Y: The Last Man

shia is gonna be yorrick i am sure of it unless they change directors

he wants to do it he just wanted to take a break from the normal kid thrown in unusual circumstances type of character for a bit

well if the film doesnt happen still for a few more yrs he could just decide to not do it any more or become busy with other roles.

Anton Yelchin for Yorick, damn it.:cmad::cmad:

I thought I read somewhere that Shia said he didn't want to this because he thought the character would be too similar to Sam Witwicky.

I thought I read somewhere that Shia said he didn't want to this because he thought the character would be too similar to Sam Witwicky.

actually what he said is they are similar in the sense of a normal kid thrown in an unusual situation (Transformers and a world wide death plague)

he wants to play him he just wanted to take break from those type of characters

Im very content with Shia as Yorick. He is certainly not a bad choice. I think there are better possibilities.

Yorick Brown- Sam Huntington
Hero Brown- Eliza Dushku
Jennifer Brown- Glenn Close
Agent 355- Gina Torres
Victoria- Susan Sarandon
Dr Mann- Gong Li
Beth- Rachael Taylor
Alter Tse'elon- Idina Menzel
Ampersand- Frank Welker

Torres is way too old to be Agent 355. It would have to be more like a Zoe Saldana type.

I'm not optimistic. He has the "Zack Snyder" problem of being an action guy who wants to be able to direct drama, but you can see his heart and soul only comes out in the action scenes.

Louis lacks the character moments needed for Y.

well we will have to see if he nabs this or not. for all we know Y could end up in developmental hell again for a long time. Though louis does want to get more comic films. But i would figure he would try to nab another marvel film. Since he is in good terms with them and all that.

YLM UPDATE
It's been a while since we heard anything about a potential live-action adaptation of "Y: The Last Man," Brian K. Vaughan's celebrated comic book series about the adventures of the last man on Earth (and his monkey). All the way back in 2008, "Disturbia" director D.J. Caruso had planned to cast his former star Shia LaBeouf as Yorick, the last male human left on the planet after everything with a Y chromosome suddenly drops dead — everything, that is, except him and his pet monkey, Ampersand. Even with a script written by Vaughan himself, the going was tough for Caruso, and LaBeouf's involvement soon became one of those on-again, off-again uncertainties.
MTV News caught up with Caruso on the set of his upcoming film "I Am Number Four" and managed to get an update of sorts on the status of the "Y: The Last Man" movie.
"It's still in active development at New Line," the filmmaker told MTV Movies Blog editor Adam Rosenberg. "I'm still kind of loosely attached."
"We've taken about four cracks at the screenplay," he explained. "It's been a really tough one, only because there's so much that you cover and trying to narrow it down [is a problem]."
Caruso went on to indicate that differing philosophies regarding the breakdown of the story had much to do with its stalled status, with his vision of a three-part saga clashing with the studio's solo film plans.
"My problem that I have with New Line [is], they're good people, but I felt you had to make this film as a trilogy," he said. "[I felt] that you really had to deal with books one through four on their own. And I think there was a different philosophy there. They really wanted to cover a lot more ground [in one film], which I didn't think would make for a great movie. I thought you'd be cramming too much into one movie."
"So that's where we left off," continued Caruso. "Maybe when I get back [from shooting 'I Am Number Four'] we'll try to get back into it. I really do love that project, so I hope we can make something work out. That's been the problem. I think we've all felt the same frustration about it."

hope it gets made but i have rethought by casting recently i think Zack Efron would be a better yorick than shia

at this point, just make it into a mini-series. Look at The Walking Dead and good that looks.

y last man has a better cinematic appeal than walking dead and a bigger budget imo

i think Y is too cinematic for a tv show this is not like the easily grounded normal location zombie show like walking dead(even movies like 28 days later only cost 8 million)

some things are better meant for a film i think Y is one of them

imagine watchmen on a tv budget trying to make mars and manhattan lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"