Y: The Last Man

i think Y is too cinematic for a tv show this is not like the easily grounded normal location zombie show like walking dead(even movies like 28 days later only cost 8 million)

some things are better meant for a film i think Y is one of them

imagine watchmen on a tv budget trying to make mars and manhattan lol

Something is getting cut. Either because of budget(tv) or time(movies)

I'd rather a Game of Thrones style approach than worrying about whether the effects shots look awesome in every scene.

Lost managed to portray the lives of people living around the world so with a bit more I think a good adaptation can be done.

I just can't see this getting made without a big time director getting on board to take charge.

Yay! I really want to see this.

That writing team doesn't really give me faith though.

it needs the budget of The Walking Dead, and the budget of Lost for the pilot

but man a TV show would be awesome!

Y: The Last Man Now One of New Line’s First Priorities

Well-placed sources tell us that New Line Cinema may finally be getting around to making a feature-film adaptation of the graphic novel, Y: The Last Man.

Of course, when a project has been in development for almost a decade, it can sometimes be difficult to get excited about the latest twist or turn. But even still, we hear that the studio is very pleased with a draft from former Jericho writers Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia, and has already begun the process of meeting with director candidates to hire for the project.

For those unfamiliar, Y is a classic in the comic book–graphic novel world. Written by Brian K. Vaughn (who also worked on several seasons of Lost), it tells the story of a guy and his pet monkey — the only survivors of the apparent simultaneous death-by-plague of every male mammal on Earth. Over the years, it’s attracted all sorts of directors, including most recently, Disturbia director DJ Caruso, who left the project two years ago.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/09/y-the-last-man-one-of-new-lines-1st-priorities.html?mid=imdb

awesome cant wait y the last man is my fav comic series ever

hope we get a good director

Back on the fast track I see.

I am so glad Shia LeBouf and DJ Caruso are no longer attached. I really feared this would become a generic run-of-the-mill disappointment.

Still one of the finest comic series ever written.

Let's hope this time it works out and lives to its full potential.

Man I wish Alfonso Cuaron would take this on.

still think Zoe Saldana should play 355 very solid actress looks like her and is a bigger name with roles in avatar,star trek,losers,columbiana

and can play legitimately tough yet vulnerable under the surface
The-Losers-movie-image-Zoe-Saldana.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah she could be cool.

Not sure about those writers to be honest. They don't strike me as the type of people who write stories which make me go "hmm, I would want to see that".

Still, it would be great to see this made. It would definitely change things.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/new-line-sets-dan-trachtenberg-to-helm-y-the-last-man/
New Line Sets Dan Trachtenberg To Helm ‘Y The Last Man’
By MIKE FLEMING JR

BREAKING: New Line Cinema is moving forward with the cult classic Y The Last Man, setting Dan Trachtenberg to direct the film. The helmer, with a commercials background, put himself on the map after generating his own trailer for a faux movie based on the videogame Portal.

Y The Last Man is the dystopian science fiction comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra published by Vertigo beginning in 2002. It focuses on only man to survive the apparent simultaneous death of every male mammal on Earth. The 60-issue series was repackaged in book firm and the series won five Eisner Awards. The film has a script by Matthew Federman & Stephen Scaia.

The film is being produced by Benderspink and David Goyer, with Michael Disco and David Neustadter overseeing for New Line. Trachtenberg is separately attached to helm Crime of the Century, the Universal film which has Chris Morgan producing. That’s being scripted by Daniel Kunka.

ICM Partners reps Trachtenberg along with Oasis. CAA and Mosaic reps the scribes.

a two hour feature makes no sense. this needs to be a limited tv series. hbo or basic cable. and tapping a first time director seems really really dumb to me.

Goyer's involvement is hardly a good sign either. Zero expectations for this.

BKV's stuff deserves top shelf treatment, not this. Shame.

Last edited:
I would think this would have to be a franchise, wouldn't it?

My choices for Yorick...

• Andrew Garfield

• Anton Yelchin,

• Joseph Gordon Levitt

• Elijah Wood

• Jamie Bell

• James McAvoy

• Jim Sturgess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"