Y: The Last Man

Antonello Blueberry

Inglorious bastard
Reaction score
After the good reactions to the Brian K. Vaughn scripted episode of Lost, I think we'll hear something about the development of the movie based on his comic-book "Y:The Last Man".
According to a scooper for JoBlo, "... while promoting DISTURBIA in France, Shia (LeBeouf) expressed substantial interest in playing the lead role in the Y film, proclaiming the series one of the best comics around."
As Shia is one of the hottest young actors in Hollywood now (Transorners, Disturbia, the fourth Indiana Jones), if he's on board the movie will easily get a greenlight.

I always thought a younger Jake Gyllenhaal would have made a great Yorick. Now that he's a bit older probably not. Lebouf seems to be on a hot streak at the moment, I don't recall seeing him perform, but I have heard some good things about him.

He did very well in "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints". And if Spielberg and Lucas trusted him as an apt partner to Harrison Ford and Cate Blanchett, he probably deserves some credit.

Well if he's the right guy for the role and wants to do it, great! Plus, he's an up and coming youngster who seems to be getting a lot of attention, that could very well help the movie.

What about the other characters? Dr Mann, Agent 355, Hero etc?

I hate Shia LaBeouf. I want:

Emile Hirsch

emile_hirsch_alpha_dog.jpg

I'ld love to see Danny Boyle direct this film

I hate Jack Bauer... that doesn't mean he's not the best.

Shia would own as Yorrick, hands up and down and up again. It's retarted.

Ampersand could be a LOT of fun with their trained monkey stuff and off camera poo flinging.

I think Megan Good would be an awesome 355, mainly cuz she's hot, but she's got some great experience and chops. And I liked her gunslinging attitude in DEBS. If that's too young, Gabrielle Union would be a great choice as well.

Dr Mann? I assume Lucy Liu is off limits? Why not Linda Park from Enterprise? She's scientific and I like her attitude attitude, if that makes any sense.

I'm not sure on Hero but having the all-too expensive Keira Knightly as Alter (via Domino) and somebody great like Glenn Close as Jennifer Brown would be AWESOME.

The story of Y: The Last Man is so sizeable, I think it'd be awesome if it could be three movies shot at once. I'd love if they could hit all the bullet points throughout the series. That'd be awesome.

Thomas Dekker might also make a great Yorick...
thomas_dekker.jpg

Plus he's sort of an unknown which is best for this role

Yorick Brown= Zachary Levy
untitled-5.jpg

Agent 355= Alicia Keys
untitled2-4.jpg

Dr. Allison Mann= Moon Bloodgood
untitled4-3.jpg

Beth Deville= Kristen Bell
untitled3-3.jpg

Hero Brown= Eliza Dushku
untitled5-3.jpg

Last edited:
Dude I'd love that cast. I love Zach and Kristen Bell, that'd be my dream cast for this film. However Shias cool two, did this guy get confirmed yet?

Naw Shia was Caruso's first choice (since there collab so much) but a load of ppl shot that idea down. So they havent officially named another person to play Yorick

Moon Bloodgood? Umm no. She sucks. All of her movie roles SUCK.

Moon Bloodgood? Umm no. She sucks. All of her movie roles SUCK.

I think Shia is a good actor. I hope he gets the part.

Ya know, Y: The Last Man is one of my favorite series of all time, but I don't know how I feel about it being made into a movie. For one, I hate Shia Labeouf and he'll ruin one of my favorite comic characters (Yorick) for me, and I don't know how they would pursue it because there's no way they could put aspects of every issue into the movie even though every issue is important. The only way I would want it to happen would be if BKV wrote the script and it was rated R, and even then I'd be skeptical.

If the new DC/WB can get the "LaBeefless" version of this up and running then I'll be happy!

shia is the most underrated actor going today he gets no credit when he should he is a good actor

shia is the most underrated actor going today he gets no credit when he should he is a good actor

I got no problem with LaBeef. If he wanted to play the character, he has the Hollywood clout to have gotten it going already. He hasn't, so let's move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"