefers something organic rather than something that wreaks of fantasy.

She was scary and above all - dangerous. I like that.

So teleportation, psychic powers, and optic blasts are ok....but a not an already psychic chick glowing with a firey aura?......You sure your an X-Men fan? Lol, everything is organic if your a mutant, all posibilities are out there.

So teleportation, psychic powers, and optic blasts are ok....but a not an already psychic chick glowing with a firey aura?......You sure your an X-Men fan? Lol, everything is organic if your a mutant, all posibilities are out there.

I like Phoenix in the comics, everything in there is so colorful and she fits in quite well.

In the filmverse everything is very grounded, at least that's how Singer established it.

-Costumes are black
-Magneto dresses in dark colors, and finally like a guerilla General in X3
-Cyclops is alot more interesting - I thank James Marsden for that

So anyway, what they did with Jean in X3 was very much fitting of this grounded filmverse. She was something out of a sci-fi/horror movie, not a character from Narnia or some fantasy epic.

I loved the pulverizing, the atomizing.

It was never spoiled in the trailers and seeing Xavier's skin slowly turn into dust was just awesomely eerie and ran chills down my spine.

*The little glimpses of X2 Phoenix did little for me, just brought back memories of the comic/animated series.

X3 Phoenix was a terrifying new take on the character that I never saw coming
icon14.gif

Yeah, but if you took that same character and added the fire aura/element to it, it wouldn't not have only fit for continuity sake, but looked even cooler.....couldn't have taken away anything.

Yeah, but if you took that same character and added the fire aura/element to it, it wouldn't not have only fit for continuity sake, but looked even cooler.....couldn't have taken away anything.

I think the fire may have worked in the final scene at Alcatraz, but not at the house.

the scene at Jean's house is my favorite scene of the movie and adding fire to the whole thing woulda taken away from the damage she was doing to Charles while Logan and Erik watched in horror.

*Come to think of it, fire wouldn't have bothered me at the scene in Alcatraz. Well, I would have to see it.

i resent the zombie effects like most things in X3. her powers clearly looked one way in X2, so why change them? it screws up continuity, and it doesnt go with the comics either.

i resent the zombie effects like most things in X3. her powers clearly looked one way in X2, so why change them? it screws up continuity, and it doesnt go with the comics either.

Her powers looked the way they did in X2 PURELY as a nod to fans from Bryan Singer.

At that point, when X2 was in post-production, there was no script for X3.

The Phoenix we see in X3 is the way she is to suit the story the movie is telling.

She is not an intergalactic leviathan. She is not a cosmic destroyer.

She is an extraordinarily powerful mutant - who's powers were caged by another extraordinarily powerful mutant.

The concept of fire, of glowing red eyes - was no longer part of the plan.

This was a grounded, organic and darker take on Jean's hidden secret, a real metamorphosis - not just Jean Grey meets Johnny Storm.

I love what they did with her, it was the biggest surprise of the film and during those 2 hours I truly believed no X-Man was inexpendable.

darkphoenix.jpg

The thing is, the 'zombie' look is part of the Dark Phoenix look in the comics, as you can see above. Shadowy, demonic eyes and not necessarily a firebird.

There's also no guarantee a Singer X3 would have had Phoenix with a firebird flaring up behind her every time she used her powers.

I think people do need to differentiate between comic book visuals to show powers (like the wavy lines around Magneto, the yellow flash around Colossus when he transforms) and what would make a movie look more believable.

darkphoenix.jpg

The thing is, the 'zombie' look is part of the Dark Phoenix look in the comics, as you can see above. Shadowy, demonic eyes and not necessarily a firebird.

There's also no guarantee a Singer X3 would have had Phoenix with a firebird flaring up behind her every time she used her powers.

I think people do need to differentiate between comic book visuals to show powers (like the wavy lines around Magneto, the yellow flash around Colossus when he transforms) and what would make a movie look more believable.

Fanboys surrendered all common sense the moment they spoke the words "I don't like it because that's not how it was in the comics."

:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"