Superman Returns Ya'll agree?

S

SuperDave

Hey SR Fans,

I am very tired of typical Superman scenes and stories. I want something fresh (new, different, surprising). For example:

1. A villian that knows Clarks identity ... and attacks him.
2. Clark in a fire ... his clothes burn off leaving the Superman suit.
3. Clark caught changing into superman.
4. Superman flying with children like he did in the early days.
5. Superman using his powers while he is dressed as Clark.
6. Superman travelling back in time or into the future.
7. Superman living a normal life doing everyday things ... that would be interesting.
8. Having new obstacles to overcome ... not just kryponite and such.

I hope ya'll get what I mean ... and please do not just say they did that in SR ... because they didn't ... if they did the film would have been a greater success ... I want to be WOWed ... and I was not ... I wanted to see something that makes me think ... WOW ... that was cool ... how did they do that ... I never would have thought of that ... I want to see that again ... I can't wait to tell my friends.

What Singer did:

1. Kid
2. New suit
3. Typical rescues and such
4. A rehash of old superman movies
5. Superman in a love triangle
etc

It can be said to go with what works ... but gimme a break ... stop playing it safe ... Superman the movie was a classic ... because it was bold and different ... therefore one should try to be bold and different as well ... not just play it safe ... who is with me on this ... I am curious ...

SuperDave

Hey SR Fans,

I am very tired of typical Superman scenes and stories. I want something fresh (new, different, surprising). For example:

7. Superman living a normal life doing everyday things ... that would be interesting.

1., 2., & 3. all seem to involve Clark's identity being revealed.

4. what's exciting about that?

5. Superman used his powers while dressed as Clark in each of the Christopher Reeve movies.

6. Superman traveled back in time in the original Donner film.

7. again, what exactly is exciting about that?

8. Superman II?

what you're asking for is hardly fresh and new.

I like your ideas, SuperDave. SR sucked more balls than Singer. Give us classic Superman (without the gay panties and rubbery insignia) doing exciting things. "Oh hey, look, he's lifting something. Again." :rolleyes: The special effects budget was thrown away. As was the budget on the script, most of the casting ... meh!

I like your ideas, SuperDave. SR sucked more balls than Singer. Give us classic Superman (without the gay panties and rubbery insignia) doing exciting things. "Oh hey, look, he's lifting something. Again." :rolleyes: The special effects budget was thrown away. As was the budget on the script, most of the casting ... meh!

You're a real class act......

Hey SR Fans,

"Oww! What're you doing, Mom?!"
And then he blows out the fire...like he did in SR? What would the Clark suit add?
By the same maintenance and repairmen who found Clark's discarded clothes whil fixing teh holes in teh elevator shaft.
Peter Pan flew with children...in a fairy tale... :oldrazz:
How about...he whistles for a taxi really loudly, or throws a baseball into the stratasphere, or watches Lois enter an elevator with his X-Ray vision, or listens in on a conversation between Lois and Richard, or....wait a sec...
Not again.
Watering the plants, going to the post office, checking his voicemail, buying toilet paper...all as Superman...
I agree.

my favorite lift thing was him lifting the boat out of the water. "Hey, let's have Brandon standing on the partial boat set and zoom the camera back while the partial set is being lifted out of the water." God that so sucked. Hey, let's have Brandon float down real slow and make it look obvious that he was on wires and we did a wire removal. I still want to know where the 250 mill went for this film when I have seen other films that have cost way less have 40 times the effects.

Mr Socko said:
Please, no #6!!!

Don't like Sweet and Sour Pork or DeLorens? ;) :)

"Oww! What're you doing, Mom?!"
And then he blows out the fire...like he did in SR? What would the Clark suit add?
By the same maintenance and repairmen who found Clark's discarded clothes whil fixing teh holes in teh elevator shaft.
Peter Pan flew with children...in a fairy tale... :oldrazz:
How about...he whistles for a taxi really loudly, or throws a baseball into the stratasphere, or watches Lois enter an elevator with his X-Ray vision, or listens in on a conversation between Lois and Richard, or....wait a sec...
Not again.
Watering the plants, going to the post office, checking his voicemail, buying toilet paper...all as Superman...
I agree.

LOL KalMart. :)

Angeloz

Thank God you don't post so often on the Superman boards.

Pickle-El said:
You're a real class act......

She apparently isn't intelligent.

buggs0268 said:
my favorite lift thing was him lifting the boat out of the water. "Hey, let's have Brandon standing on the partial boat set and zoom the camera back while the partial set is being lifted out of the water." God that so sucked. Hey, let's have Brandon float down real slow and make it look obvious that he was on wires and we did a wire removal. I still want to know where the 250 mill went for this film when I have seen other films that have cost way less have 40 times the effects.

What?

OK, and you apparently don't understand the process or art of filmmaking.

Wow...

nintendo nerd said:
Thank God you don't post so often on the Superman boards.

Agreed. She's a rude, disrespectful *****.

Keep your homophobic remarks at home....10 days probation.

What?

OK, and you apparently don't understand the process or art of filmmaking.

Wow...
Ah yes I do actually. It is what I do. And no I am not going to say who I am. (already know that is coming) but you can ask Kakarot about it. I understand the process very well and that was just bad directing. And in a summer movie with a guy who can pick up things, to just have him stand on a small set and have it gimbled out of the water is really lame.

what would the alternative have been? Richard looking through the porthole to see the ocean surface receding back towards him while Superman lifts the boat from underneath? I don't think it would have been nearly as dramatic.

WHAT??? They didn't have Superman punching a CGI boat??? :cmad:

I hate when they waste money that isn't mine like that. Superman means CGI action and CGI action means punches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"