X3 Books next year (Spoiler on the movie)!

UPDATE
I updated the list with this cool book i found that will be available next year.:up: :up:

From Amazon.com:
1932100741.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Unauthorized X-Men : SF and Comic Writers on Mutants, Prejudice, and Adamantium (Smart Pop series) - April 1, 2006
by Len Wein (Editor)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=sr_1_26/103-6293845-6267801?v=glance&s=books

Book Description

Uncanny. Extraordinary. Astonishing. The X-Men have been called many things over the years, but whats truly uncanny, extraordinary and astonishing about them is their endurance. Since the X-Mens arrival on the comics scene in 1963, the Marvel series central conceitmutants fighting to protect a world that fears and often hates themhas remained fresh and timely through multiple generations and multiple reinventions, as well as multiple mediums (including the latest summer blockbusters, X-Men, X2: X-Men United and the upcoming X-Men 3, due out May 2006).

The essays in The Unauthorized X-Men show why. In it, contributors trace the series evolution and challenge its metaphors, and draw from its stories truths about human nature and human society. From real mutant subcultures in our world to the reality of racism and heterosexism not so different from that of the X-Men, The Unauthorized X-Men takes on the intersection between fiction and truth in a volume perfect for the long-time comic readers and cartoon fans and Johnny-come-lately movie fans.

About the Author

The Unauthorized X-Men is edited by Len Wein, co-creator of the New X-Men. In his work for Marvel, Wein had a hand in the creation of such classic X-Men characters as Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Storm, as well as writing for Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and The Incredible Hulk. In addition, he has worked as Editor-in-Chief of Marvel Comics, Disney Comics and Top Cow Comics, as well as Senior Editor at DC Comics.
Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1932100741/103-6293845-6267801?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance

Dang, there are going to be alot of books coming out next year that are X-Men related. Sweet.

UPDATE
X-Men: Mutant Genesis TPB (Paperback)
May 3, 2006
Marvel Comics 184 pages

Book Description
The best-selling storyline is back in print! The mutant terrorist Magneto again threatens the world, and only the X-Men can stop him! And should they survive this confrontation, the villainous Omega Red is waiting in the wings! Collects X-Men (1991) #1-7
Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...103-6491830-1943047?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Notice the plot with Omega Red. Something we've been speculating about on these boards. Why release such a book in the same month as X3? Or am i drawing too many conclusions?

Retroman I believe you are right, oh and about the quote thing I saw it on tv along time ago (the host said it, not brett himself), like star daily or enetertainment tonight or something else. I can't remember. But I remember along time ago reading that the orignal director was only going to make three. It was in one of those kids magazines or whatever at the super market. I saw wolverine on it so I picked it up (It was when when x-men one had just hit dvd) Then on the show I saw a couple months ago it said That breet is planning on doing 3 x-men movies of his own and he wanted pheonix for x3 and apacolypse for one of the other ones,

It should have been Jean... I'm tired of her death and I'm tired of seeing Emma on the story... blergh for Emma !!!

Dany

Awesome i'm looking forward to those books. :up:
Thanks for the links and all the updates.

I7eIVIoNBoY said:
didnt Rogue first meet Gambit on the brotherhood!?

Nah, not in any version I can think of. Unless you're talking about Evolution where Gambit was an Acolyte.

Didnt Rogue join the brotherhood for a while and they made her suck the energy out of Marvel Girl? Hence the reason Rogue is able to fly and have super strenght?

UPDATE
Found details on a brand new X-Men book thats in the works as we speak. A real must-have for the fans is coming this autumn! :up:

From The Official Homepage of author Michael Mallory:

I have spent a good part of the year in the company of mutants. No, I'm not getting into politics, I was researching and writing a new book titled X-Men: The Characters and Their Universe, which will be published by Hugh Lauter Levin and Associates in October 2006. It is another coffee-table sized book (attach four legs and you've got a coffee table!) that provides the history of the X-Men from their inception in Marvel Comics through their various media adaptations, up to and including the upcoming feature film X-Men 3. Doing books like this one is always a delight because I get to meet and talk to the people behind the comics, cartoons and films, and this time around the list included the likes of Stan Lee, director Bryan Singer (who is contributing the book's foreword), and actors Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn and Sir Ian McKellen. This book is a follow-up to my 2001 tome Marvel: The Characters and Their Universe, which came out in a new Barnes and Noble edition last fall.
Source: http://www.michaelmallory.com/news.htm

Of all the mutants out there who'd want a cure...the 1st would be Rogue. Besides all the X-Men are like orphans or foster children in a way. Maybe Storm is depowered and takes her in. Who knows but it's clear Rogue is one who wants to be cured of her powers.

I7eIVIoNBoY said:
didnt Rogue first meet Gambit on the brotherhood!?
Gambit was never a member of the Brotherhood. The most he did was lead a group of marauders into the Morlock tunnels during the Masscre.

Advanced Dark said:
Of all the mutants out there who'd want a cure...the 1st would be Rogue. Besides all the X-Men are like orphans or foster children in a way. Maybe Storm is depowered and takes her in. Who knows but it's clear Rogue is one who wants to be cured of her powers.
I don't know that that's true about Rogue. She had been depowered in the comics but apparently allowed Sage to 'restart' her like she did Gambit. Makes ya wonder.

I searched but didn't find this surprisingly here? If it is somewhere else merge it.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The novelization of X3, written by Chris Claremont and based on the screenplay by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg, is scheduled for release on May 16 from Del Rey.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here's how the 352-page book is described:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The X-Men, mutant heroes sworn to defend a world that hates and fears them, are back! This time, with the help of new recruits The Beast and Angel, they must face evolution itself in the form of their former teammate, Jean Grey! Possessed with the cosmic power of the Dark Phoenix, the resurrected Jean Grey has become a danger to herself, her mutant comrades, and the entire planet! To stave off this imminent threat to humanity, a potential cure is discovered and processed to treat -- and ultimately eliminate -- genetic mutations, once and for all! Now, as the battle lines are drawn, the X-Men, led by Professor Charles Xavier, must contend with both Jean Grey's world-consuming powers, as well as the malevolent Brotherhood, a band of powerful mutants organized under Xavier's former ally, Magneto!"
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Claremont, who also wrote the X2 novelization, make a non-speaking cameo in X3.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In other X3 news:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Fox UK has released a new image of the film, featuring Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Storm (Halle Berry) and Beast (Kelsey Grammer). Click on the image above for a larger image.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* The X3 Junior novel is written by Danny Fingeroth and will be in stores on May 1 fromer Harper Kids. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* HarperKids also will be publishing the Official Movie Scrapbook. The 48-page book is set for release on April 1. There will also be a Deluxe Sound Storybook.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

http://www.comicscontinuum.com

thank you for this information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back