The Walking Dead You’d Better Not Be Dead Yet: The Carol Thread

Yaaaaaaaaaaaas Carol YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

She is such a badass.

I used to dislike her. Then I was indifferent. Then I liked her. Now I love her.

Well played TWD.

She is such a badass.

I used to dislike her. Then I was indifferent. Then I liked her. Now I love her.

Well played TWD.

I have to agree, although I never really disliked her. I just thought she was going to die at any given moment until season four. This new episode pushed Carol from the "characters I really like" to "characters I love" category, which is a big deal for me since there aren't many characters I love on TWD.

She was that character who in the beginning everyone was waiting/wanting to die (if you read this thread from the start it's obvious) and now she's like Daryl where she's such an important badass that killing her off could be a crippling blow to the series.

I bet Sam would’ve left his room if Carol had offered him the tray of cookies (in "Now") instead of Jessie. After all he’s become more attached to her than his own mother.

Why was Carol not in this episode at all? That was really weird.

EW-1403-CAROL-The-Walking-Dead-6.jpg

This Week's Cover: The Walking Dead returns with 6 exclusive EW collector's covers

YESSS Carol.

I hate that outfit, but I love her so much. Easily my favorite character on the show.

Yeah I like Carol, but I thought she mishandled that Wolf/Morgan situation.

Entertainment Weekly said:
Carol Peletier has killed scores of zombies during her six seasons on The Walking Dead. Too many to mention, in fact. But a few of them definitely are worth mentioning.

With that in mind, we asked the woman who plays Carol, Melissa McBride, to name her favorite walker kill ever, and she could not contain it to just one. “I have two favorite walker kills,” says Peletier. “One of them was in season 4 where Carol goes down to the bridge outside of the fence at the prison to get the gunk out of the hose. And Rick sees her down there and is of course calling her — ‘Carol!’ ”

This leads McBride to question whether Mr. Grimes actually did more harm than good in that particular situation. “If he hadn’t called her, do you think the walkers would have noticed? Anyway, so the walkers come and she’s got to kill them and she runs up to the fence and kills one with the hacksaw. And it gets stuck in its head. That was a really fun one to shoot.”

What is her other favorite walker kill ever? “The other one was Terminus,” says McBride. “And that was just to obliterate a bunch of them with an explosion and that was a lot of fun.” Exploding zombies? Yeah, there are probably worse days on set.

The Walking Dead: Melissa McBride on her favorite zombie kills ever

It was interesting seeing the show explore another side of Carol that we haven’t seen before. Making beet and acorn cookies for the Alexandrians, upgrading from a knife to a machete, putting a cookie on Sam’s grave, smoking, having a relationship with Tobin, confronting Rick about allowing a pregnant woman (Maggie) join the raid against Negan’s compound as well as stopping Maggie from fighting once the alarm went off at the compound. I don’t think she was putting on act anymore at the ASZ. I believe she was enjoying the Susie Homemaker lifestyle. It’s the first time on the show and probably before she met Ed that she was in peace.

I also thought it was interesting that she still hasn’t told Rick about the whole Wolf/Morgan incident. Morgan might be getting through to her in some way. She even came to his defense after Rosita confronted her about the situation (albeit two months later).

The lack of subtletly in TWD indicates she is going to find the business end of Lucille. They frequently telegraph who is going to die next in blatantly obvious ways like giving them more screen time like a dedicated episode or something similarly send off-y.

Carol was shown being "normal" at the start of the last episode so odds are good she is going to die.

Anything can happen, but I have a hunch that she'll try to protect Maggie in this coming episode.

"The Same Boat" was an excellent character study episode on Carol. It explored and questioned who was the real Carol. Commando Carol, Suzy Homemaker Carol, a hybrid of both or someone else?

Carol was great in this ep…however, is she reverting into Tyrese and Morgan moral's nonsense?

McBride was looking hot on The Talking Dead too.

Last edited:
Yeah, she looked really good on Talking Dead. And Alicia Witt looked amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Good God, I wish I'd have been on that couch with them haha.

But anyway, I wouldn't worry about Carol going too soft like those other characters. She still blew off that one savior's head and she impaled Paula.

I’m concerned for Carol and wonder where she took off? It sounded like a suicide letter that Tobin read.Did she banish herself from the community, b/c she’s scared of what she and the group's become? And is fed up with all the killing? Or is she on a suicide mission against the Saviors?

Carol these last few episodes, been annoying. To me at least. Thinking more and more now that she might actually be a victim soon of Lucille. Which now id be fine with.

The writers could be writing her out of the story temporarily. And by the next time we see her she's found another community and has settled there, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"